Moderators:
- Tim (Dotyisle)
- Chelsea (Kiwi)
- Megan (Megan)
- Wendy (WendyR)
- John (Cheerful)
- Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.
Topic Options
#506073 - 08/27/14 07:10 AM Ayurvedic treatment for AS without side effects
AmolB Offline
New_Member

Hi all,
I am Amol, residing in India and my ankylosing is three years old now. laugh
I was having tremendous pain last year and my NSAID's are like not giving me enough relief from pain. then i switched to Ayurveda treatment and it really helped me to control my pain and my regular activities.
My cousin brother is also HLA B27 +ve from last 10 yrs and suffering from fusion in neck region he recently undergone Ayurveda treatment in India and he is feeling lot more better now.
I suggest you plz try this treatment as it has no side effects at all. I did not had even a single pain reliever from last 6 months.
If you need any help you can contact me on +91 9892345012
I am not a doctor but i can surly guide you for line of treatment.

Have a great day ahed and safe winter cool

#506090 - 08/27/14 05:32 PM Re: Ayurvedic treatment for AS without side effects [Re: AmolB]
Timo Offline

Loc: BC, Canada
Lots of problems with this:

Quote:
Ayurvedic treatments are primarily dietary and herbal. As I note elsewhere, dangerous amounts of lead have been found in Ayurvedic medicines, including ghasard, a brown powder given to relieve constipation in babies, and mahayogaraj gugullu, for high blood pressure. A study of shops in the Boston area by Robert Saper et al. found high concentrations of lead, mercury, and arsenic in Ayurvedic medicine. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported 12 cases of lead poisoning in 2004 associated with Ayurvedic remedies in Texas, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, and California.

Quote:
However, if you are attracted to treatments that use superstition, incantations, amulets, spells, and mantras then, by all means, try Ayurveda. There are many schools in India that grant degrees in Ayurvedic medicine. No school grants such a degree in the United States and if you want to practice Ayurveda here you do so as a practitioner of "alternative" or complementary medicine.

1. http://www.skepdic.com/ayurvedic.html
2. 2 convicted in scam
3. Alternative Medicine Fraud

#506658 - 09/24/14 05:48 AM Re: Ayurvedic treatment for AS without side effects [Re: Timo]
AmolB Offline
New_Member

Hi Timo,
I was not at all involved in any of the superstitious activities.It was purly Panchkarma treatment, i did not even had any of the medicine.
My therapy includes oil massage followed by steam bath and Basti(i.e. medicated oil will be put in your stomach by Anus). that's it.
and ayurved is more than 5000 years old science which is proven and tested on humans not on pigs and rats so it is trust worthy if it is taken from genuine sources.
and i have seen 4 peoples benefited from this treatment out of which one is my cousin.
yes i know it cannot be cured but it will help to subside your pain by avoiding those anti inflammatory medicines.
I can assure you in Ayurveda there are no medicine which will have lead in it, all medicines are made of herbal product.

#506670 - 09/24/14 10:06 AM Re: Ayurvedic treatment for AS without side effects [Re: Timo]
AmolB Offline
New_Member

Timo,
Thank you for doing good research on Ayurveda but there could be many things associated with fraudulent news which we cannot just validate by looking at blog.
Another thing is we have thousands of side effects and life threatening accidents with allopathy medicines but still we trust them as our first solution.
Even all the medicines which we use in Ankylosing like pain killers and DMARD's are made up of sulfurs. but still we have to go with it.

The treatment which I am talking about is medicineless and harmless.

#508029 - 12/13/14 02:38 AM Re: Ayurvedic treatment for AS without side effects [Re: AmolB]
Sulekha Offline
New_Member

hello ,

Your Number is switched off. Is there any other way to contact you?

#508087 - 12/16/14 03:41 PM Re: Ayurvedic treatment for AS without side effects [Re: AmolB]
Timo Offline

Loc: BC, Canada
I just found this information:

Quote:
Practitioners of an ancient Indian health care system claim to be able to treat cancer, epilepsy, schizophrenia, psoriasis, ulcers, asthma, malaria and many other diseases. They do this by balancing invisible vital forces that cannot be seen, touched, measured, or quantified in any way. In this week’s eSkeptic, Marc Carrier discusses some of the scientific literature on Ayurveda as well as the harm that can come from the use of alternative medicine therapies. (This article appeared in Skeptic magazine 16.2 in 2011.)

http://www.skeptic.com/eskeptic/13-10-09/

#509348 - 02/14/15 12:40 PM Re: Ayurvedic treatment for AS without side effects [Re: AmolB]
arthhelp Offline
New_Member

Can you write in detail about your trearment - herbs / oils you are using etc. ?

#509367 - 02/16/15 07:06 PM Re: Ayurvedic treatment for AS without side effects [Re: AmolB]
barbydoll Offline
Lurker

I am interested in learning all about A.S.....however I did a few years ago when my son informed me he had A.S.. He immediately went on to a low starch diet and I believed it worked ....almost.
I have S.L.E. lupus so I feel a double responsibility to him). Wondering if there is a connection between the two, guessing there are because both are immune related. Good luck with this site because I have found it extremely informative over the years I have been following.

Moderator:  fyrfytr187, WendyR 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 142 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Steroid
by light
06/23/17 10:31 AM
boswellia
by light
06/22/17 04:55 PM
enthesitis
by light
06/20/17 09:01 PM
NSD not working due to hormonal changes?
by chpritz
06/19/17 03:45 PM
Lon, are you ok?
by rumble
06/17/17 11:35 PM
Funtional Medicine
by jay_bharat
06/16/17 03:12 AM
Fecal transplants
by IamGrateful
06/15/17 03:11 PM
(Views)Popular Topics