Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 27 1 2 23 24 25 26 27
E
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
E
Hey dunno if this was already asked hear but I wondering what strain is recommened for pain reduction(indica vs sativa? is the Amount of THC vs cbd a factor to consider?

haha i tried some from my buddy the other week and it made me freak out lol and actually made me more paranoid about the pain..im guessing it was a sativa strain.
so im wondering maybe weed just doesnt work for me for pain relief( never had a tolerance for it when i was younger)

love to hear your opinion

Ev

Evan
N
New_Member
New_Member
N
You would not have to worry about starch with smoking or tincture.

Oh how far we have come since this thread was started 13 years ago. I sit in California where I legally smoke and can grow if I want ( I don't) I like the sativa or the "Mexican" weed. A lot of people like the "Indica" which is the other strain out of india and it don't do a thing for me and it is supposed to be the "good stuff" They make salves out of the oils if you don't want to smoke or eat it that you can rub on your painful part. Also cancer patients use it. The pot that is helping little kids with cancer and with seizures use a strain called "Charlettes Web"It has little THC in it (The stuff that gets one high" but has a lot of Canabiloids which help the symptoms of the diseases to stop. IE no more seizures. I use medical marijuana I wait for the day when it is legal for everyone I know in some states like Kansas if they catch u with pot they may take away your pain meds cold turkey for your disease. This happened to a friend of mine there. Anyway I'm spacing out!

"those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
M
Active_Member
Active_Member
M
I find this discussion very interesting.

Did anyone here find that pot made the pain WORSE? I loved smoking it recreationally (which is why I stopped... what with being an MD with a DEA license at all), but my back would start to hurt MORE.

D
Lurker
Lurker
D
Hello. I am relatively new to my diagnosis, approximately 1.5 years. And, at first I tried to go with no meds. I researched med. marijuana and have tried vaporizing, hemp oil, cookies. I have found that one cookie at night will carry me through the night usually. I wake up without a hangover. I go to bed before I get the "high" feeling, which I don't want to experience. Also, the vaporizing works for break through pain. Some varieties more than others. The CBD type, which has been developed for more medical reasons, really seemed to help most. I tried Embrel and it helped some but could hardly wrap my head around using a drug that compromises the immune system when the disease is an auto immune disease. So, Ibuprohpen is my friend. I am hopeful that the medical world will do more research on the use of it and find strains that really work, free of harmful chemicals.

E
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
E
I have been vaping 9%cbd 4% thc from cannimed before bed...still nothing remarkable to report

Evan
E
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
E
I have the same problem with stronger weed..maybe try something higher in CBD. But yeah the pain is increased in a weird way..more like im just more aware of it. dunno if there is a difference between sativa or indica that would solve this problem

Evan
J
J
Marijuana is by far the most effective pain relief I have had and I've had a lot

A
New_Member
New_Member
A
Hi I am new to kickas. I am also new to an AS diagnosis - though I've had chronic pain and disability from it for 25 years.

I was getting almost 0 relief from a combination of celebrex, codeine+paracetamol and tramadol. The only thing that worked a bit was the celebrex. The combination mostly just made me very nauseous. For which I took maxalon (which didn't help).

I started trying cannabis at night recently and have had amazing results. It seems to almost eliminate inflammation for over 24+ hours or more. And it gets rid of nerve pain and muscle spasms for 12-24 hrs.

Now I have an appt with a rheumatologist on tuesday, and I just know he is going to want me to trial more modern treatments... maybe tnf antigens or other treatments than anti inflammatories.

My dilemma is, I think maybe the cannabis is the right treatment for me. But how do I know for sure? I don't want to go on to treatments with terrible side effects when cannabis seems to only have good side effects. (I sleep better, I wake up fresher, I feel more alert the next day). But cannabis is not yet legal for medicinal purposes where I live, so I feel kind of forced to follow medical advice, even if its not ideal.

What would you do? Stick to something that finally works? Or follow drs regimen to see if something 'legal' works just as well, and hope there are not bad side effects?

My dad thinks I should follow drs treatment, purely for the legal aspect as well as because I have been very disabled by this condition so if I ever need to go to the gov't about disability, I can't really say its managed by cannabis.

Looking for all perspectives.

Also, does anyone have any easy to understand evidence of cannabis working as an anti inflammatory and tnf antigen?

Last edited by AngH; 01/24/15 06:41 AM.
M
New_Member
New_Member
M
Keep in mind that different marijuana strains have different chemical composition...gives you different effects from the drug slightly...for example a strain that is lower in THC can be a more "mellow" high and with less paranoia...i mean this all varies from person to person and strain to strain but the bottom line is that when you probably first tried alot of things like beer or alcohol or even a soda pop flavour you maybe didnt like it...but next time your in the store you try a different kind of soda pop or alcohol and love it..also hashish and oil which are both made from marijuana have different effects as well...good luck

Matt

AS confirmed 2014- SI joints fused and some fusion in lumbar spine
B27-Positive
Meds-Humira 40mg every 2 weeks
T4 and Percocet as needed
Vimovo (naproxen) 500 mg 2xday
TENS unit used daily on flaring areas

Page 25 of 27 1 2 23 24 25 26 27

Moderated by  Megan, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 99 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,361,975 hmmm
1,319,726 OMG!!!!
709,316 PARTY TIME!