Moderators:
- Tim (Dotyisle)
- Chelsea (Kiwi)
- Megan (Megan)
- Wendy (WendyR)
- John (Cheerful)
- Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.
Topic Options
#513048 - 10/24/15 02:31 PM biotoxin mold link
miniowl Offline
Journeyman_AS_Kicker

Hi All,
Not sure if this is an issue for anyone else but if you're having weird collections of symptoms as part of your autoimmunity, you might want to check into mold.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/09/03/molds-making-you-ill.aspx
http://chriskresser.com/5-things-you-should-know-about-toxic-mold-illness/

Apparently mold can trigger autoimmune issues and an inflammatory condition called CIRS (chronic inflammatory response syndrome - so basically another inflammation issue) in some genetically predisposed people. After being diagnosed with AS I kept getting more and more odd symptoms (GI discomfort after eating pretty much anything or gut pain that would wake me from my sleep, brain fog, gum infections, extreme fatigue and more)
My house was flooded in Hurricane Sandy so I know there was some water damage (therefore high likelihood of mold hiding somewhere.) I've been staying out of my house for about 25 days now and it hasn't magically made my AS go away but most of my other symptoms have either gone away or become much less. From the research I've been doing, mold seems to be more common and more serious than most people think (especially for about 25% of the population that is has trouble eliminating mold toxins from the body.) The links above help explain some of that. I hope no one has to deal with this bc it's not great in terms of what to do with your moldy house and stuff but ultimately I feel strongly that it's worth looking into if you suspect it might be an issue for you. One of the main things you have to do if you are being made sick by mold is get away from it. It was first suggested to me back in May that I look at mold as a cause of my health problems and it took me til October to actually really take any action bc I didn't want to deal with it. Now that I feel I've stopped the decline of my health though, I am sure this has been the most important thing I could do.
As a side note, I think one of the reasons that a NSD diet has been helpful, is that it also starves fungal infections in the body since fungus likes sugar and carbs.

#517641 - 09/28/17 06:13 PM Re: biotoxin mold link [Re: miniowl]
Robin_H Offline
Apprentice_AS_Kicker

Loc: Hubei, China
I was in a flood around 1994 that was caused by a flash rain storm. It overwhelmed the storm sewers and the water backed up into the basements of homes. Anything the water touched got mould on it. The house had mold ever since. Within a year I began getting sharp pains in my spine between the shoulder blades. Back then I never made a connection. Within a year I was labeled with fibromyalgia because of my complaints about my joints, muscles, anxiety, brain fog, fatigue, insomnia, sensation of burning in my body, and many other symptoms I can't remember. My mother also developed brain fog and fatigue.

In some cases the symptoms do not go away after the person has left the house because they have been colonized by the mould. We probably have it for life and can only try to suppress its numbers. Also, we need to support the detoxification pathways in our body through supplements if we have defective genes. Some of these genes are now known and can be tested for.
During age 47 (2015) from NSAID use developed complete axial inflammation (started from from skull and progressed down to sacrum). Included psoriasis. Trigger in scull was reverse blockage in a SCUBA mishap in 2013. Straw that broke the camels back was over use of NSAIDs. NSD works well but not perfect. Strong involvement between symptoms and gut integrity.

Moderator:  Megan, WendyR 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 97 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
What do you feel I really have?
by Magician
11/12/17 01:25 AM
Intense Crying (or Laughter) cures
by Robin_H
11/11/17 08:24 PM
Sport related Flare
by drone3
11/11/17 07:19 AM
Starch binge followed by antimicrobial experience
by Robin_H
11/10/17 02:23 AM
connecting tissue disorder
by jay_bharat
11/10/17 01:34 AM
Damage due to scoliosis mistaken for AS?
by Leonila
11/09/17 06:09 AM
The diet that will beat arthritis
by jay_bharat
11/08/17 10:08 PM
(Views)Popular Topics
"FITNESS" TEAM! - All Physical Activity & Sports 35,531,308
hmmm 1,814,554
Has anyone had Pedicle subtraction Osteotomy ? 1,532,031
What to do about healthcare? Can it be fixed? 1,002,049
User names revisited 865,503
Medicinal Marijuana 784,649