Moderators:
- Tim (Dotyisle)
- Chelsea (Kiwi)
- Megan (Megan)
- Wendy (WendyR)
- John (Cheerful)
- Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.
Topic Options
#511427 - 06/18/15 08:22 PM about week NSD plan
gortrou Offline
New_Member

Loc: Colonia, Uruguay
Hi, I'd like to know where I can find a week plan to start a NSD, may be somebody has written about it but I can't find it.
I think that it will not only help me, this may help my family too, to organize daily meals.

Thanks to all
Regards from Uruguay

Can't take NSAID's - allergic reaction to acetylsalicylic acid, ibuprofen, and others NSAID's

#511466 - 06/23/15 05:43 PM Re: about week NSD plan [Re: gortrou]
DragonSlayer Offline
AS Czar

Loc: Reno or SFLU Philippines
Hey, gortrou:

We have each worked out our own menus, based mostly upon Carol Sinclair's book "The IBS Low-Starch Diet."

Your region produces a lot of starch-free stuff, especially beef, olives, almonds, etc. But I would start off giving examples:

Breakfasts I used to alternate between eggs, omelets, tofu, and mixed beansprout for egg foo young. But a least a couple of days melons, grapes, raisins; just fruit for breakfast.

Snacks--always raisins and raw almonds or walnuts plus dried cranberries. Pepitas with green olives nice garnish. Cheese--feta and Kalamata olives. Almond butter on celery sticks.

Lunches--Tuna salad, ground beef with some seasoning in salad. Cesar salad, chef's salad. Spicy chicken, shredded over julienne cabbage, turkey or chicken hot dogs with sauerkraut.

Dinners--Whole salmon, hamburger patty, baked onion, shredded beef taco filling over julienne iceberg lettuce with tomatoes, onions, etc. Omelet with onions, bell peppers, black olives, and tomatoes to "replace" pizza even have used pizza sauce and extra mozzarella. Good to have smoked salmon with capers on occasion. Often I have salads for dinner with plenty of bleu cheese and olives, sometimes alfalfa sprouts and I used to make a stew from onions, bell peppers, celery, cucumbers, and tomatoes. It is cooked 'to death,' so I add alfalfa or mung bean sprouts for the 'live' food we should be getting.

Sometimes I added dark chocolate morsels to my almonds and raisins---VERY filling.

Remember to supplement aggressively and take the 5-6 EVOliveOil teaspoons daily--in addition to salad dressing.

Certainly, You will find good local variety in Your foods there, and be sure to TEST EVERYTHING with iodine!

Bon appetit,
John

Professor Ebringer: On Diet and AS;

RED ARROW --> Philippines

#511467 - 06/24/15 12:37 AM Re: about week NSD plan [Re: DragonSlayer]
Mark55 Offline

Hi Dragonslayer, thanks for this it's very helpful. I'm making a list of foods for the NSD before I start it and this helped.

You mentioned eating a bit of chocolate, what sort are you talking about?

Thanks very much,
Mark

#511469 - 06/24/15 04:21 AM Re: about week NSD plan [Re: Mark55]
DragonSlayer Offline
AS Czar

Hello, Mark55:

I never had problems with chocolate, but always ate in extreme moderation for the sugar. Although I believe DARK chocolate, semi-sweet, would be best, some places it is difficult to find. The South American chocolate has a lot of stuff like cinnamon, mint, pepper, and coffee even. Depending upon our individual status, it might not matter too much, but I would stay away from milk chocolate until after achieving remission; the stuff is still intestinal dynamite albeit not serious as fried foods!

Glad You were able to find something in post to help--it is a long road, but always remember we have been and are still traveling together.

HEALTH,
John

#511514 - 06/26/15 07:34 PM Re: about week NSD plan [Re: gortrou]
Mark55 Offline

Thanks DragonSlayer. Bit sad to hear fried food is a problem though, is this for everyone or just for some? What's the logic behind it?

I know I'm going to struggle to get enough calories(I'm naturally very thin) and was hoping fried food would be able to help me a bit.

#511515 - 06/27/15 05:37 AM Re: about week NSD plan [Re: Mark55]
DragonSlayer Offline
AS Czar

Hello, Mark:

Quote:
Thanks DragonSlayer. Bit sad to hear fried food is a problem though, is this for everyone or just for some? What's the logic behind it?

Fry oils are partially denatured and the characteristics change dramatically. A natural oil is hydrophobic, whereas heating at frying temperatures make most oils hydrophilic which causes them to no longer be a barrier to things especially bacteria, but can help deliver this bacteria directly into lesions by trapping the substrate (sometimes any food) and slowing down progression through the tract enough that food becomes putrefactive (germ productive).

I would suggest that, if You experiment with fried foods, it would be best to take a lot of extra EVOliveOil in advance. The problem with fried foods is greatly diminished when we achieve the gut healing that will also make us much more starch-tolerant.

Don't worry about Your weight; it will stabilize and then return as I found out the hard way--with the opposite problem to Yours! (LUCKY!..)

HEALTH,
John

#512088 - 08/14/15 09:37 AM Re: about week NSD plan [Re: DragonSlayer]
gortrou Offline
New_Member

Loc: Colonia, Uruguay
thanks!!! and greetings from Uruguay

Can't take NSAID's - allergic reaction to acetylsalicylic acid, ibuprofen, and others NSAID's

Moderator:  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 104 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Drug/Medicine for AS Cure - is there any hope
by ravirajhn
10/19/17 05:48 AM
Guy claims to know the cure for AS must see!
by L33
10/11/17 04:57 PM
women who have as
by connieb
10/02/17 11:43 PM
taken off biologic, help
by Winter
10/02/17 06:51 AM
Drinking diluted bleach eliminated symptoms
by Robin_H
09/30/17 09:29 PM
pain pump