Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 27 of 27 1 2 25 26 27
L
L33 Offline
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
L
Greetings all,

I just came out of a medium flare(not waking up screaming with stabbing pain) and I have dull nagging ache all around my spine, I think healing pains and I feel like contacting a drug dealer in my neighbor hood so I can smoke some cannabis. I just hope my neighbors don't call the cops (lol) and more importantly I get the right flavour of Stavia, the one(s) that takes away pain and not the ones that make you more aware of the pain.....Its a gamble.

Last edited by L33; 04/28/16 06:39 PM.

HLA B27+
Have AS since the age of 13.
Diagnosed in 2005 at the age of 22

L33 #515247 06/20/16 03:27 AM
Royal_AS_kicker
Royal_AS_kicker
Glad you're on the mend. I've been making cannabis to eat and it's fire me it's much more effective than smoking.

ANA+ RF+ Rh- HLAB27+
Dx JRA 1967, GAD 1997, AS 2009, HMs 2010, CPS 2013
pulmonary edema w/ NSAIDS 2009

Movin' it so I don't lose it!

L
L33 Offline
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
L
Hi all

so I bought some cannabis quite a large amount actually. First I bought the smallest quantity I could get from my dealer so I could do a test, and lucky it was the good stuff so I bought more.

I smoked it all for 5 days flat (I work from home), with good pain relief and success. I Also made green tea with it added sugar for taste. I must say the tea was nice......@ErikaK thanks for the tip. I will consider eating it next time, do u make cookies and baked goods. I do know smoking is not the best idea seemed easy for me at the time. I have read eating it keeps u high for much much longer, I don't want to get high for long.

The strange thing is after five days of smoking cannabis, I stopped smoking cigarettes for the next five days just didn't feel like it. I did start smoking cigarettes again but not cannabis.

Cigarettes are way more additive and unhealthy than smoking cannabis strange how cigarettes are legal yet cannabis is demonised, should be the other way around.

Almost forgot to mention my parents, my brother and sister thought I was having a mid life crisis or something since I was smoking at home. My mom was a bit more cool, she said as long as it helps don't waste money.

Good luck on your experimentation.

Last edited by L33; 06/20/16 01:00 PM.

HLA B27+
Have AS since the age of 13.
Diagnosed in 2005 at the age of 22

M
New_Member
New_Member
M
Yes it comes in different strengths. First experiences of the paranoia are disturbing, but if you know what to expect, you can be prepared for it and remind yourself that you are in control and fine.

G
New_Member
New_Member
G
I smoke medical marijuana, I have a card and when I can afford it I get some. It helps a lot but once the tolerance builds I can't afford it anymore. Such a shame because it is better than NSAIDs or painkillers.

Paranoia is magnified, and anxiety attacks do happen on this stuff. Of course, I am probably having paranoia and anxiety 24/7 I just got used to it somehow. Marijuana just magnifies it sometimes, but I sure like not caring about the pain.

One of the clinics give free frozen juice cubes that I drink everyday. I don't know if it is helping but I drop a cube in my water every day secretly hoping it cures me some way or another. smile

New_Member
New_Member
Has anyone tried the hemp oil with CBD? I have read it is good for reducing inflammation. The stuff tastes awful but at this point I'm trying everything. It is a tincture you place under the tongue for 10 seconds. I cannot take the NSAID I get sick and the narcotics trigger pancreatitis (I've had hospitalizations in the past for pancreatitis and don't want this to happen again).

D
New_Member
New_Member
D
Anyone get worse on this stuff? I tried cbd and some Rick simpson oil. Both magnified pain drastically in hands. Ruined some of my joints. Other joints not much influence.

Anything i have done thats anti inflammatory makes me worse.

Rheumatoid arthritis, only responds to cefdinir. Extremely sensitive to carbs. On tramadol, meloxicam, tylenol, doxycycline, rifampin
S
S
Well, had to come back with an update. Basically, at least where I am, everyone is dropped dead on opiod overdoses and that scares the hell out me.

I have tried a few things and found the THC capsules, edibles, and vaporizers seem to be very very beneficial, however you end up stoned. So it is a hit and miss, your pain is gonna but you're kind of stoned. I found with the capsules tolerance builds quickly and then you really don't get that stoned feeling but the pain goes away.

I was told the THC is better for the pain of this disease as opposed to the CBD, but apparently they have 1:1 strains that are magical.

The only downside is that it is expensive after a while, but I would tell people to give it a try. i came back on this site after a while of feeling good to see how people are doing and anxiety just kicked in when I read about people in pain and not doing too well. If you read some of my earlier posts, it has become a night and day process.

I live between two seniors. One with RA and one with Fibro, when I first moved here I would smell marijuana a few times a day, turns out a lot of these seniors I have been bumping into use it for the pain with many of them saying that they had to go off their normal medicines for one reason or another and are better off now.

So that is my update. Some people don't like the idea of it, and some people live in places where it is not yet legal, but it's definitely worth a try.

Also it must be noted that I have a bit of IBS and had to watch what I ate a bit, and had some medication for that, and now my stomach is doing great no issues, normal stool... I just can't remain skeptical on this it just seems to work.

S
S
So this is day 10 of my of me not consuming mmj as part of my ongoing inquisitiveness to see if this works or if it is in my head. Like to do this once in a while to make sure.

So with 10 days past, I am a little stiff, a little sore, a little fatigued, lost some weight, have no appetite, and have some abdominal bleeding. Deterioration seems to be ongoing as the buildup in my system is leaving, and I have to resort to NSAIDS to balance thins out at this time.

Very interesting.

Page 27 of 27 1 2 25 26 27

Moderated by  Megan, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 99 guests, and 84 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM