Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
Frederick
Unregistered
Frederick
Unregistered
F
I realise this is mainly a U.S.A. Forum but this is something I posted on a U.K. Forum earlier this week and thought it may be of interest here. I assume that Cannabis is as illegal in the U.S.A. as it is here in the U.K.

I dare say you will all have heard how there are moves to make some Cannabis medication legal in the U.K.
They say it may be the end of the year before is becomes available. There will be some snags as you would
expect. It will only be available for certain diseases and then only from a particular clinic. They have not yet
named A.S. as a disease to be included but nerve pain due to spinal cord damage is named as a qualifying
condition. I hope that rheumatology clinics will be one of the places that can prescribe Cannabis. Attending
a pain clinic is a long winded affair as the waiting list is very long.

I am particularly interested as I suffer from nerve pain due to spinal cord damage. Nerve pain of this sort is
particularly difficult to deal with and many patients never get complete relief from it as it doesn't always resolve
with the usual painkillers. There seems little point in mentioning this to my G.P. but I will certainly ask about it
at my next rheumatology outpatient appointment. I want to be at the top of that list

New_Member
New_Member
Good luck!
Give us some feedback.

Portugal here.

Rock on!
F
Frederick
Unregistered
Frederick
Unregistered
F
Feedback from who and about what?

M
MLR Offline
New_Member
New_Member
M
Cannabis is legal here in Washington state in the U.S. My son tried the oil and other products and they didn't help. Nothing.
I think it's overrated as a pain killer.

J
Active_Member
Active_Member
J
In South Africa it is now a grey area - not yet completely legalised, but allowed to be grown and used for one's own benefit. Many small concerns are making and selling the oil and the authorities are turning a blind eye during this period. The main problem I've encountered is the lack of regulation at this stage, making it nearly impossible to compare one product with another. For the most part there is nothing on a bottle to say what you are getting, how it has been processed, how strong it is and what the ratio is of CBD to THC. For me it is important to buy a well-made product with all the alcohol boiled off. I've managed to find one brand that details very carefully everything that is in it, however it didn't work for me. It made me a little sleepy but definitely didn't help my AS pain.

Spondyloarthropathy with symptoms of AS, Sjögrens and fibro. Previously took Celebrex, Methotrexate, Trepiline, Prednisone which seemed to trigger a flare and my illness became much worse. Symptoms now kept mostly under control with NSD, as well as cutting sugar, dairy and yeast and food intolerances. Mostly pain free now and all symptoms massively improved.
F
Frederick
Unregistered
Frederick
Unregistered
F
We will have to wait and see I suppose eventually some proper research will be done.

Royal_AS_kicker
Royal_AS_kicker
I have had amazing luck with organic CBD. I'm off of my pain meds (except for the occasional 5mg cyclobenzoprine and a few tylenol each week). The THC makes me sick to my stomach and feeling like I'm going crazy and dying all at once. Not fun. I recommend you start small.

ANA+ RF+ Rh- HLAB27+
Dx JRA 1967, GAD 1997, AS 2009, HMs 2010, CPS 2013
pulmonary edema w/ NSAIDS 2009

Movin' it so I don't lose it!

D
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
D
I'm in Canada where cannabis is now regulated and legal, and I am strongly considering CBD drops to treat my AS and related fatigue/anxiety. I've read quite a few success stories online from other forums that make it sound worth a try.

Anyone have experience (positive or otherwise) with cannabis on Kickas?

Moderated by  Megan, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 46 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,361,898 hmmm