Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
D
Hi,

I had taken my meds as usual and ended up with a burning sensation in my stomach and it hurt sooooo much I wanted to go to the hospital. I was doubled up in pain.

I had taken pain killers but this did not seem to help.

I did go to the doctors who advised it is a side effect from my meds and gave me another script to combat the side effect..... More meds 😂

Do you have any suggestions on how to cope?

AS Czar
AS Czar

Hello, Divarose:

Myrrh.

And STOP (if taking) NSAIDs.

Epiphany: Rx MORE drugs to counter effects of drugs already taking!

NSAIDs did not cause my AS, but they made it many times worse while masking the pain; these drugs in particular are a false economy.

NSD long-term best coping method for AS & c.

HEALTH,
John

Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
at the least, its gastritis

at the most, its an ulcer

both are painful, but an ulcer can cause you to bleed internally to death

so yes, you may need to stop the nsaids....i do take an Aleve on occasion, but never for more than a day or two or three at the most at a time. The other nsaids that work are much too harsh on my stomach.

i naturally get gastritis from the spondyloarthropathy, so i have to be extra careful of what goes into my stomach. thankfully the pain warns me very early while its only gastritis. thankfully its never progressed to an ulcer. but ulcers can be very dangerous. very serious.

i had a rheumy who tried to tell me to just take more prilosec with the nsaid. that does not work for me.

i do take prilosec every day, since 1993, because the spondy gives me gastritis. I did stop the cow's milk / dairy and mostly use nut and coconut milks when i need a milk product. i even eat coconut milk yogurt. but i'm sensitive to the casein protein (the way others are sensitive to the gluten protein).

If I avoid casein, avoid too much caffeine, avoid nsaids, and take my prilosec and humira, I can keep my stomach in pretty good shape. but that's me and what i found i need to do.

if your meds are causing the side effect, you can mask the side effects with more meds as a lot of doctors try to have us do.

I agree with dragonslayer, i never take a drug to deal with another drug. Instead, like he advises, I always stop that med and find another. that's my philosophy on meds.

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (haydenk, 1 invisible), 133 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM