Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
E
Exacta Offline OP
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
E
Getting frustrated after a 14 months on NSD. Has anyone found it was the key to their break through?

K
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
K
So sorry that you're having a tough go of it lately. I know the frustration of feeling you've been diligent only to have the pain return. I don't know DragonSlayer's protocol (can you post a link?) But I can share what I've been doing.

My naturopath calls it 'weed and seed'. I've been at it for almost a year and my starch tolerance has definitely improved. I posted about it recently:

https://www.kickas.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=518098#Post518098

https://www.kickas.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=518135#Post518135

Suspected USpA. HLA B27, xray, u/sound, blood tests all -ve. Ancient history of plantar fasciitis, SI joint pain, knee arthritis. Recent history of tendinitis, neck pain, debilitating finger pain and stiffness (especially mornings). No diagnosis, no meds.

2010 - stopped eating dairy
2012 - stopped eating wheat
2014 - stopped eating all grains
Jan 2017 - discovered NSD - 98% improvement in symptoms, continually amazed by my results, wish I'd found kickAS sooner
E
Exacta Offline OP
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
E
Antibiotic protocol is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4rrat7wt9t8qonf/ASprotocol2.pdf

I am going to give the botanical antimicrobials another go. I realize that I felt a lot better in the summer when I was hitting these hard: pau d'arco, berberine, olive leaf extract, oregano oil, etc.

I am going to have the cipro, flagyl, and tetracycline available as a back up.

Last edited by Exacta; 01/30/18 12:57 PM.
E
Exacta Offline OP
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
E
Kellybells - On your protocol, do you only take one antimicrobial at a time?

K
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
K
Thanks for posting the protocol. My doc would never prescribe a course of antibiotics like that. How does one go about such a thing without their support? Real antibiotics might be faster than my way. Though my way seems to be working, so there is that.

I only take one of the antimicrobials at a time. But there's no design to that - I just usually only have one kind on hand at any given time!

Please keep us posted on your plan and your progress. I haven't seen much guidance about these things, so I mostly just make it up as I go along.

Suspected USpA. HLA B27, xray, u/sound, blood tests all -ve. Ancient history of plantar fasciitis, SI joint pain, knee arthritis. Recent history of tendinitis, neck pain, debilitating finger pain and stiffness (especially mornings). No diagnosis, no meds.

2010 - stopped eating dairy
2012 - stopped eating wheat
2014 - stopped eating all grains
Jan 2017 - discovered NSD - 98% improvement in symptoms, continually amazed by my results, wish I'd found kickAS sooner
E
Exacta Offline OP
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
E
These antibiotics are widely available without Rx in the developing world (and manufactured there), so there are means to obtain them.

Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
As to the antimicrobials: Sometimes I think rotating the different types of compounds and gradually increasing each to the highest dose tolerated is best to make the compound most effective without overloading the body's ability to tolerate it -- not become toxic. If all are taken together at each's highest dose then the body will be overwhelmed, or if all are taken together but at a combined dose that is tolerated then maybe none will be effective.

However we shouldn't overlook the synergies that exist between them and the possibility that taking many at the same time hits the bugs from different sides and lowers each compound's toxicity to us (hopefully not not them), but perhaps the combination's synergy also increases toxicity to us.

Also, most of the organisms that we are fighting are very different from us and so "what is one entities poison is another's food???" The organism that I am aware of that is most similar to us is fungus and that is why anti-funguals are so toxic to us.

Where are the ancient apothecaires/herbalists that passed on the knowledge of what to mix and what not to mix??? Pharmacists know about drug interactions. Do any know about how these natural compounds interact? Some do. Maybe we should consult with a pharmacist.

Just food for thought

HLA-B27 neg, vague AS symptoms in 20s and early 30s
1993:fibromyalgia (age 25)
2013.07:Reverse blockage in a SCUBA accident
2013.08:Scratched by a sick cat
2013.09:Strange sore throat then meningitis
2014:Chronic inflammation at the base of the skull
2014 to early 2015:excess NSAID use developed complete axial inflammation, included psoriasis
NSD helped well and but was not perfect
2018.07: weak +'ve tests for borrelia, babesia, bartonella and mycoplasma pneumonia using Armin Lab, ANA=equivocal
E
Exacta Offline OP
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
E
I began this protocol today in earnest. 1g of Cipro for 11 days. Plan to take 1 tbsp of colloidal silver 2x/day.

Also plan to take various probiotics as usual (kimchi, prescript assist, homemade coconut milk yogurt).

E
Exacta Offline OP
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
E
Completed by last dosage of cipro yesterday. The cipro cycle was a bit of a ride.

During the first 48-72 hours I had some feelings of weakness and lethargy. After this point, I began to have some distinct AS flare activity, which continued until the last day. The flare activity was of roughly equivalent nature and magnitude to the flare activity which prompted me to take this course. Cipro side effects also more or less continued, so all in all I can say I probably felt somewhat worse than usual.

Who really knows whether this is some sort of Herxheimer reaction, or just more of the same. By the last day (yesterday), I did seem to start coming around and feeling pretty good.

Today I have started 1000mg Flagyl (to continue 2 wks) and 1500 mg Tetracycline (to continue 6 wks). I will evaluate at the conclusion of this 6 weeks how long to break from the antibiotics.

Adhering to strict NSD as always.

E
Exacta Offline OP
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
E
Six days into the 'bacteriostatic' phase of the protocol and I feel great. Pain level is a zero most of the time. At night I will sometimes creep to a 1 or 2.

I get some nausea immediately after the flaygl doses. Probably some minor loss of appetite.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 46 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)