Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
New_Member
New_Member
R
Me to ... what is SCD? Been learning paleo and NSD thank heavens for pintrest. BettyRawker is great to. Thought I was on top of it but still learning..

Smiles
Bobbie
T
tux Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted By: Rebelle69
Hmmmm feeling overwhelmed. Lets hear what you all eat in a day? Where can I find a menu. Been doing no starch and no sugar but from what I just read I am eating all wrong......

sigh

ok done whinning

From what I've learned, there really isn't a "right" or "wrong" way of eating. It's all about finding what works for you. For example some people have put this disease in remission with just fruits and veggies, on the flip side there's a guy on youtube named Steven Morgan who has put this disease in remission by basically only eating meat. Obviously those two diets are complete opposite. But have the same results in different people. Like I mentioned some people can combine Fat protein and sugar and it doesn't affect their AS. But I'm learning right now that for me combining those three things are a major factor in my AS.

I don't know how long this "experiment" is going to last. But the results for me thus far are incredible. I've been able to eat things like bacon and red meat with no flare ups. Those two things would always flare me up. But that was when I was eating sugar fat and protein all throughout the day. I've become very strict with separating these things now. Once I wake up I'll fast as long as I can throughout the day to give my digestion as long of a rest as I can. Some days I can go a full day of work without eating. But anyway My first meal of the day will be fruit. I've been gorging on berries and dates. Eating until I'm satisfied. Not restricting myself. My last meal of the day will be a big meal of meats, veggies, and fat. And after that NO more sugar until the next day.

Anyway I'm feeling amazing right now eating this way. I'm not promising this will work for everybody. Because like I said everyone's different. I didn't post this thread to throw out guarantees. I posted this thread for people who are still suffering on a strict NSD, To give them something to think about and try.

Don't get discouraged, Don't give up. Keep trying different things. Find what works for you

Last edited by tux; 10/20/14 10:23 PM.
L
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
L
Me to ... what is SCD? Been learning paleo and NSD thank heavens for pintrest. BettyRawker is great to. Thought I was on top of it but still learning..
SCD is the Specific Carbohydrate Diet. Oh I almost forgot I need to do low fodmaps as well.....

Originally Posted By: lulu12
SCD is the Specific Carbohydrate Diet. Oh I almost forgot I need to do low fodmaps as well.....

Curious why you are following all these different diets.

AS may win some battles, but I will win the war.

KONK - Keep ON Kicking
L
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
L
Im beginning to wonder why as well...lets see the NSD is for the possible AS, the low fodmaps and SCD is for smallintestinal bacterial overgrowth and the Paleo is for autoimmune issues.

M
New_Member
New_Member
M
tux, thank you for sharing this very valuable information, I most certainly have the same problem as you, do not tolerate red meat and fat always throw me into a big flare.
The only solution so far (more than 1 year and a half on diet) was to avoid all red meat and fat, i even excluded fruits 2 months ago suspecting candida.
I made the same mistake I thought that 2, 3 hours after a meal is enough to eat fruits ..... and I did not understand how people like bettyrawker was able to to eat so many fruits without any negative consequence.
pain in the shoulders, collar bones and neck after eating fruits or something sweet.
You said that your last meal of the day will be a big meal of meats, veggies, and fat, what about eggs ,cheese and nuts you totally avoid them or eat them with the meat an rest ??

Are you using any any dietary supplement or drug, enzymes etc. ?

Can you eat any kind of fruits(those whit no starch ) on an empty stomach without any problems such as apples, grapes, pineapple ..?

Last edited by MORPHEUS; 10/21/14 09:38 AM.
T
tux Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted By: MORPHEUS
tux, thank you for sharing this very valuable information, I most certainly have the same problem as you, do not tolerate red meat and fat always throw me into a big flare.
The only solution so far (more than 1 year and a half on diet) was to avoid all red meat and fat, i even excluded fruits 2 months ago suspecting candida.
I made the same mistake I thought that 2, 3 hours after a meal is enough to eat fruits ..... and I did not understand how people like bettyrawker was able to to eat so many fruits without any negative consequence.
pain in the shoulders, collar bones and neck after eating fruits or something sweet.
You said that your last meal of the day will be a big meal of meats, veggies, and fat, what about eggs ,cheese and nuts you totally avoid them or eat them with the meat an rest ??

Are you using any any dietary supplement or drug, enzymes etc. ?

Can you eat any kind of fruits(those whit no starch ) on an empty stomach without any problems such as apples, grapes, pineapple ..?

At this point I'm not doing eggs or cheese, or dairy in general. I do eat nuts on occasion. But very few. If I eat to many I get achy. At this point my diet is very simple. It's so nice to be 95% pain free right now. So I'm not rushing to add in more things at this point.

When it comes to fruit, I'm only eating berries, Dates, and cherries. The reason those three in particular is because I'm 100% sure they don't affect me. There completely safe for me. I've had trouble with other fruits, watermelon, plums, honeydew, amongst others have all put me in a flare. At this point it's just not worth it for me. Dates, berries, and cherries completely satisfy my sweet tooth. So there's really no reason for me to branch out this point.

As for what I'm taking. Absolutely nothing. No enzymes, no pain meds, no vitamins. I dunnno I just don't trust anything in a bottle. But that's just my personal preference. The only thing I "take" if you will Is a spoonful of natural organic sauerkraut every night.

Also I can't stress enough intermittent fasting. On the days where I can fast 18-20 hours after my big meal the night before are the days I feel best. When I get home at 5:00 I can eat like a pound of dates with absolutely no reaction. But if I were to even eat 2 dates after a heavy meal of meat and fat. I would wake up in agony. It almost sounds to crazy to be true. But is so amazing to be able to sit down and enjoy, almost gorge on foods I love. I was sick of only having "one" date. Or "one" piece of bacon. With the way I'm eating now I can enjoy these things in bulk without feeling bad. It's pretty incredible.

AS Czar
AS Czar
Hi, lulu12:

NSD more than adequately covers all of the above: Kick the starch (and caramel, other additives) and that should be enough. The SIBO is due to overconsumption of starches, allowing Kp colonies to establish much earlier in the digestive tract than they should. AS is the only autoimmune condition, in all probability, You have: AS shouts "MY NAME IS LEGION, FOR WE ARE MANY," because there are so many confusing symptoms of this disease. Kick AS and all else will follow.

HEALTH and all other blessings will follow,
John

AS Czar
AS Czar
Thank You, tux:

Great testimony and important information!

HEALTH,
John

Z
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Z
Like you I can eat fruits and juices all day until that one oily or fatty food.

Yep, I have issues when combining sweet foods with ay food that has even modest amounts of fat. My head spins, I get brain fog, can't concentrate, tired.. It never made my AS worse (even before going in to remission), but it would give me proctitis (itchy bum). So yep I would say sugar + fat = pro inflammatory.

what I can eat on the diet (click here) -- my blog -- contact me (PM is broken)
"Some men, in truth, live that they may eat, as the irrational creatures, 'whose life is their belly, and nothing else.' But the Instructor enjoins us to eat that we may live." -- Clement of Alexandria (about 200 AD)
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 99 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,361,975 hmmm
1,319,726 OMG!!!!
709,316 PARTY TIME!