Hi all,

I'm currently in Bad Gastein (Austria) halfway through a two-week programme of radon therapy at the Heilstollen. It's something I have been thinking about trying for more than 6 years; some of my first research was done on KickAS via posts by Luigi and others.

So far so good, in terms of getting through the programme, the professionalism of the clinic and also, importantly, how interesting it is to finally meet other people with AS. It can be a lonely condition (I know, I should have been on here earlier!).

I'm buoyed by the fact that most patients here are returning patients - some have been coming for 10, 20 or 30 years. Most are off all medication. Obviously, I haven't met anyone who hasn't had great results with radon, as they wouldn't be back again, so I'm keeping my mind open.

I won't be assessing results until 6-8 weeks post-treatment.

If anyone has any questions about the practicalities of getting here, booking, what it all entails, let me know. I found it pretty difficult to find all the answers I wanted in English before arriving here and just decided to take the plunge.

Cheers,

Ag

Least favourite saying: No Pain No Gain.

2005 - Diagnosed after two years of debilitating SI pain, early 20's
2017 - Waitlist for rheumatologist in Ireland=14-months
2018 - Seeking alternatives