Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#511233 06/05/15 04:58 AM
A
AndyJ Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Acknowledgement
---------------
I would like to first acknowledge the Holy Spirit in leading me to finding a cure to the AS condition I suffered for approx 19 yrs. I asked for healing and He showed me how to heal myself and stay that way.

Cure
----
I realise many people in the health industry hate the "cure" word, so my apologies in advance to those whom I offend. I am just using it based on the old fashioned dictionary definition: "An substance or treatment that relieves someone of the symptoms of a disease or condition".

Who am I?
---------
I am a 40 yr old male from Australia. I started suffering AS at the age of 18. The pain first affected my hips and later moved into my spine. My father had AS and for as long as I remember and had a hunched fused back. He tells of stories of the immense pain he suffered as a young adult. At the age of 35 my pain became so excruciating I could hardly sleep anymore. It was at that time I came to a point where I resolved in myself that I would either cure the condition or die. So I researched for hundreds, perhaps thousands of hours. I started putting into practice the things I learned and by the age of 37 I was completely symptom & pain free. Since then, I play soccer regularly (currently 2-3 times/week), play beach volleyball, go to the gym and enjoy the beach/outdoors. Stuff I could not do for many years. I hope some of what I learned may help others.

What is the cause of AS?
------------------------
In the majority of AS cases the problem is really Leaky Gut. A particular bacteria called Klebsiella is able to escape from the gut to the circulatory (blood) system. Once in the blood stream, an autoimmune response causes your body to create antibodies to kill this bacteria. Unfortunately AS sufferers have a tissue type (identified by the gene HLA-B27) that has a similar structure to the bacteria. So the antibodies that kill the bacteria also attack our own tissue causing inflammation and pain.

What is the solution?
----------------------
With this knowledge, health professionals have come up with a number of different solutions:
1. Eat less starches - As klebsiella feeds & multiplies on starches, by reducing them in your diet, less will enter into the blood, hence, there will be less inflammation/pain.
2. Antibiotics (and similar) - Attempt to kill the klebsiella in the gut. Unfortunately, most of these treatments also kill much of the good bacteria in the gut, are very toxic and make Leaky Gut even worse.
3. Immune suppression - there are drugs available for AS sufferers that attempt to suppress the immune system so that our bodies create less antibodies, hence, we get less pain. This leaves you with a compromised immune system and therefore much more vulnerable to other sicknesses/diseases.
4. Heal the gut - this is the approach I took. I figured if I could heal the gut, Klebsiella can't enter into the circulatory system, hence, there will be no autoimmune response, therefore no pain.

Of all of these solutions I looked into, #4 seemed like the only cure to me, the others just treated symptoms.

How do you heal the gut?
-------------------------
Most of my research I did in healing my condition was focused on healing the gut specifically. It is a massive topic. I learned a healthy diet was the key to healing Leaky Gut, but myself back then and most people are clueless to what really is healthy. The health industry is just as corrupt as the drug industry. If I explained what to do and why it would easily fill a book. So in the interest of keeping this article shorter, I will mostly explain what to do and only briefly explain "why" in a few areas.

- Drink lots of pure water (free of chlorine/fluoride)
- Replace table salt (sodium chloride) with sea or Himalayan crystal salt (containing 84+ minerals)
- Replace white sugar (with no vitamins/minerals) with raw sugar
- Eat/Drink lots of probiotics - to heal the gut and establish a healthy gut flora with at least 80% good bacteria, you must consume lots of living foods. For example: raw milk from grass fed animals, raw sauerkraut & other lacto fermented vegetables, milk/water kefir, yogurt from grass fed animals, kombucha, etc.
Note: When people have Leaky Gut, they will eventually build up allergies to many foods because no food good or bad should enter into the blood. So just consume the healthy foods you can that doesn't cause issues, once you heal your gut, you will be able to eat anything you like.
- Consume lots of bone broths of grass fed animals - this is one of the best things you can do to heal your gut
- Slow cooked meals are far healthier than fried
- Take prebiotics - ie. Raw honey, Chlorella
- Add food grade hydrogen peroxide to water between meals - it will help kill bad bacteria, oxygenate the blood and help good bacteria grow. Far safer than antibiotics.
- Eat lots of healthy fats - butter from grass fed animals, coconut oil, virgin cold pressed olive oil/macadamia oil/hemp oil/flaxseed oil avoid vegetable oils (#1 cause of heart disease)
- Replace grain fed meat with hormone free grass fed meat
Note: I've mentioned grass fed dairy/meat a few times. The reason is that grass fed has a very healthy Omega 3/6 ratio, grain fed has a very unhealthy ratio which cause inflammation in the body; the last thing you need when trying to heal your gut.
- Avoid antibiotics, it is like unleashing a nuclear weapon in your gut. It is impossible to build a strong immune system and health gut flora if you take antibiotics.
- Avoid drugs (including vaccinations) - many contain viruses, toxins, aborted baby DNA, mercury or aluminum (that eats holes in tissue). In many causes these could have been the cause of Leaky Gut in the first place.
- If you have amalgam fillings, they release lots of mercury on a daily basis. Mercury eats through tissue. Find an holistic dentist and consider having the amalgam fillings replaced with composite fillings.
# Ask yourself the question, did your symptoms start shortly after having a vaccination or a dental procedure involving amalgam fillings?
- Take products to help chelate (extract) toxins/heavy metals: diatomaceous earth, bentontie clay, zeolites, chlorella, coriander & borax.
- Consider doing water fasts as this is the quickest way to detox & heal. In the period where I was healing my condition, I did 3 water fasts between 17 & 19 days. An added bonus was that I lost 10kg (22 pounds of fat) by doing that also. I have now less than 10% body fat.

Final Note
----------
I started drinking lots of water around 9 yrs ago after finding the website (watercure.com). In that time I've had 3 mild colds and have not taken drugs once. Before that I got sick 2-3 times/year. Pure water is the top of my list of health practices. In terms of AS, water helps maintain healthy cartilage between your vertebrae, it will reduce calcification, inflammation and pain.

An added note: most cancers are caused by vaccinations. There are animal viruses or aborted baby DNA in vaccinations as they are cultured in either animal body parts or aborted babies. The baby DNA causes an autoimmune response in the body. The animal viruses infect cells and make them cancerous. If you are fully hydrated, the other cells in your body communicate efficiently and will work together passing minerals & producing hydrogen peroxide to destroy the cancer cells. If you are not fully hydrated, your cells are more concerned with staying alive, not helping other cells, hence, the cancer cells spread. It is nearly impossible to kill viruses in the blood, so the best you can do it maintain your cell health by drinking lots of water. I do believe extended water fasts is the only way to potentially kill viruses in the blood, but that is based purely on my understanding of the body, not on scientific evidence. I do not know of a study ever done in relation to this.

I do many things these days to maintain a healthy diet/lifestyle. I mostly eat organic, activate nuts before eating & eat sourdough bread/wheat products. Previously if I ate something like a pizza (containing lots of starches), I would be suffering in a lot of pain about 6 hrs later, now days I can eat what I like without pain.

Raw milk from grass fed animals is what I call the healthiest food on the planet, but I also realise western governments have a war against health, so many health products are not permitted by law. Western governments are lobbied by the drug cartel (Big Pharma), and it is in their best interest to keep you sick and dependent on their drugs.

I consider myself a free man with a free will to chose for myself, not bound by laws of a Government that are supposed to represent me, but in truth are only pursuing their own hunger for money & power.

I know a number of things I have said are controversial. Free thinkers will do their own digging and I believe will draw similar conclusions. Those indoctrinated in the system will probably oppose many things I've said. The purpose of writing this is to help those in genuine need and I have no interest in arguing with the doubters. I wish I found a post like this when I was in agony, but I didn't, it would have saved me years of pain. I hope if nothing else this post will point you in a direction you may not have considered when doing your own research.

God Bless,
Andy

Last edited by AndyJ; 06/05/15 06:22 AM.
AndyJ #511278 06/09/15 04:12 AM
D
New_Member
New_Member
D
it is similar with the "Perfect Health Diet"
http://perfecthealthdiet.com/

Last edited by davidchen; 06/09/15 04:15 AM.
AndyJ #511297 06/10/15 04:33 PM
Still, as of now there is no cure and that is a medical fact. There is no way to unfuse joints and make them supple again. I believe an individual, targeted genetic approach could be a way forward but science is not there yet.
I am glad you are feeling better and hope you continue good health.

Timo
AndyJ #511302 06/11/15 04:07 AM
M
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
M
Thank you so much for sharing. I was diagnosed in March and have been researching like crazy and have come to the same conclusion that I must treat leaky gut if I ever want to get rid of the symptoms. I've had some tests done and have a citrobacter overgrowth in my gut that I'm trying to starve out with caprylic acid and silver and I've cut all starch and sugar. I've read the GAPS book about leaky gut but I'm curious if you have any recommendations for further reading. Your success gives me lots of hope!

AndyJ #511303 06/11/15 06:34 AM
A
AndyJ Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hi Miniowl,

From my research, most people on a western diet have on average 80% bad and 20% good bacteria in their gut. A friend of mine who gets sick often got tested and had 90% bad bacteria. Most westerners have very little living foods, everything is cooked/pasteurized. A key to healing your gut & developing a strong immune system is to get this ratio to approx 80% good bacteria. To do this you can take a few approaches. If you just consume lots of living foods as mentioned above, the ratios will slowly turn. To speed up the process, you can try kill lots of the bad bacteria quickly, then focus on rebuilding good bacteria. Ways to kill the bad bacteria quickly are:
- Hydrogen Peroxide (h2o2) - probably my recommended method
- MMS (Miracle Mineral Solution) - works, but not a natural solution
- Silver - colloidal or ionic silver effectively kill bacteria, but probably will exhaust itself before it reaches your small intestine
- There are some herb extracts such as oil of oregano or olive leaf extract, but these may be too potent and even kill good bacteria
- Fasting is also pretty effective at reducing bad bacteria & healing tissue, but for those with leaky gut, you will most likely get retoxification (won't explain in detail here). So if fasting with leaky gut, you must take things to chelate toxins in your gut as you go (ie. Diatomaceous Earth, Bentonite Clay, Zeolites).

I won't advise you to take food grade h2o2 as this may cause issues with the drug industry & representatives. Many years ago, h2o2 was a common medicine for many sicknesses/diseases, but the drug industry lobbied hard to get it removed from use & replaced it with their drugs.

In my experience, before I discovered h2o2, I discovered MMS. So I took it, got every sick for a couple nights, but then my pain following that went down to about 60% (which was still a lot). I would not recommend MMS to anyone else though, once I discovered h2o2, I also tried that with similar results without getting so sick.

Like I said above, I determined in myself that I would heal the condition because I could no longer live with it. So I was prepared to try any treatment I would determine would lead to a cure. Not everything I tried would I recommend.

After an initial treatment (maybe 2 weeks) reducing bad bacteria, I would simply focus on a healthy diet to heal the gut & increase good bacteria. I think you are wasting your time if you think you can kill all of a certain type of bacteria, all you can do it reduce it. Once you build lots of good bacteria, it will keep the bad bacteria in check. A small percentage of bad bacteria is not a problem if you don't have leaky gut.

In my experience, I consumed lots of living foods for about a year and although it reduced my pain, I still had pain. The key turning point was when I changed from frying to slow cooking meat (grass fed of course) with bones and having bone broths. Within 4 weeks of adding that change to my routine, the pain totally disappeared. There are many testimonials on the web of bone broths healing leaky gut, it is possibly the best treatment known.

I have written booklets on both Health and Fasting, but I only really give it to people who are very interested. Not sure of the policy on kickas with providing contact details, but I would be happy to send it out to anyone who would like it.

Finally, in relation to the GAPS diet, to be honest, I haven't really looked into it. There are fancy names for all types of health fads/diets and I am sure some of them are probably good. I realised high fiber and raw diets (both popular health fads) probably do more harm than good. What I found however was that diet was far better hundreds/thousands of years ago than now. So I more focused on ancient ways of food preparation. There is a fairly good book called "Nourishing Traditions" by Sally Fallon that can point you in that direction. It has both info and lots of recipes. I would argue that wholemeal is not better than grain with husk removed (because of the high phytic acid content), but apart from that, I think the book is excellent.

Cheers,
Andy

Last edited by AndyJ; 06/11/15 06:39 AM.
AndyJ #511310 06/11/15 03:55 PM
S
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
S
Despite the 'cure' word your post is great and there are plenty of people who agree with you. Some questions if I may:

What is your position on starch? I can see you have dairy (which is my worst antagonist) which is interesting.
Chlorella - isn't this supposed to be bad for AS as it stimulates the immune system?
Whats your position on alcohol?
How does hydrogen peroxide promote good bacteria?
Would you take capsule probiotics?

AndyJ #511312 06/11/15 08:08 PM
A
A
Many thanks AndyJ for your advice.

A question: I was in MMS for 3 weeks but I felt better just a couple of days. What do you mean with "works, but not a natural solution", Y try 12 drops in 6 times per day.

Thank you.

AndyJ #511313 06/11/15 09:33 PM
I did find this about MMS from Science Based Medicine:

Quote:
One product in particular was called Miracle Mineral Solution (MMS), and its website claimed it cured cancer, Aids, malaria, and basically most things short of actual death.

Curious to know more about it, Rhys decided to Google it, and came across the following US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) warning:

"The product, when used as directed, produces an industrial bleach that can cause serious harm to health. The product instructs consumers to mix the 28 percent sodium chlorite solution with an acid such as citrus juice. This mixture produces chlorine dioxide, a potent bleach used for stripping textiles and industrial water treatment. High oral doses of this bleach, such as those recommended in the labeling, can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and symptoms of severe dehydration."

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2010/sep/15/miracle-mineral-solutions-mms-bleach

Quote:
MMS was originally sold by a man named Jim Humble, who claims that MMS can be used to successfully treat AIDS, hepatitis A,B and C, malaria, herpes, TB, most cancer and many more of mankind’s worse diseases. He even goes so far as to claim that 5,000,000 people have used MMS and that “hundreds of thousands” of lives have been saved. Unfortunately, it appears that for this function Jim Humble uses more concentrated MMS—a lot more concentrated. More horrifically, Humble bestows his “blessings” on poor people in Third World countries like Haiti, treating them like this:

We gotta give him just enough [industrial bleaching agent] that he don’t get sick but he’s on the edge of getting sick! So we’ve got to keep him just on the very edge and therefore it’s pretty intense for cancer, he needs to take it 4/5 times a day, small amounts instead of a big batch.

In fact, MMS is actually really nasty stuff, with some of its users suffering serious complications.

https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/bleaching-away-what-ails-you/

Timo
Timo #511314 06/11/15 11:24 PM
Platinum_AS_Kicker
Platinum_AS_Kicker
Never trust a medical product with "Miracle" in its name but this one sounds like a good cleaning product.

This bunny Kicks AS !
AndyJ #511316 06/12/15 12:54 AM
D
Master_Sergeant_AS_Kicker
Master_Sergeant_AS_Kicker
D
Hi Andy,

"The key turning point was when I changed from frying to slow cooking meat (grass fed of course) with bones and having bone broths. Within 4 weeks of adding that change to my routine, the pain totally disappeared. There are many testimonials on the web of bone broths healing leaky gut, it is possibly the best treatment known."

I was very interested in this passage.

I have been trying to move away from cooking my meat in a "George Foreman" and have been experimenting with various combinations of bone broths.

For instance, how would you cook lamb chops or a steak - is steaming them preferable to frying - or do you cook all your meats in a slow cooker?

Thanks for posting
Regards David

Dx Oct 2006 B27+ undifferentiated spondlyarthropathy (uSpA) with mild sebhorrhoeic dermatitis and mild Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) controlled by NSD since 2007.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Megan, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (haydenk, 1 invisible), 125 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM