Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#516269 12/19/16 11:24 PM
B
Boroboy Offline OP
Warrior_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Warrior_AS_Kicker
B
Anyone had any good results with Enbrel? Any side effects relating to it?
I'm soon to start onto Enbrel my 4th Anti TNF treatment in around 12 years. I was on Simponi, but stopped this around 3 months ago. Due to being less effective regarding pain control & due continuous sinusitis & ear problems. My sinusitis & ear issues have 100% improved now, after stopping the Simponi. It took around 2 months to do so, after my last injection. I'm now hoping Enbrel gives me less side effects & improved pain control.

Boroboy #516315 01/01/17 12:00 AM
V
Steel_AS_Kicker
Steel_AS_Kicker
V
I found that raw food diet/no starch diet is best in treating my si joint pain. I hope you feel better soon.
take care

I tried Humira and Remicade in the past but not Enbrel since they use fetal human tissues when they make Enbrel.

https://www.sott.net/article/242726-Avoid-Any-Products-Containing-Aborted-Fetal-Cells

Diet change has improved my RA. I feel best eating raw veggies and some fruits and avoiding grains, sugars, nightshades, beans and dairy. Sed rate dropped from 65 to 19, but it took over a year.
www.fatsickandnearlydead.com

excess fat/oils = pain for me
recipes for raw food on Youtube "raw food romance"
and "healing josephine" Josephine is in remission from RA after two years by change diet/exercise
Boroboy #516332 01/02/17 06:05 PM
M
mig Offline
M
Enbrel does not contain fetal human tissues. Snopes.com debunked this old rumour as False.

Since I've been fortunate in having the first biologic I tried (Remicade) continued to be effective for me, I haven't needed to try others so have no experience with Enbrel.

I hope it proves to be an effective option for you, Boroboy - best of luck!

mig
Boroboy #516362 01/05/17 11:10 AM
I had excellent results with enbrel but no other biologic, and I've tried many now. The only problem I had with enbrel was that it only lasted 3 years for me!
Good luck!

Boroboy #516464 01/19/17 11:11 PM
B
Boroboy Offline OP
Warrior_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Warrior_AS_Kicker
B
Megan,
It seems to be the case with a lot of people, that Anti Tnf treatment seems to be less effective after time.
Remicade was my first, around 12 years ago I tried that. Certainly gave be the best results, with regards to pain control.
I've now been Anti Tnf free for 5 months now. My immune system just seemed to be too low to rush into starting a new one straight away. Picking up continuous low level infections etc. I'm receiving my first Enbrel delivery tomorrow, so hopefully soon, I'll try a shot. Going to wait until my current cold clears up first. Colds seem to be common place here in the U.K at the moment, well I suppose its winter now.
Are you on biologics now?

ValsMum #516465 01/19/17 11:15 PM
B
Boroboy Offline OP
Warrior_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Warrior_AS_Kicker
B
I've tried eradication diets in the past, found that they actually made me feel worse. For me a healthy balanced diet is the best option. Although I do realise some diets seem to work well for others. It's a case of matching the best treatment for the individual.

Boroboy #516584 02/12/17 01:49 PM
F
Frederick
Unregistered
Frederick
Unregistered
F
Originally Posted By Boroboy

For me a healthy balanced diet is the best option. Although I do realise some diets seem to work well for others.

Yes I agree very much re. the balanced diet but have still to come across a case where any diet actually works as a treatment for A.S.

ValsMum #517427 07/17/17 02:37 PM
M
Active_Member
Active_Member
M
Etanercept is not expressed in any fetal cell lines. It is produced using Chinese Hamster Ovary cells, which is a common expression system (Section 11, product insert)

The whole "aborted fetal tissues" thing is kind of like a modern blood libel against anything biotech. These cell lines have been in use since the late 1960s and early 1970s. I believe there are only two lines in wide use. The whole reason these immortalized lines are used is to prevent having to harvest more such tissues in the future.

For the development of human medicines, especially as we proceed into the biotechnological era, human cell lines will be essential to research, development, and production. Some of these cell lines are old fetal-derived lines and others are old tumor-derived cell lines. If we use fetal-derived lines, people bray about that. If we use tumor-derived lines, people bray about that.

If we use neither, then we go back to the 1950s.

MikeGinnyMD #517432 07/18/17 11:47 AM
F
Frederick
Unregistered
Frederick
Unregistered
F
Originally Posted By MikeGinnyMD

If we use neither, then we go back to the 1950s.

There are unfortunately some who would be only too glad to take us back to even before the 1950s.

Boroboy #517459 07/28/17 01:51 PM
F
Frederick
Unregistered
Frederick
Unregistered
F
Sorry for "High Jacking" a posting by someone else but I could not find the Post New Thread button.

I think I may have posted in the past that my Anti-TNF(Enbrel) no longer seemed to work. Well you can take this
as a correction to any such posting. It was about four weeks today that I was in the hospital on a short five day
stay. During that time the consultant saw the infection that I have near my anus (no jokes on this one please)

As you can well imagine he was not best pleased, how long have you had this, what has been done about it,
who is sorting it out for you? You would think I had placed the damn thing there myself. I explained how it is
a long term problem (several years). How I had told his junior on the rheumatology  team and how my G.P. was looking after me with it and that I had not this time stopped my Anti-TNF as the G.P. did not have me on any antibiotics for it. The fact is that is just comes and goes even with antibiotics. It never actually clears up completely and so just returns quite soon after finishing the treatment. So you soon give up and put up etc.

So anyway he put a stop to my Anti-TNF there and then. and ordered more tests. He wants me to be seen by
a Colorectal Surgeon. The letter for this arrived the other day. I am to be seen at the Royal Shrewsbury  Hospital
on the 4th. September. I don't mind having to be seen at this clinic and the date is not too long to wait. However
it is a rather long way for me to travel. About half an hour further than the over 60 miles I have to travel to the
rheumatology clinic. Anyway I have no choice if  I want something done about the problem. The general hospital
we would normally attend for such things is in Bangor about 30 miles away. I think (hope) he knows the surgeon in Shrewsbury.

So at last I have seen the consultant rheumatologist. I was quite happy being looked after by one of the junior doctors
and have never seen this consultant in the over 10 years he has worked there. So my own fault for not asking to see
him and anyway I was more than satisfied with the way i was looked after by the junior on the team. I have checked out
anal surgery on "Doctor Google" and an annul infection is apparently a difficult thing to cure. So more fun and games to come then.  

The story for us all to learn from this never to let any sort of infection cure by itself as it will never do so. I have been off the Anti-TNF in the past for a couple of weeks or so due to some infection or other and never had much change in my A.S.

But now four weeks without it and my A.S. is just about as bad as it can get. It looks like I will have a long fight and I don't even know if the surgeon can do much for it. Last time I had a bad infection I ended up in hospital on a drip of antibiotics. I was in for five days before going home but still on antibiotics even then. But I managed my A.S. well enough. It seems my A.S. has just got worse due to a natural progression of the disease and nothing to do with Anti-TNF

Tags: None

Last edited by Frederick; 07/28/17 01:57 PM.

Moderated by  Megan, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (haydenk, 1 invisible), 125 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM