Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
W
New_Member
New_Member
W
We love the organic coconut flour, it really makes a great substitute for allergies to wheat and not only does it taste great, but it tastes healthy too. We use it in bread, pancakes, muffins and just about everything we bake.

Oil Massage London
S
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
S
Originally Posted By: weaimto
We love the organic coconut flour, it really makes a great substitute for allergies to wheat and not only does it taste great, but it tastes healthy too. We use it in bread, pancakes, muffins and just about everything we bake.

Maybe a silly question but does coconut flour taste like coconut? I don't really like the taste of coconut.

AS, IBS, reflux oesophagitis and dysphagia, PCOS/insulin resistance, asthma...
Currently managing my AS with humira, methotrexate, low starch diet and exercises. Also taking omeprazole, metformin etc.
Iron_AS_Kicker
Iron_AS_Kicker
Yes, it does have a coconut flavor. I thought it tasted wonderful when my favorite baker made me a cake from it, but sadly it increased my inflammation so I've been staying away from coconut flour & sticking with almond-flour cookies. Luckily she does those really well too...

L
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
L
Hi Zark, thanks so much for posting this link for making the coconut bread!...I miss having a quick sandwich!!....Or a piece of toast once in awhile for breakfast....It looks like it would be yummy with almond butter and banana.

My favourite go to for recipes is Elana's pantry...But I wish you used something other the Agave...I used to use it a lot till I read about the high fructose...Now I have been using coconut palm oil or honey if it calls for a liquid sweetener...which most of hers do...Any suggestions for a lower fructose substitute?

thanks, Laurel

Diagnosed with AS in 2007 Hx of episodic back pain since I was 13.
Fibromyalgia Diagnosed Feb. 2013
methotrexate and Enbrel
Started LSD Feb 2012
Vit B,C,D, fish oil, folic acid, 5HTP, Gabba,Magnessium.
I am so much more then my symptoms:)

Magical_AS_Kicker
Magical_AS_Kicker
Hey Laurel,

Have you tried Coconut Nectar? It's Raw, Low Glycemic, Yummy Sweet. Like a cross between honey & maple syrup for taste.

http://www.coconutsecret.com/products2.html

You can get Coconut Nectar in liquid form, or Coconut Palm Sugar in Dried Form. I love both.

I avoid agave at all times. I have read it can "feed klebsilla like wildfire." It caused me a flare-up and I have staid away from it ever since.

-Andrea

I'm now a KICK AS (and Kick IBD) success story!! After going low starch Paleo to heal my gut, I can now eat nearly all starches, grains & foods without inflammation, flare-ups, or pain. I used a modified SCD diet approach (minus dairy! plus cacao ♥). Cheers to healing & thriving again! I blog at http://www.forestandfauna.com/about/
L
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
L
Wow, that is good to know. I hadn't heard that, I was comcerned enough about the amount of fructose...There are so many things to be aware of...I have switched most of my baking to the dry coconut palm sugar but I didn't know you could get it in liquid...I will check out my health food store. Could you tell where to find out more about the things other then starch that feed kiebsilla?

thanks again Andrea.

methotrexate and Enbrel
Started LSD Feb 2012

Magical_AS_Kicker
Magical_AS_Kicker
I came across the klebsiella & agave connection on an "SCD Diet" website, something I believe Elaine Gotschall was quoted saying. It came down to agave containing inulin, pre-biotic, which feeds good & bad bacteria, with klebsiella being included in that bad bacteria group.

Now, I do awesome on other natural foods that contain inulin, like garlic, asparagus, onion, but in something like agave that is highly processed, altered, concentrated, that is a no-go for me!

As far as other foods feeding klebsilla... I think some on here might have mentioned a connection to foods high in inulin, but I eat lots of garlic daily w/o any problems. Nightshades on the other hand, OMG are they now totally inflammatory for me. I think giving up my peppers is much harder than giving up gluten ever was. There is peppery spice in so many of my most favorite dishes frown

xoxo

I'm now a KICK AS (and Kick IBD) success story!! After going low starch Paleo to heal my gut, I can now eat nearly all starches, grains & foods without inflammation, flare-ups, or pain. I used a modified SCD diet approach (minus dairy! plus cacao ♥). Cheers to healing & thriving again! I blog at http://www.forestandfauna.com/about/
L
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
L
Thanks Andrea...I don't usually seem to react quickly to foods...But then I need to pay more attention as well....I eat a lot of inulin high foods...so something to pay attention to...I've been concentrating on LSD...shooting for NSD...But also hard to tell because I am also on a biologic.

anyway, thanks again.:)

methotrexate and Enbrel
Started LSD Feb 2012

B
New_Member
New_Member
B
Well both are very fine in terms of substances and taste also but the thing is it is important for us to chose the one which doesn't really contain any kinda bad effect on health i mean coconut is rich in saturated fats but almond is not.I would go for almond.

C
New_Member
New_Member
C
Almond flour is bad for me it is proinflammatory check this link http://empoweredsustenance.com/avoid-almond-flour/ ,any flour pls reply

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (haydenk, 1 invisible), 125 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM