Key Lime Pie
This recipe came from the book "Meals that Heal Inflammation". Made it today and it was fantastic!
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 cup walnuts
1/4 tsp grey sea salt or pink rock salt (I didn't use any)
1/2 cup dates pitted
3 firm avocados
3 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp lime zest
1/2 cup raw honey
pinch grey sea salt or pink rock salt (I used regular white sea salt)
as desired kiwi or lime slices to top (I used more lime zest)
1. Process the coconut, walnuts and salt in a food processor until coarsely ground.
2. Add the dates and process until the mixture resembles bread crumbs and begins to clump together.
3. Press into the bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie plate using the back of a spoon or fingers.
4. Place the crust in the freezer for 15 minutes.
5. Process all the filling ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
6. Pour the filling into the pie crust. Set in fridge for 20 minutes.
7. Garnish as desired.
Hope you like it! Oh and a tip for getting the most juice from lime (you are likely familiar with this tip): pierce the rind a few times (fork or knife) and microwave at 10 second intervals until soft...generally it takes 20 seconds total when I do it).
Positive for HLA-B27 gene, AS diagnosed 2006 - experienced first pain at age 16, RT SI Joint
Constant pain in upper back, shoulder, neck
Right SI Joint only - pain to the point of immobility
Thorasic Outlet Sydrome - 2011
Father-rheumatoid arthritis, iritis
Plantar Fasiitis (Bilateral)
Currently trying to figure out how to lower my starches, but still get enough carbs to allow my brain to function and give me energy to workout.