Moderators:
- Tim (Dotyisle)
- Chelsea (Kiwi)
- Megan (Megan)
- Wendy (WendyR)
- John (Cheerful)
- Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#455680 - 11/06/11 07:13 AM Re: On NSD already but I feel I need little help [Re: chicharito]
naj Offline
Diamond_AS_Kicker

Loc: U.S.A.
Wow that's even better...

#455720 - 11/07/11 03:34 AM Re: On NSD already but I feel I need little help [Re: gbash]
chicharito Offline
Apprentice_AS_Kicker

Loc: Mexico
Thanks Greg for your clarification on the FODMAP diet. I've noticed that sometimes when I'm having indigestion or something like that in the gut my SI starts to hurt. I don't know if that's indicative of IBS but ever since I started the NSD I've noted that my digestion is better.

It would be too much to try to follow both diets, I think I will take your last comment as a big advice for me, I won't be so strict or I might not stick to the diet.

#455721 - 11/07/11 03:36 AM Re: On NSD already but I feel I need little help [Re: Johnthain]
chicharito Offline
Apprentice_AS_Kicker

Thanks Jonathain, I did that today and yes, the skins came off easily and to my surprise they tasted better this way too!

#455722 - 11/07/11 03:43 AM Re: On NSD already but I feel I need little help [Re: naj]
chicharito Offline
Apprentice_AS_Kicker

Thanks naj for your advice.

I read the blog and I guess I'm going to take that path, which is what Greg recommended too. I guess I have to take my time to learn what foods are good for me.

I checked the Jarrow probiotics on Amazon and I'm definetely buying them, there are very good reviews there too.

I tried Jonathain advice first and it's easy, but a couple of hours ago I tried with the boiling water and it was even easier! I did a whole bag, the problem came later when I needed to get them dry so I can store them. After a few ideas failed I spread them in front of a fan for an hour.

I love chocolate too cry . I had a flare and there are two suspects, onions and chocolate, I soo wish it was the onion.. lol

#455887 - 11/09/11 12:47 PM Re: On NSD already but I feel I need little help [Re: chicharito]
jbirdus Offline
Journeyman_AS_Kicker

Loc: Kentucky, USA
I buy these skinless almonds, very tasty:
http://www.amazon.com/Planters-Skinless-...7938&sr=8-1

got tired of blanching my own.

#456992 - 11/27/11 05:26 AM Re: On NSD already but I feel I need little help [Re: naj]
chicharito Offline
Apprentice_AS_Kicker

Just to clarify:

I posted that my iritis was almost gone but I was confused, what I thought was iritis is probably a temporomandibular joint inflammation. I assumed it was iritis because it was the first thing that seemed to make sense as I had been having this pain/inflammation on one side of my head for long time, extending to the forehead, eye area, scalp.

Well this pain returned, and I researched a bit deeper on iritis and realized that it was not my case, and looking further for the answer and reading some posts here I learned about the temporomandibular joint, which coincidentally started to make noise when I chew the other day when the pain was starting.

I have no idea why the pain returned since I haven't been eating anything starchy. I even eliminated tomatoes, onions and avocados from my diet. I've only added greek yogurt and dried cherries and berries.

#457026 - 11/27/11 05:29 PM Re: On NSD already but I feel I need little help [Re: chicharito]
SJLC Offline
Iron_AS_Kicker

Loc: CA, USA
Originally Posted By: chicharito

I have no idea why the pain returned since I haven't been eating anything starchy. I even eliminated tomatoes, onions and avocados from my diet. I've only added greek yogurt and dried cherries and berries.

Even greek yogurt has enough lactose to cause me problems, so that is one possibility for causing problems. Also a lot of people with gut problems have food intolerance for dairy products. Sadly the dried cherries and berries are also possibilities (though less likely); it is hard to find any fruit that *never* has starch. For instance, specific batches of frozen blueberries or raspberries have been reported as testing starchy.

Maybe try cutting out the yogurt for a while, and see if that has any effect. If yogurt does turn out to be the culprit, you still might be able to have specific types of dairy. For instance there are lactose-free dairy products if lactose is the problem, or goat dairy products if intolerance to cow-milk protein is the problem. Specialty items, but worth it if it keeps you feeling better.

#457031 - 11/27/11 06:07 PM Re: On NSD already but I feel I need little help [Re: SJLC]
SJLC Offline
Iron_AS_Kicker

Loc: CA, USA
Originally Posted By: SJLC

Even greek yogurt has enough lactose to cause me problems, so that is one possibility for causing problems. Also a lot of people with gut problems have food intolerance for dairy products. Sadly the dried cherries and berries are also possibilities (though less likely)

Ok now I noticed your other post where you mentioned berries are cranberries, and that makes them more suspicious. They are low-starch but not non-starch, and last year I gave myself a flare by eating too much cranberry sauce. This year I restrained myself from eating as much cranberry as usual (sigh), and did not end up getting worse.

#457034 - 11/27/11 06:36 PM Re: On NSD already but I feel I need little help [Re: chicharito]
ValsMum Offline
Steel_AS_Kicker

Chiccharito,

Tomatoes really give me pain, as do all the nightshades.I see you have avoided those. I can't eat any dairy or I am in a ton of pain the next morning and it lasts for 3 days, maybe the greek yogurt is the prob?
I was eating ONLY chicken, romaine lettuce and apples for a couple weeks to get rid of the pain. I hope you continue to heal and after awhile be able to add more food to your diet.

Take care.

excess fat/oils = pain for me
recipes for raw food on Youtube "raw food romance"
and "healing josephine" Josephine is in remission from RA after two years by change diet/exercise

#459874 - 01/09/12 08:45 PM Re: On NSD already but I feel I need little help [Re: jbirdus]
chicharito Offline
Apprentice_AS_Kicker

Originally Posted By: jbirdus
I buy these skinless almonds, very tasty:
http://www.amazon.com/Planters-Skinless-...7938&sr=8-1

got tired of blanching my own.

These are awesome. Bought one pack at walgreens and then decided to order 16 6oz packs from amazon.

Thanks a lot!!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 81 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
New member sign up and donations
by DragonSlayer
05/10/20 07:56 PM
We need an SSL cert on kickas.org
by MIranda
05/08/20 05:00 PM
AS Flare I think, maybe Covid?
by sBrian
05/06/20 11:59 AM
AS and IgA Nephropathy