Hi All:

Many people in these forums say not to mix sugars and lipids: ice cream, whipped cream, etc. Would you say the same regarding mixing complex carbs and lipids: butter with rice/corn/potato/bread? I know that mixing in those cases is irrelevant to some AS sufferers since even without the butter they will suffer simply due to the starch. But so, is there a difference between mixing sugars and fat as opposed to mixing complex carbs and fats?

Similarly putting a butter or olive oil on asparagus, carrots, broccoli, and other more fibrous carbohydrates is popular but seems to be much more tolerated by AS victims, and science shows that the mix enhances nutrient absorption. Perhaps the suffering by AS victims is lessened only due to the rate that the microbiome can process the fibers and perhaps form other compounds with the lipids; especially lipopolysaccharide (LPS) which might trigger TLR4 and TLR5 receptors thus creating a small cytokine storm resulting in inflammation downstream.

I am hearing confusing advice about "balanced diets" that have a mix of carbs and fats, or diets that say to separate their intake and which to eat first. The contexts are about not gaining wait, not triggering inflammation, not upsetting diabetes, and all have theoretical bases but few really support their theory with experiment other than anecdotal evidence.

Lastly, many people say that chocolate triggers a flare in them because of the sugar and fat mix. But perhaps they are reacting to the mycotoxin that often is associated with the coco bean. I wonder if those people have tried just taking a pure sugar and mixing it with cream to make a whipped cream and see what happens with that. Perhaps the same goal can be accomplished by eating ice cream.

Maybe people have different experiences for ice cream, whipped cream and chocolate.

Opinions???
2013.08:Reverse blockage in a SCUBA accident
2013.09:Strange sore throat then meningitis
2014:Chronic inflammation at the base of the skull
2014 to early 2015:excess NSAID use developed complete axial inflammation, included psoriasis
NSD helped well and but was not perfect
2018.07: weak +'ve tests for borrelia, babesia, bartonella and mycoplasma pneumonia using Armin Lab, ANA=equivocal