Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
crossing fingers for continued good results! cheerleader

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
J
New_Member
New_Member
J
I have been on cimzia for awhile now, I like it. My doctor switched me to it after my insurance changed, and would no longer cover simponi. I was pretty upset about that because Simponi worked great for me. However, cimzia is working great. My flare ups are down to one in every few months. So that is good for me.

B
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
B
I've started cimzia. I will take my second loading dose Monday. I was in a terrible flare prior to starting with in 2 days of taking the first loading dose the pain was gone. But it seems that is wearing off during the last 3 days or so. I. Hoping it will last longer as I i continue treatment.

rumble Offline OP
Supreme_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Supreme_AS_Kicker
Good luck, Bax. Hope it works well for you.

DX: Psoriatic Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Psoriasis
Meds: MTX since Oct 2009, 15mg/week. Cimzia-restarted after 2 yrs away.
Epidural Steroid Injections x8; Lumbar Radiofreq Ablation x2
SIJ Steroid Injection x3; Bilateral Radiofreq Ablation SIJ x9
J
New_Member
New_Member
J
Originally Posted By: Bax1
I've started cimzia. I will take my second loading dose Monday. I was in a terrible flare prior to starting with in 2 days of taking the first loading dose the pain was gone. But it seems that is wearing off during the last 3 days or so. I. Hoping it will last longer as I i continue treatment.

It was the same for me. During the initial loading doses, it would work great for a few days,then start wearing off. For me,nthe medicine still starts to wear off around the end of the second week for me, which is fine because it usually fall right on the date for my next injection.

I've been one it for over a year now, and I ampleased. I truly hope it continues to help you. Let us know if we can help.

rumble Offline OP
Supreme_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Supreme_AS_Kicker
To update the thread----It's now been a year on Cimzia for PsA. So far, so good. Had a huge flare in late August (around 9 months of treatment) that required me to go on steroids for a time, and thought this was the point it was going to stop working for me. But it rebounded after the flare, which lasted around 6 weeks. I've gotten back to the baseline I had before the flare. We'll see how this does for the long haul. It's uncharted territory for me as I've never made it past 9 months on a biologic before. Makes me wonder if I was always flaring at 9 months and it only SEEMED like the med had stopped working? Not much hope in finding out what the truth is there, though if this one quits sometime, I wouldn't mind going back to Enbrel (twice-weekly dosing) as it was the one that worked best of the ones I have previously tried. Going from two shots once a month to one shot twice a week would be a big change, but not a deal-breaker. For those on Cimzia, hope it is working well for you. smile

M
Active_Member
Active_Member
M
I've been on Cimzia for 8mo for AS with peripheral symptoms and a really nasty enthesitis in my hip.

I tried going to monthly dosing and those last ten days were just awful. Now I do every two weeks unless necessary to double-dose for travel and it gets bad around 5 days before I'm due. At least it's working better than the Enbrel, which stopped working altogether.

rumble Offline OP
Supreme_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Supreme_AS_Kicker
Sorry you are having trouble with it. Maybe it's just a huge flare and things will get better soon? Hope you get better. Gentle hugs.

M
Active_Member
Active_Member
M
Well, I seem to be doing better now. I'm back to monthly CIMZIA without a problem.

Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
I gave Cimzia two months, but it did not work for me. Instead, it would make me feel totally exhausted for two days after the shot. Then 2nd shot, I woke up with a terrible sinus infection the next day. It took an entire month to get the sinus infection cleared up, and I felt even worse after giving this drug a try. I'm switching back to LDN. It wasn't perfect, but at least I could function!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Megan, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (haydenk), 62 guests, and 84 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM