Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#501173 03/06/14 04:41 AM
T
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
T
I'm confused with the no starch veggies... Can someone please list safe veggies for those with stage 4 klebsiella?

Also, are zucchini, yellow summer zucchini, sunflower seeds butter, pumpkin seeds, avocado, Cauliflower, rutabaga, turnips, haricots verts, Brussel sprouts, and cabbage safe for nsd?

Thanks so much... Really struggling with my gut, joint/muscle pain severely and need help with my diet asap

T
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
T
Also, if cabbage contains starch, do we avoid raw Kraut, or does the fermenting process negate the starch?

T
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
T
Anyone?

[quote=TeenyBee]I'm confused with the no starch veggies... Can someone please list safe veggies for those with stage 4 klebsiella?

Also, are zucchini, yellow summer zucchini, sunflower seeds butter, pumpkin seeds, avocado, Cauliflower, rutabaga, turnips, haricots verts, Brussel sprouts, and cabbage safe for nsd?/quote]

From your list with my personal experience>

Safe > zucchini, yellow summer zucchini, turnips, Brussel sprouts, and cabbage.

Cause me to flare > sunflower seeds, avocado, cauliflower

Never tried > rutabaga, haricut verts

Other SAFE veggies for me > Arugula, lettuce, beets, carrots, peppers (green, red, yellow), tomatoes, broccoli, collard greens, dandelion greens, bean sprouts, red cabbage, spinach, kale.

There are more that I am missing probably...

Best to you,

Tim

AS may win some battles, but I will win the war.

KONK - Keep ON Kicking
Originally Posted By: TeenyBee
Anyone?

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

Ferris Bueller

Couldn't resist... reminded me of this classic movie scene.

KONK - Keep ON Kicking
Black_Belt_AS_Kicker
Black_Belt_AS_Kicker
All the things on your list can have starch- it depends on the batch and when they were picked. You will want to test a small sample with iodine to know for certain... the same with a batch of sauerkraut.

The only things I eat from your list are avocados and pumpkin seeds.

I have heard that avocadoes are sometimes exposed to chemicals in the store to ripen them quickly, so I always buy them hard and then let them ripen slowly on my counter. I have never had a problem with avocadoes when I do this.

Pumpkin seeds can be starchy- it depends on the batch.
These two nut butters have gone both ways (sometimes starchy, sometimes not):
http://www.swansonvitamins.com/jarrow-fo...6C15C=652163307

http://www.rejuvenative.com/products/Pumpkin-Seed-Butter.html

So far, I have never had a problem with these: http://shop.hempspread.com/Raw-Pumpkin-Seed-Butter-2507.htm

http://shop.hempspread.com/Oregon-Pumpkin-Seeds-5lb-Oregon-Pumpkin-Seeds-5lb.htm

I am wondering if it is because they are from Oregon and heirloom. For whatever reason, they have not had any starch.

If you need some starch free ideas, you can check out my list below. All of these things do not generally have starch, but always check the ingredients and use iodine.

My yum: celery/avocado/spinach/kale/arugula/chard/lettuce/kombu/nori/all microgreens(but I avoid sprouts)/all meats/bone broths/all fish/eggs/ oils: hazelnut oil/coconut oil /pecan oil /olive oil/walnut oil/pecan oil/pumpkin oil/avocado oil /ghee/nut butters: hazelnut/brazil nut/skinless marcona almond/tahini/coconut flour/coconut kefir/homemade 72 hour goats milk yogurt/umeboshi paste/thyme/grey sea salt/Garlic infused oils/
Fruit: berries, cherries, plums, nectarines, peaches
T
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
T
Thanks light

May I ask if u could be so kind as to post a sample of ur daily diet, like a log of the foods/amounts u eat u for a typical breakfast, lunch, dinner snacks? I'd love to see how u construct your diet... I'm so lost with this and feel like I'm doing it totally wrong. Seeing a sample would be incredibly helpful

Regarding the iodine, it seems like a lot of food would be wasted... Like, if u bought your groceries and tested them and it turns out half the things were starchy, that's a lot of wasted food. So, what do u do in this situation?

Interesting abt the avo... So u buy haas avos green and wait for the to ripen on the counter? How long does this take? I usually buy them with a smidge of give and let them ripen more in the fridge, but I seem to get a histamine rxn from them

Master_AS_Kicker
Master_AS_Kicker
I haven't had much any problems with green beans, broccoli, zucchini, asparagus, lettuce, or yellow squash. The only root crops I trust are onions and carrots, in moderate amounts. Cauliflower has been okay in small amounts, which is also true of pumpkin seeds and cabbage.

My bigger concerns have been what I put on these. Many spices include starches as anti-clumping agents.

AS symptoms started 1991. Official dx in 2006 with HLA-B27+, fused SIJ, bone spurs in back, extreme rib/hip pain, and other family with SpA. Started Enbrel in 2006 with good results, but stopped in 2010 due to nerve damage (MS) from it. Getting good results with no-starch diet since 2011.
I love sauerkraut for the beneficial bacteria.

Tim

KONK - Keep ON Kicking
T
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
T
Would u guys be so kind as to post what ur typical daily diet looks like? It would really help me conceptualize this

Also, does anyone react to foods high in histamine? Anyone avoiding fruit bc of candida?

Do u guys do squashes?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 64 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM