Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Robin_H Offline OP
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Hi Folks, please don't call me a moron but you can laugh at me.

One day I came home after work and there was a cup of water that I left on the kitchen counter. I usually have a cup of water kicking around. I took a sip, swallowed and then as I was taking the second sip I could feel a mild burning in my throat. I then remembered putting some bleach in the water in the morning to get the tea stains out. I immediately spat out the second swig.

As the night wore on my stomach growled and and I burped a lot. The next day I didn't have any sense of pain or inflammation. The effect only lasted for a day.

I did not repeat the serendipitous experiment, nor do I recommend trying this at home.

HLA-B27 neg, vague AS symptoms in 20s and early 30s
1993:fibromyalgia (age 25)
2013.07:Reverse blockage in a SCUBA accident
2013.08:Scratched by a sick cat
2013.09:Strange sore throat then meningitis
2014:Chronic inflammation at the base of the skull
2014 to early 2015:excess NSAID use developed complete axial inflammation, included psoriasis
NSD helped well and but was not perfect
2018.07: weak +'ve tests for borrelia, babesia, bartonella and mycoplasma pneumonia using Armin Lab, ANA=equivocal
F
Frederick
Unregistered
Frederick
Unregistered
F
I knew a small child who like you swallowed a small amount of household bleach. Being only a small amount it had no immediate affect. The next day however the child's feces stool was very much paler in color

Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
<LOL> Oh dear - mebbe this should have gone to the jokes section... roll

MollyC1i - Riding OutAS
Magical_AS_Kicker
Magical_AS_Kicker
There are people that actually deliberately drink diluted bleach or spray it up their nose in an attempt to improve heath - http://www.the-natural-path.com/hydrogen-peroxide-therapy.html

And some even take it through IV - http://www.medical-library.net/hydrogen_peroxide_therapy.html

There have been deaths from the IV method - http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/06/us/death-puts-spotlight-on-a-doctor-and-regulators.html

I wouldn't recommend going anywhere near the stuff. It's mainly based on pseudoscience and wishful thinking.

I'm embarrassed to admit that many years ago I deliberately drank some highly diluted H2O2 to see if it did anything for AS. I only did it a few times and never noticed any positive effects.

...of *any description................. alien

MollyC1i - Riding OutAS
A
A
MMS (NaClO2) Chlorine Dioxide

Robin_H Offline OP
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
jroc:

I have heard of hydrogen peroxide IV therapy. It isn't all pseudoscience. Two types of white blood cells (neutrophils and macrophages) actually produce H2O2 that triggers a cascade of Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS) through what is called a "respiratory burst" the purpose of which is to destroy the microbes that the specialized white blood cells engulfed. The respiratory burst only happens after an alien microbe has been engulfed (hopefully it is alien or a defective self-cell). But all those free radicals (H2O2 and other ROS) are localized inside the WBC's and not free to run around damaging healthy tissue much.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2491708/

And it is distressing to know that there are bacteria such as Anaplasma phagocytophilum that can get inside neutrophils and suppress the respiratory burst.

H2O2 is also an ancient signalling molecule produced by our own mitochondria
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2064304/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3134417/

But yes, H202 is not good for our bodies
Causes many problems https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3180186/
Accelerates ageing and cancer https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3180186/

But this brings up the issue of taking anti-oxidants. There is thought that constant use and/or high doses of anti-oxidants can interfere with our body's natural efforts to eradicate infections -- we need ROS at times to curb infections. Perhaps we should take anti-oxidants only when we feel good, not when we feel bad while our bodies are fighting infections.

HLA-B27 neg, vague AS symptoms in 20s and early 30s
1993:fibromyalgia (age 25)
2013.07:Reverse blockage in a SCUBA accident
2013.08:Scratched by a sick cat
2013.09:Strange sore throat then meningitis
2014:Chronic inflammation at the base of the skull
2014 to early 2015:excess NSAID use developed complete axial inflammation, included psoriasis
NSD helped well and but was not perfect
2018.07: weak +'ve tests for borrelia, babesia, bartonella and mycoplasma pneumonia using Armin Lab, ANA=equivocal
Magical_AS_Kicker
Magical_AS_Kicker
Yeah it's the old faulty logic that if some chemical/molecule performs a useful function somewhere in the body, then ingesting it will be beneficial.

Like how cholesterol performs lots of important functions in the body, but ingesting it isn't beneficial because the body can already produce all that it needs.

Then there's also the reverse logic, like if the synthesis of an inflammatory substance like arachidonic acid requires a precursor like linoleic acid, then increasing linoleic acid consumption will increase the amount of precursor available and increase inflammation. But it turns out it doesn't work like that at all.

The body does a pretty good job of keeping things in homeostasis most of the time and doesn't overreact too much to the scarcity or overabundance of most things, which makes any 'fine tuning' of our immune systems very difficult to do.

P
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
P
Please please please be really careful with bleach. I have seen children who have swallowed tiny amounts and their whole oesophagus (gullet) destroyed. There was one case where the child filled an empty bottle of bleach and drank from it, and that was enough to cause serious harm.

Age 56. Psoriatic spondylitis. HLA B27 negative. MRI negative.

Moderated by  Megan, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (haydenk), 62 guests, and 84 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM