Moderators:
- Tim (Dotyisle)
- Chelsea (Kiwi)
- Megan (Megan)
- Wendy (WendyR)
- John (Cheerful)
- Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#517374 - 07/03/17 08:05 AM Re: I'm having surgery in 7 weeks..... [Re: MollyC1i]
AJ_FUSED Offline
New_Member

Hi Molly,

Thanks for your kind words of encouragement....I'll keep you posted of my progress.

Anthony:)

#517437 - 07/20/17 09:25 AM Re: I'm having surgery in 7 weeks..... [Re: AJ_FUSED]
AJ_FUSED Offline
New_Member

Hi Everyone,
Had my spinal surgery last Thursday, 12 hours in total. The surgeon & his amazing team were able to get my head up and I now have titanium screws & rods in my upper spine & neck. I was released after 6 days & I'm now back home. I will be seeing my surgeon again in 6 weeks where we will discuss a lower back surgery which will correct my posture even further. It's already an amazing transformation and the second surgery is more of a tweak. It's amazing to lay flat, sit upright and of course walk about with my head up so I can see where I'm going. It's now just a daily rehab routine and I just have to give myself time to recover from such an extreme surgery....dealing with pain, fatigue, lack of strength and I've got a few areas of my body that have some level of numbness. I just need to give my body time to adjust and recover.

I'll keep you updated on my progress or go check out my Instagram page. I posted a video right after surgery + a before and after pic and a video today 1 week later back at home. My Instagram is thesteelcomplex

Thanks,
AJ:)

#517438 - 07/20/17 09:26 AM Re: I'm having surgery in 7 weeks..... [Re: AJ_FUSED]
AJ_FUSED Offline
New_Member

Hi Everyone,
Had my spinal surgery last Thursday, 12 hours in total. The surgeon & his amazing team were able to get my head up and I now have titanium screws & rods in my upper spine & neck. I was released after 6 days & I'm now back home. I will be seeing my surgeon again in 6 weeks where we will discuss a lower back surgery which will correct my posture even further. It's already an amazing transformation and the second surgery is more of a tweak. It's amazing to lay flat, sit upright and of course walk about with my head up so I can see where I'm going. It's now just a daily rehab routine and I just have to give myself time to recover from such an extreme surgery....dealing with pain, fatigue, lack of strength and I've got a few areas of my body that have some level of numbness. I just need to give my body time to adjust and recover.

I'll keep you updated on my progress or go check out my Instagram page. I posted a video right after surgery + a before and after pic and a video today 1 week later back at home. My Instagram is thesteelcomplex

Thanks,
AJ:)

#517439 - 07/20/17 03:53 PM Re: I'm having surgery in 7 weeks..... [Re: AJ_FUSED]
MollyC1i Offline
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin

Loc: Brittany, France (since Nov 08...
Well done AJ. I checked yr site, amazing photographs, can see the success of the op. Congrats all round. BTW - you must post to the surgery site, with yr photos.

Keep us posted as to progress. Take care now. Hope the pain is under control.

Careful as you go -

Molly C -Keeping on,Keeping on(as we do)

#517462 - 07/29/17 10:13 AM Re: I'm having surgery in 7 weeks..... [Re: AJ_FUSED]
mig Offline

Loc: ON, Canada
Hi Anthony,

It is so good of you to write again to let us know that your surgery was such a tremendous success. I'm so happy for you!!!

I just viewed your before and after photos on Instagram - wow, that is a stunning transformation, I can't even begin to imagine how you must be feeling to have your posture restored like this.

In Alan's book about his surgery, I was so moved by his descriptions of looking in the mirror for the first time post op, what it was like to shave... his whole outlook. I can only imagine you must be experiencing a similar sense of joy.

I hope your recovery goes as quickly and smoothly as possible and that things continue to improve each day as you adjust to this huge change.

Your sheer determination and will to find a way to battle back is seriously inspiring. Thank goodness that you had such a great surgeon and team, and such a positive outcome. I hope your next surgery proves to be every bit as successful!

Thank you so much for sharing with us!
Take very good care,
mig

#517588 - 09/05/17 07:47 PM Re: I'm having surgery in 7 weeks..... [Re: AJ_FUSED]
Possi Offline
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin

Loc: Oklahoma where the wind comes...
I loved reading this thread. I am glad your surgery went so well.
How are you doing now?
When you can, would you update?

Blessings.

Possi

RUN WHEN YOU CAN,
WALK IF YOU HAVE TO,
CRAWL IF YOU MUST,
JUST NEVER EVER GIVE UP!

"A FRIEND HEARS THE SONG IN YOUR HEART AND SINGS IT TO YOU WHEN YOU CAN'T REMEMBER THE WORDS."

"A FRIEND LOOKS THROUGH YOUR BROKEN FENCE TO ADMIRE YOUR FLOWERS."

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  fyrfytr187, WendyR 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 128 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Eating once a day
by Klasa
Yesterday at 11:08 AM
Poor response to steroids
by pspondylitis
09/17/17 01:59 PM
ICES device
by j87x
09/12/17 07:06 PM
Collage type 2