Moderators:
- Tim (Dotyisle)
- Chelsea (Kiwi)
- Megan (Megan)
- Wendy (WendyR)
- John (Cheerful)
- Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#485262 - 03/12/13 11:23 AM Re: GOOD DAYS, What do you do ? [Re: BeckyJ]
stevec Offline
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin

Loc: Millstone NJ
Congratulations on the good day. I hope you started a trend of many good days. If I have a day that is particualrly good I try to spend some extra time with my daughters or wife doing something active"ish" that will bring a smile to their faces. Right now that might be tossing about a lacrosse ball with the girls.

Edited by stevec (03/12/13 11:24 AM)

L-R: Julianna, Jamie, Diane and Tonimarie

stevec-they also serve who stand and wait

#485299 - 03/13/13 12:09 AM Re: GOOD DAYS, What do you do ? [Re: BeckyJ]
rumble Offline
Supreme_AS_Kicker

Loc: NE Oklahoma
Even if it was 'good', it didn't last. Next day sucked, pain-wise. But visit with mom was good, even with the pain. And hubby drove all of it! Working more OT this week and hating it. Can't really get out of it, though. For my mom, today was the second anniversary of her husband dying. She's doing much better this year than last. Last year, she was in hospital with a couple of TIAs. She spent today volunteering at her hospital and helping out with her church library. Much more positive. And 'good!'
SIJ Steroid Injection x3; Bilateral Radiofreq Ablation SIJ x9

#485306 - 03/13/13 04:23 AM Re: GOOD DAYS, What do you do ? [Re: BeckyJ]
Possi Offline
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin

Loc: Oklahoma where the wind comes...
Good News! It had to have been a good day to see her progress. :o) I am sorry for your pain. Some things are just worth it though.

Hugs

Edited by Possi (03/13/13 04:23 AM)
Edit Reason: spelling

Possi

RUN WHEN YOU CAN,
WALK IF YOU HAVE TO,
CRAWL IF YOU MUST,
JUST NEVER EVER GIVE UP!

"A FRIEND HEARS THE SONG IN YOUR HEART AND SINGS IT TO YOU WHEN YOU CAN'T REMEMBER THE WORDS."

"A FRIEND LOOKS THROUGH YOUR BROKEN FENCE TO ADMIRE YOUR FLOWERS."

#485424 - 03/15/13 09:20 AM Re: GOOD DAYS, What do you do ? [Re: BeckyJ]
BeckyJ Offline
Journeyman_AS_Kicker

Loc: mo
Sue,
Oh man, we went on a trip ( we all know how that goes ), it rained, which didn't help. The night we got home I couldn't sleep, then drove to my parents' house to see my first niece ( awesome ). It was total hell, I was in so much pain that my much younger brother's wife caressed my hair and reassured me that I would get to a point of pain relief ( two days of vomit inducing pain with my family.. stressful ), but they were good days for the simple fact that at night when I was begging for death's kindness, the baby wouldn't sleep, so I would hobble my bottom down stairs, get the baby ( wow that was hard ) and snuggle, and play with the little toot. Tho, it sounds like I am not saying these were good days, they were. Compassion goes a long way, and I had a baby in my arms, and a very understanding mother who was encouraging me to use alternative pain relief management, and I live at the buckle of the bible belt ! So, bad days even have their good points, sometimes it just take a few days to see the good in day.. smile

#485425 - 03/15/13 09:25 AM Re: GOOD DAYS, What do you do ? [Re: BeckyJ]
BeckyJ Offline
Journeyman_AS_Kicker

Stevec,

I am so glad that you have good days and spend them with your family , it shows that you are teaching your kids what is truly important... them... My husband always says that I have to teach our children to fight, and I can fight better than most, but when the pain is constantly overwhelming , it's hard .. I think that maybe, just fighting the pain one day at a time makes each of those days a good day just for the fact that you put up a GOOD fight.

#485428 - 03/15/13 10:09 AM Re: GOOD DAYS, What do you do ? [Re: BeckyJ]
Stu Offline

Loc: Halifax, England
When I have no pains at all in my hips which is rare, I just go out for a run to enjoy it, even if it means I'll flare up later that day.

I live near lots of open fields, there's nothing like a run on a cold/warm rainy day.

Sometimes I'll go see family I haven't seen in years, there're a few new babies floating around. Or sometimes I'll just buy a ticket to london and go have a good time. 5 hour trip, but it's worth it I think. You get to talk to all sorts of people from all over the world.

#485438 - 03/15/13 11:56 AM Re: GOOD DAYS, What do you do ? [Re: BeckyJ]
Possi Offline
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin

You are right Becky. Sometimes we can't see the trees for the forest but there are good days.

Yesterday was a very good day for me. I just walked around the yard and wished I could pull weeds. :o) Our daughter did it and asked me continuously if it was a weed or a flower so I was involved. She brought steaks to put on the grill and we ran out of gas so I finished them inside on the George Foreman. We enjoyed her jokes and laughter and the steaks and just being outside in the almost 80 degree weather.

Today my pain is barely tolerable but I am basking in memories of yesterday (and getting ready to eat some more of my piece of steak) :o)

I wish you many more good days.

Possi

RUN WHEN YOU CAN,
WALK IF YOU HAVE TO,
CRAWL IF YOU MUST,
JUST NEVER EVER GIVE UP!

"A FRIEND HEARS THE SONG IN YOUR HEART AND SINGS IT TO YOU WHEN YOU CAN'T REMEMBER THE WORDS."

#485439 - 03/15/13 12:01 PM Re: GOOD DAYS, What do you do ? [Re: BeckyJ]
Possi Offline
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin

Right Becky.Our daughter who is finishing up Nursing School told me yesterday that they were studying autoimmune diseases and her instructor said she wished they had thought to have me there. They study the physical and psychological aspects of different things. She was asked how I am doing psychologically with so many different things hitting me.

She said, "I told them the only thing keeping my Mom from doing anything that she thinks of is her body not cooperating. We can't keep her down unlike another member of the family who we can't get up." I didn't know they ever even noticed. She said "Mom, you are tough and you are not a quitter."

She has been diagnosed with Lupus herself and I think setting an example is extremely important.

I am on a pain pill. Hope I make a little bit of sense.

Possi

RUN WHEN YOU CAN,
WALK IF YOU HAVE TO,
CRAWL IF YOU MUST,
JUST NEVER EVER GIVE UP!

#485440 - 03/15/13 12:04 PM Re: GOOD DAYS, What do you do ? [Re: Stu]
Possi Offline
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin

Sounds wonderful. I have a dream sometimes where I am running and laughing in the sun. I would love to run.

Also, the travel sounds so good. I love people and visiting with people. Everyone has a story.

Visiting your family is so important for them as well as you.

Great thoughts.

Possi

RUN WHEN YOU CAN,
WALK IF YOU HAVE TO,
CRAWL IF YOU MUST,
JUST NEVER EVER GIVE UP!

#485528 - 03/16/13 01:07 PM Re: GOOD DAYS, What do you do ? [Re: BeckyJ]
BeckyJ Offline
Journeyman_AS_Kicker

Stu, I am so envious, I can't run, even in really good shape, it's so not cool.. but a good bike ride , hard swim, hike, or kayaking is always good.

Possi,
I hear what you are saying ! It makes me happy that you are having good days, and that you have taught your daughter to fight.. I love weeding my flower beds... bumber we have to pay for what we love to do.. Oh, well, we are living and learning to cope, that is what makes it.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 81 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
New member sign up and donations
by DragonSlayer
05/10/20 07:56 PM
We need an SSL cert on kickas.org
by MIranda
05/08/20 05:00 PM
AS Flare I think, maybe Covid?
by sBrian
05/06/20 11:59 AM
AS and IgA Nephropathy