Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
A
Hi everybody.

I think I have read just about all that has been written on the internet about using hookworm to combat autoimmune diseases. The only thing about it I can find on KickAS is the "fecal transplant and helminthic therapy" thread but its almost entirely about Fecal Transplant and not about parasites.

Has anybody here done it, or know of anybody that has done it?

-The science seems to make sense.
-It would be addressing the absolute root cause, by stopping the actual autoimmune reaction.
-It is very easy and effective to remove if it doesn't work or causes unforeseen problems.

So, I feel like the only thing to loose (other than AS symptoms) is money.

I think I'm going to try it. If so I will be documenting it as best I can. Maybe a blog or something. I'm not a big fan of being on computers too much but if this works for all autoimmune disorders across the board, and if I end up going through with it, I would do everything I could to let as many people know as possible.

Anyway, does anybody have any thoughts? I want to hear it all, even if it's just to tell me I'm an idiot and to stop posting garbage like this.

Thanks a bunch. -Scotty

A
New_Member
New_Member
A
Hello ASkeptic,

There is nothing wrong with trying different things, because we all only fail when we stop trying. However, as always, there are consequences.

Would you mind sharing a few details such as, but not limited to, root cause, which autoimmune disorder, and how exactly (clinics, medical facilities, cost, etc.) do you plan on proceeding with this endeavor?

A
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
A
Thanks for the reply. I don't know yet if I am for sure going to do it, but the prospect of it working like it is said to, is very exciting to me.

I've had AS for a little over ten years probably. Just diagnosed about one year ago.

I haven't found anybody who has done it that has AS, but many people with Crohn's and other autoimmune disorders report full remission while the hookworms are present.

Autoimmune therapies is the original company started by Jasper Lawrence. He is the one that Radiolab did the story on about 5 years ago that most people seem to be familiar with.

A
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
A
Anybody else have any thoughts on any of this? I am surprised to not find much more info on using helminths, seeing that (in theory) they could be a potential treatment for all autoimmune diseases. Getting at the root cause of the entire autoimmune epidemic our culture is having.

Has anybody heard of any serious problems or horror stories about people having bad experiences with it?

Or anybody that has had side effects that caused them to discontinue use of the helminths?

Anything at all. I would love to hear any thoughts that anybody might have.

Thanks. -Scotty

B
boz Offline
Active_Member
Active_Member
B
Any updates on this? Sounds very promising.

Norway
L
Lon Offline
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
L
10-12 years ago there was quite a discussion about this subject. There were several that had tried this or were going to try it, if memory serves me correctly.

I think this topic along with the beginnings of this site were all deleted.

let me know what you decide and how it goes.
thanks

I keep the New Covenant,
when I fail....I am pulled
back into place by HIM.
M
M
Too bad nobody tried it, I might order hookworms from wormswell,com, but don't know if they are legit, so it's a risky 200 bucks.

L
L33 Offline
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
L
Thanks for the info.....If anyone tries this treatment let us know whether it works.

HLA B27+
Have AS since the age of 13.
Diagnosed in 2005 at the age of 22

Here ya go, here's some more on this - 14 April 2016

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/04/160414145513.htm

As you will see, it is *not to infect 'with' worms per se - so one can stop shuddering ! (shudder !) :-

(snip...) "Loke also led a study, published in the journal PLOS Pathogens in 2012, which found that giving worm eggs to monkeys protected them from the simian version of IBD. Worm eggs may be able to trick the immune system into thinking it has a worm infection, and to trigger a specific kind of worm-related response that counters gut inflammation. Along the same lines, future treatments might include giving patients some form of the immune chemicals produced by immune cells in the presence of worm infection, like interleukin 13, Cadwell says. Such treatments may be acceptable to patients as long as they know they cannot possibly get worms in the process." (more...)

cat

MollyC1i - Riding OutAS
M
New_Member
New_Member
M
Here's a recent article that was posted which also mentions AS.

http://www.pamplinmedia.com/pt/9-news/302838-180108-hooked-on-hookworms-and-other-parasites

I think I'd be more open to being infected with the relatively benign hookworm than some man-made TNF or biologic drug with 100 pages of possible side-effects. Hookworm infections rarely cause serious problems, unless it is a massive infestation, and most people aren't even aware they're infected.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Megan, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM