Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Wilhelm Offline OP
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
Hi everybody,

So long story short, I've been on Enbrel for about 5 1/2 years with superb success. It gave me my life back, brought my blood markers to normal and brought down my pain from 8/10 to about 2/10 on most days. To the point where I almost "forgot" I had AS.

Last week (Tuesday) I walked about 5 kilometers at a pretty fast pace. It was the first form of exercise I did for years... I felt exhausted when I arrived home and I was feeling stiff and achy for about 3-4 days after that. The following Friday I spent the day up at work and barely sat at all and had a pretty big episode of back pain that night. Then it started to get a bit better, but it never went back exactly to the level of comfort I had before my walk.

This week back pain is at about 5/10, sometimes less. But I feel an annoying discomfort most of the time, and some small symptoms like leg pain or feet pain that had gone away for years are kinda creeping back. Not to a great extent but I feel a difference in my body. I can still do everything normally and my range of motion is not affected, but I feel achy since I exercised.

I'm kind of panicking and thinking Enbrel is starting to fail me and stop working. I've been very depressed to be in some pain again, even if it's nowhere near as bad as before treatment. But I'm stressed and scared.

Anybody experience a flare period in the spring or after exercising a bit too hard? Am I panicking for no reason?

Thanks for your support, I really do need it. I don't want to go back to the way I was before.

F
Frederick
Unregistered
Frederick
Unregistered
F
Originally Posted By Wilhelm

Am I panicking for no reason?

Yes but then most of us do as some time or other.

Wilhelm Offline OP
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
I think that I’m overly anxious about what my symptoms COULD become and that’s my real struggle. Anxiety keeps me in a state of stress and muscle fatigue that makes me feel bad and I may be attributing some symptoms to AS that eould resolve if I could calm down.

It’s like I’m anticipating pain and panicking instead of reacting to the ACTUAL pain I have, which is still pretty low.

I have no morning stiffness or pain in hands or any of my previous symptoms I had prior to taking Enbrel. I just feel like my body is more fragile if thst makes sense. But I’ve been walking more than usual and stressing all day and night so that might be that....

I’m a nightmare for my gf too. Always stressed and silent and repeating the same worries. She deserves better.

V
Steel_AS_Kicker
Steel_AS_Kicker
V
I would eat green leafy salad for two days and juice some celery and cucumber to get your pain levels down. See if it works and it it helps introduce some chicken or salmon and see how your body does with just greens and chicken/salmon.
Cut out sugars and grains/starches for a week, your pain should improve somewhat. It has helped my back pain in the past.

I hope you feel better soon
smile

Diet change has improved my RA. I feel best eating raw veggies and some fruits and avoiding grains, sugars, nightshades, beans and dairy. Sed rate dropped from 65 to 19, but it took over a year.
www.fatsickandnearlydead.com

excess fat/oils = pain for me
recipes for raw food on Youtube "raw food romance"
and "healing josephine" Josephine is in remission from RA after two years by change diet/exercise

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 37 guests, and 118 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,361,692 hmmm
1,319,572 OMG!!!!
709,183 PARTY TIME!