Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
AS Czar
OP Offline
AS Czar
Friends,

More bad news in our family, as Pete--DakotaDan--has passed away.

We have not been in touch for some time, but at the start of this site he and Tony B. were up late nights, coding and learning at the same time. It was a labor of love and the results have been a kind of magic that only those who have experienced it can understand.

So difficult to take this news on top of the many other things happening recently.

It was a distinct honor to get to know Pete, as he stayed with us for a while in Anza. He was always full of love and especially some mischief. Certainly always thoughtful and so proud of his family, also.

Prayers all around and

HEALTH,

John
https://www.facebook.com/cristina.a.morg...474506923867545

Last edited by DragonSlayer; 09/22/16 04:12 AM.
Silver_AS_Kicker
Silver_AS_Kicker
John,

You know I am emotional, but I had to walk outside of work, get in my truck, and ride around the block several times while I bawled my eyes out. That should say a lot about a man I never even got the chance to meet in person. Pete was a true hero to me and many, many others. As I said on FB, there wouldn't be a KickAS if it weren't for Pete, and I wouldn't be alive if it weren't for KA, so he literally saved my life. That pretty much says it all. He was a legend, and I am devastated.

Johnny

Superior_AS_Kicker
Superior_AS_Kicker
I will miss him- Enjoyed the round of Golf Pete, Dean Paul, and I played years ago.

Last edited by Smed; 09/22/16 11:42 PM.
I
Captain_AS_Kicker
Captain_AS_Kicker
I
Pete was one of the first to make me welcome at KA..
Made me feel like a friend...I will miss you Pete.

[Linked Image]
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Pete was one of the first to welcome me, it's 15 years ago now, and I learned so much from him and from this amazing creation we love, KA. I will always be grateful for Pete and that I had the opportunity to spend time with him in Toronto. It seems like yesterday. I have thought of him often these past few years and have missed him. But that's nothing to what I feel today, knowing he's no longer sharing our little blue planet.

Love and Warm Hugs to all my KA Family, and to Pete's family, and to Pete, our friend, Gentle Hugs.

Kat

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
"Strictly Ballroom"

I joined slightly too late to know Pete, but I've always felt grateful to him for his inspiration. I'm very sad to hear this especially coming so soon after losing Timo.

Wendy

Rheumatoid Arthritis
Methotrexate, Celebrex, Plaquenil
L
Imperial_AS_Kicker
Imperial_AS_Kicker
L
I am deeply saddened by the passing of one of our leaders. Because that's what he was. I found KA in the late '90's when there were maybe two hundred members. If i remember correctly. DakotaDan was the man! He was always here, replying to my posts or I to his, and I will always cherish the hours I spent on KA chatting with a lot of the old guard who helped me learn to deal with AS. Pete was a great help and inspiration for me, and I regret never getting to meet him in person. He had a great personality, which was one of the reasons I kept coming back to KA. What would DakotaDan think about this or that??

In recent years as I have not posted as much as I used to, I think when I started feeling better I drifted away, and when I did check in I didn't realize that I wasn't seeing posts from Pete. I thought he'd always be here so I wasn't worried.

My old friends here will remember that I like to encourage people by saying You Rock, and DakotaDan Rocked. Goblet raised in your honor Pete.

Linc O'Brien
M
mig Offline
M
I am so sorry to learn of this very sad news, John.

We are so fortunate that Pete had the vision to bring KA into being and for the many many years that he devoted to this place. It was his passion to bring us all together and you are so right that the result has been a kind of magic. I met Pete at a KA party over 14 yrs ago and think how quite a few from that gathering still pop on to KA all these many years later. He was so proud of KA.

With 'Gentle Hugs' to Pete.

mig
C
Iron_AS_Kicker
Iron_AS_Kicker
C
Thank you so much John!
I will write more later.
Love,
Cristina in California

Platinum_AS_Kicker
Platinum_AS_Kicker
DakotaDan was so much fun and was missed when he later wasn't around KA as much. We're all grateful for his vision in getting KA going, dedication to the site, and friendship.

This bunny Kicks AS !
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Christichka), 87 guests, and 89 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM