Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Annie25 Offline OP
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
A
I've been doing NSD for 3 months and am still optimistically hoping for some results soon. Gave up dairy two weeks ago as thought that might be an issue. Typical days diet: 2 eggs in coconut oil, sautéed spinach, berries and coffee with coconut milk. Lunch is a big salad with tuna or salmon or chicken with homemade non starch dressing. Dinner is fish, organic chicken, beef with steamed broccoli or asparagus and another salad. Snacks are walnuts or blanched almonds, some raisins. on MTX and folic acid and wonder if my folic acid has starch in it? Since starting the diet, I sleep much better and don't have the energy level highs and lows I used to, just very stable, so those are perks, but really looking for pain relief. Three weeks into the diet, wrist and hand pain began and has been increasing as has foot pain. Neck pain as well. Diagnosed one year ago. Thanks - I'm so excited about joining this forum!

E
E
there are a lot of things in your diet that I'm avoiding...like any canned food (assuming tuna is canned?). I also don't seem to work well with coconut itself...so I avoided that. Please note that almonds have starch, the skin of almonds are what contain the starch.

I just came to realize recently that strawberries, and cantaloupe have very very low starch about 0.1g to 100g...

L
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
L
I would definitely iodine test you meds. I was on daily estradiol and never tested it till after being on the diet for some time. Well it turned black, full of starch. I now have it compounded starch free. It has made a huge difference.
It can be very hard to figure out your trigger foods. Irecently found out I can only do blanched almonds. Also fruits seem to be an issue for me, so I eat very little of them. Canned tuna is fine as long as it only contains water or olive oil. What is in your homemade dressing?

Hello there

Some foods on your list that have caused issues for some at times..

coconut milk, asparagus (has FOS that feeds bacteria), almonds.

If taking supplements need to read those labels.. I would also get all process food out if eating any.

Does the MTX help at all? If medications help, I would think you would see some response from diet.

Hope you can find some answers.

Tim

AS may win some battles, but I will win the war.

KONK - Keep ON Kicking
A
Annie25 Offline OP
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
A
Thank you!!! I've always tested my foods with iodine but didn't realize I could do same on my meds. I just put iodine on MTX tablet and it went black. Holy cow! How do I get this from pharmacy starch free? I eat tuna only once in a while and yes, it's in olive oil. I make the salad dressing with olive oil, salt and pepper, onion powder and fresh parsley. And sometimes add starch free mustard. I also blanch my almonds, tedious but I've grown to like them this way. My functional med suggests only two pieces of fruit/day and I usually do berries or an apple, tested with iodine first.

P
New_Member
New_Member
P
I have read that pepper has starch in it. Can anyone else chime in on this?

DX: AS- HLA-B27 positive
I used to eat pepper on my eggs in the morning and never noticed an issue that I recall.

As with all things, if in doubt, take it out of the diet for a while and see if you notice any change.

I ate too many cashews yesterday... a little stiffness this morning, but small penalty to pay for one day.. today will be diligent.

Tim

AS may win some battles, but I will win the war.

KONK - Keep ON Kicking

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (haydenk, 1 invisible), 133 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM