Moderators:
- Tim (Dotyisle)
- Chelsea (Kiwi)
- Megan (Megan)
- Wendy (WendyR)
- John (Cheerful)
- Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.
Topic Options
#517652 - 09/30/17 09:29 PM Drinking diluted bleach eliminated symptoms
Robin_H Offline
Active_Member

Loc: Hubei, China
Hi Folks, please don't call me a moron but you can laugh at me.

One day I came home after work and there was a cup of water that I left on the kitchen counter. I usually have a cup of water kicking around. I took a sip, swallowed and then as I was taking the second sip I could feel a mild burning in my throat. I then remembered putting some bleach in the water in the morning to get the tea stains out. I immediately spat out the second swig.

As the night wore on my stomach growled and and I burped a lot. The next day I didn't have any sense of pain or inflammation. The effect only lasted for a day.

I did not repeat the serendipitous experiment, nor do I recommend trying this at home.
During age 47 (2015) developed complete axial inflammation (started from from skull and progressed down to sacrum). Included psoriasis. Trigger in scull was reverse blockage in a SCUBA mishap. Straw that broke the camels back was over use of NSAIDs. NSD works well but not perfect. Strong involvement between symptoms and gut integrity.

#517658 - 10/01/17 05:20 AM Re: Drinking diluted bleach eliminated symptoms [Re: Robin_H]
Frederick Offline
Journeyman_AS_Kicker

I knew a small child who like you swallowed a small amount of household bleach. Being only a small amount it had no immediate affect. The next day however the child's feces stool was very much paler in color

#517661 - 10/01/17 09:04 AM Re: Drinking diluted bleach eliminated symptoms [Re: Frederick]
MollyC1i Offline
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin

Loc: Brittany, France (since Nov 08...
<LOL> Oh dear - mebbe this should have gone to the jokes section... roll

#517663 - 10/01/17 09:53 AM Re: Drinking diluted bleach eliminated symptoms [Re: Robin_H]
jroc Offline
Decorated_AS_Kicker

Loc: New Zealand
There are people that actually deliberately drink diluted bleach or spray it up their nose in an attempt to improve heath - http://www.the-natural-path.com/hydrogen-peroxide-therapy.html

And some even take it through IV - http://www.medical-library.net/hydrogen_peroxide_therapy.html

There have been deaths from the IV method - http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/06/us/death-puts-spotlight-on-a-doctor-and-regulators.html

I wouldn't recommend going anywhere near the stuff. It's mainly based on pseudoscience and wishful thinking.

I'm embarrassed to admit that many years ago I deliberately drank some highly diluted H2O2 to see if it did anything for AS. I only did it a few times and never noticed any positive effects.

#517664 - 10/01/17 10:09 AM Re: Drinking diluted bleach eliminated symptoms [Re: jroc]
MollyC1i Offline
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin

Loc: Brittany, France (since Nov 08...
...of *any description................. alien

#517670 - 10/02/17 07:26 AM Re: Drinking diluted bleach eliminated symptoms [Re: Robin_H]
annelore Offline

MMS (NaClO2) Chlorine Dioxide

#517675 - 10/03/17 01:00 AM Re: Drinking diluted bleach eliminated symptoms [Re: jroc]
Robin_H Offline
Active_Member

Loc: Hubei, China
jroc:

I have heard of hydrogen peroxide IV therapy. It isn't all pseudoscience. Two types of white blood cells (neutrophils and macrophages) actually produce H2O2 that triggers a cascade of Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS) through what is called a "respiratory burst" the purpose of which is to destroy the microbes that the specialized white blood cells engulfed. The respiratory burst only happens after an alien microbe has been engulfed (hopefully it is alien or a defective self-cell). But all those free radicals (H2O2 and other ROS) are localized inside the WBC's and not free to run around damaging healthy tissue much.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2491708/

And it is distressing to know that there are bacteria such as Anaplasma phagocytophilum that can get inside neutrophils and suppress the respiratory burst.

H2O2 is also an ancient signalling molecule produced by our own mitochondria
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2064304/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3134417/

But yes, H202 is not good for our bodies
Causes many problems https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3180186/
Accelerates ageing and cancer https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3180186/

But this brings up the issue of taking anti-oxidants. There is thought that constant use and/or high doses of anti-oxidants can interfere with our body's natural efforts to eradicate infections -- we need ROS at times to curb infections. Perhaps we should take anti-oxidants only when we feel good, not when we feel bad while our bodies are fighting infections.
During age 47 (2015) developed complete axial inflammation (started from from skull and progressed down to sacrum). Included psoriasis. Trigger in scull was reverse blockage in a SCUBA mishap. Straw that broke the camels back was over use of NSAIDs. NSD works well but not perfect. Strong involvement between symptoms and gut integrity.

#517676 - 10/03/17 04:08 AM Re: Drinking diluted bleach eliminated symptoms [Re: Robin_H]
jroc Offline
Decorated_AS_Kicker

Loc: New Zealand
Yeah it's the old faulty logic that if some chemical/molecule performs a useful function somewhere in the body, then ingesting it will be beneficial.

Like how cholesterol performs lots of important functions in the body, but ingesting it isn't beneficial because the body can already produce all that it needs.

Then there's also the reverse logic, like if the synthesis of an inflammatory substance like arachidonic acid requires a precursor like linoleic acid, then increasing linoleic acid consumption will increase the amount of precursor available and increase inflammation. But it turns out it doesn't work like that at all.

The body does a pretty good job of keeping things in homeostasis most of the time and doesn't overreact too much to the scarcity or overabundance of most things, which makes any 'fine tuning' of our immune systems very difficult to do.

Moderator:  Megan, WendyR 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 125 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Guy claims to know the cure for AS must see!
by L33
10/11/17 04:57 PM
women who have as
by connieb
10/02/17 11:43 PM
taken off biologic, help
by Winter
10/02/17 06:51 AM
Drinking diluted bleach eliminated symptoms
by Robin_H
09/30/17 09:29 PM
pain pump