Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#504957 07/11/14 06:03 AM
T
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
T
NSD 3 months later, blood tests showed my uric acid is 570, normal values for the 180~440. my query to the exclusion of carbohydrates can help promote uric acid in vitro and to stop meat and seafood, do you have any suggestions? Thank you.

Active_Member
Active_Member
I take 100 mg of zyloprim ( allopurinol) daily. It takes a couple of months to kick in. it controls uric acid and my father and I have taken it for most of our adult lives with no noticeable side effects ,Ron.

Magical_AS_Kicker
Magical_AS_Kicker
I am not personally familiar with uric acid being an issue for me, but I wanted to comment that I do not consider this a low carb diet. I still eat large amounts of cherries, blueberries, strawberries, dried figs and dates, raisins, no sugar added cranberries, honey, maple syrup, lemons and limes, grapefruit, ripe in season fruits like pears, melons, peaches, pineapple, nectarines, plums, grapes, apples, fresh beet and carrot juice..... so I still get lots of carbs, and I don't eat that much meat or seafood, only 2 small portions a week. I also eat tons of fresh veggies, and use almond flour for baking treats. I find the fresh fruits very cleansing and energizing for my system, I also eat my fruits alone and never with meat or high fats, for proper digestion, and zero tummy aches or candida symptoms.

A quick search on uric acid, I found this article, it suggests adding cherries and berries to your diet. http://m.timesofindia.com/15-dos-and-don...ow/19629910.cms

Here is another list promoting fresh fruits and veggies for this http://www.webmd.com/arthritis/tc/diet-and-gout-topic-overview

And there are some on here who have reported issues with uric acid, so hopefully they will comment too.

Anyhow, consider me the fresh fruits and very police, I am here to remind everyone to eat them. I have seen a handful of people on here cut out all fruits and natural sugars, but most people I know eating this way for control of AS symptons do not. Maybe you can try starting each day with some fresh fruits along with cherry juice, for optimal digestion of the natural sugars on an empty stomach?

And it looks like another popular option for high uric acid is to drink some Apple cider vinegar each day. This could be a great choice if you are avoiding fruits for any reason. http://goutandyou.com/gout-and-apple-cider-vinegar/

Last edited by bettyrawker; 07/11/14 12:19 PM.

I'm now a KICK AS (and Kick IBD) success story!! After going low starch Paleo to heal my gut, I can now eat nearly all starches, grains & foods without inflammation, flare-ups, or pain. I used a modified SCD diet approach (minus dairy! plus cacao ♥). Cheers to healing & thriving again! I blog at http://www.forestandfauna.com/about/
T
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
T
Thank you

Z
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Z
I'm not really high protein on this diet, so I guess that is why I haven't had an issue. I focus more on veg, nuts, fruit.. and moderate amounts of meat.

Alkaline renal load
Looks to me, after a quick look on earthclinic, like you will want to create a more alkaline renal load. This is not necessarily the same as eating alkaline foods - for example, fruits which are acidic nonetheless create an alkaline renal load.

Eaerhclinic
Check out what people are using here:
http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/gout.html#popular
They agree with Andrea - using ACV is a great way to get rid of the acidic wastes.
Another thing to try would be mixing a teaspoon of bicarb (baking soda) in a cup full of water first thing early in the morning upon waking. Make sure your tummy is empty and remains empty of other foods or juice for about 30mins after drinking this (food or stomach acid will react with bicarb and nullify any benefit). You should know when it hits your system, I find it very relaxing. Also great for easing tense muscles, prostate issues, rhinitis, brain fog...

what I can eat on the diet (click here) -- my blog -- contact me (PM is broken)
"Some men, in truth, live that they may eat, as the irrational creatures, 'whose life is their belly, and nothing else.' But the Instructor enjoins us to eat that we may live." -- Clement of Alexandria (about 200 AD)
AS Czar
AS Czar
Hello, TheWillToBe:

Regret I developed gout, despite not allowing my NSD to get too carried away, meat-wise. There are other factors that force things over to acid-side and even precipitation of the uric acid.

It is very important to get enough vegetables, but stopping meat and seafood might not help enough; as Zark has suggested, working on the acid/alkali balance is important using diet and especially enough exercise.

I eat tofu to augment meats I like, but at times had trouble with red meat (hamburger patties) then followed by salmon--that is the combination that did me in, so I have avoided salmon and increased my selenium or calcium supplementation in addition to eating more vegetables.

Hope You can stay well enough away of the uric acid concentrations that produce gout, but always remember to exercise regularly to keep stuff moving.

HEALTH,
John

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (haydenk, 1 invisible), 125 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM