Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#506402 09/14/14 02:46 AM
R
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
R
I would like know your favorite place to eat out and your favorite dish there. I am doing the no starch diet and trying to learn the ins and outs.
I find myself eating a lot of omlettes, salads and meat.

Smiles
Bobbie
I
Titanium_AS_Kicker
Titanium_AS_Kicker
I
I like the Woodthorpe Tandoori..........loads of gee-chips-Nan Bread. sauce and rice................I advise you not to follow my diet.............although it is lovely..............oh and a pint of beer........

Alan, you are terrible! tongue4 What a tease! Your diet does sound lovely though. If only there was starch free Naan bread.

When I'm actually sticking to the NSD, in restaurants I usually stick to salads with fish or chicken. Or meat dishes and I ask them to add extra veg in place of the potato/rice.

R
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
R
Smiles naan bread ......any bread. I have noticed you dont miss potato's and rice as much as I miss the bread. The smell of baking bread .......
Beer teqilla wine .........water hmmmmmm smiles
I tell myself suck it up and find something you can have

Smiles
Bobbie
I
Titanium_AS_Kicker
Titanium_AS_Kicker
I
well my other favourite is Frankie and bennys............massive white bread burgers oh and loads of errrr..........oh yes....................chips

and when Megan is with me she eats more of I than me oh and the beer she can drink...............don't listen to her salad tales.............haaaa

AS Czar
AS Czar
Hello, Bobbie:

Yeah, South Indian food is in fact (and it's a fact), KING! I went out of my way in Bangalore to eat at Mivali Tiffin Room, birthplace of the masala dosa.

That was well before NSD helped provide the total remission I eventually needed, but I did interrupt NSD during a trip to great Indian restaurant that was followed up by antibiotics then fasting. Think I had worse temporary effects from the antibiotics than I would have from the starch! But proved that it can be done.

On topic:
In a pinch, follow Jared Fogle to Subway for tuna chop salad.
Or Denny's has some very good salads--prime rib, etc. I would test the bleu cheese dressing with iodine, however, as the ingredients could vary (some places ignorantly use corn starch or other flour product as thickener).

Regret my favorite place is Country Gourmet in Sunnyvale CA that offers, somehow, a perfect salad, the starch contamination can be easily removed (gratuitous corn chips and a few beans): Their "Mexican Salad" probably accounts for the majority of their business. Same city has best restaurant and shares part of name: The Armenian Gourmet--the salad there is quite safe with Kalamata olives and feta cheese in abundance and in exacting proportion. Good thing I do not live there anymore...but I miss that place and especially Aram and Florence, the owners.

Bon Appetit

John

Wouldn't be a proper Canadian if I wasn't a beer drinker! Alan, you're making me look like a pig. I only had three burgers and chips. smile

I
Titanium_AS_Kicker
Titanium_AS_Kicker
I
blush

3 megan..................as if

lol

Once I was comfortable with diet.. never had much problems if I did following:

- any grilled meat with no sauce
- salad or grilled veggies.. again no sauces and ask for olive oil
- water

I recall dieter posters here stating sometimes they take olive oil with them... do not always encounter it at restaurants.

I am not big on eating out (especially in States)... but understand for family or work sometimes needed.

Eating out in Argentina is easier... much healthier food choices in restaurants here.

Tim

AS may win some battles, but I will win the war.

KONK - Keep ON Kicking

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (haydenk, 1 invisible), 133 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM