Moderators:
- Tim (Dotyisle)
- Chelsea (Kiwi)
- Megan (Megan)
- Wendy (WendyR)
- John (Cheerful)
- Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#407415 - 08/10/10 10:23 PM Re: Welcome [Re: staffylover]
staffylover Offline
Apprentice_AS_Kicker

Loc: South Australia
Ive been a member for a couple of weeks now and want to know how to earn "stripes"
I was a lurker, new member and now a member!
I dont think I qualify to be a as_kicker but maybe a toid kicker?

We were marching as one on the road to the holy grail
-Hunters and Collectors

#407417 - 08/10/10 10:33 PM Re: Welcome [Re: staffylover]
WendyR Offline

Loc: BC, Canada
Hi Staffylover

Your "title" is based on the number of posts you make. If you look under FAQ you can find out what these titles are about. If I remember correctly, you graduate from lurker to new member on your third post.

Rheumatoid Arthritis
Methotrexate, Celebrex, Plaquenil

#407447 - 08/11/10 01:39 AM Re: Welcome [Re: WendyR]
staffylover Offline
Apprentice_AS_Kicker

Loc: South Australia
Cheers for that Wendy smile

We were marching as one on the road to the holy grail
-Hunters and Collectors

#439218 - 04/11/11 07:30 PM Re: Welcome [Re: DragonSlayer]
Annalbrich Offline
New_Member

Loc: Portland Oregon USA
Hello,
I am not certain how to generate my own posting. I can make sense of the shout box, but am not able to see where on my screen to start commenting.... Thanks for any help. I appreciate it !

#439280 - 04/12/11 08:44 AM Re: Welcome [Re: Annalbrich]
WendyR Offline

Loc: BC, Canada
Welcome Annalbrich,

Are you still having any difficulty? I'm happy to help if you are - just let me know what you need help with. I can see from your post above that you have managed to post a message.

If you want to start your own thread, click on the words "New Topic" at the top left of the forum page.

Rheumatoid Arthritis
Methotrexate, Celebrex, Plaquenil

#440676 - 04/20/11 10:53 PM Re: Welcome [Re: DragonSlayer]
Michelle70605 Offline
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin

Loc: Louisiana
This is great, John...a wonderful addition for the members of our community that suffer the wrath of Rheumatoid Arthritis, very nice!!
Age 17-Psoriasis
Age 32-Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
Age 33-Sacroilitis
Age 35-Interstitial Cystitis
Age 40-AS
Age 44-Fibro
Age 44-PsA
Age 45-MS
Age 46-Sjogrens
Age 46-Raynauds
Age 47-PF

#468192 - 04/25/12 08:09 AM Re: Welcome [Re: DragonSlayer]
welda55 Offline
New_Member

Loc: Manchester,NH,USA
To any and all....I'm new here but thought I'd add that my GP had used an antibiotic regimen on me several times with good success,sending me into remission for months at a time. My rheumy Dr doesn't agree that it works and has me on Humira and Voltaren but I would like to try the antibiotic again,that's how well it worked for me.
Okay,maybe this is where you talk about yourself....I've had AS for 40+ yrs. My father and older brother too. I have acute Uveitis. I take Humira once a week and Votaren XR 100mg 1x daily. I've had flares off and on again all my life,but in 2009 the Uveitis kicked in and my AS went thru the roof.....today,it's not as bad,but I still have some bad days.I focus on life and laughter and honestly wake up with a song in my heart and a smile on my face everyday

#496794 - 10/30/13 04:26 PM Re: Welcome [Re: DragonSlayer]
Meagain Offline
New_Member

Loc: Australia
I was a member of Kickas several years ago, and then my diagnosis changed after visiting a rheumy, then it changed again, and again.

After moving from Sydney to Canberra I ended up with a new rheumotologist who diagnosed me with MCTD and that I could either go with Lupus or RA. I am not allowed to use Sulfasalazine by order of the rheumy, but that is another story to tell, because by chance when I used it my tongue began to go all tingly. So, it was a course of Plaquenil until the rheumy's resident checked me out and it was decided that I was "early" RA.

Then we moved again, this time to the Central Coast of NSW. It was off to another rheumy and oh boy, he was terrible. Without so much as an examination he claimed that the rheumy I saw in Canberra was wrong and that my problem was fibromyalgia (big fail). He reduced my dose of methotrexate and took me off Plaquenil. Well guess what the RA indicator that was damping down, that is the RF began to rise again. I am not dumb and do understand how these things work. After the third visit, I got to the point of having had enough. When I saw my doctor and he gave me an idea of the contents of the letter sent to him, I exploded and called the rheumy certain names not to be repeated here. I had been angry since last December over the way that he had treated me, and his abuse because I would not take the higher dose of Endep as he insisted. That medication is zombie medication in my view. Then I was sent to another doctor who is now seeing patients in the same region.

Now I am back to being in the RA category, based upon his examination of me in that first appointment. He had sufficient serological data to be able to determine a diagnosis. On top of that he knows my previous rheumy in Canberra. I am happy.

I have to wait and see how I respond to an increase in my medication again. I have 6 months in which to improve before being put on the list to receive biologic treatment.

In the meantime I really do think that some fibromyalgia has begun to kick in.

Over the years, especially after I fractured my coccyx for a second time I have found that my pelvic region is very sore. The allergy to wooden seats continues, and there was a twist. For at least the last 2-3 years I have had trouble getting up from low furniture. I am trying to strengthen my legs and hips so that I can manage again but we shall see what happens next.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  WendyR 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Perimenopausal RA--my wife's recent experiences
by DragonSlayer
06/25/17 04:10 PM
Steroid
by light
06/23/17 10:31 AM
boswellia
by light
06/22/17 04:55 PM
enthesitis
by light
06/20/17 09:01 PM
NSD not working due to hormonal changes?
by chpritz
06/19/17 03:45 PM
Lon, are you ok?
by rumble
06/17/17 11:35 PM
Funtional Medicine
by jay_bharat
06/16/17 03:12 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
"FITNESS" TEAM! - All Physical Activity & Sports 32,124,715
hmmm 1,621,520
Has anyone had Pedicle subtraction Osteotomy ? 1,393,411