Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Arindam Offline OP
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
Hello Friends,

Here is my story and experience , writing down as detail as I can so that some one can be benefited out here.Please note that I am originally from East India and my diet is based on the typical East Indian food habit.

I tried LSD about 5 months which helped me a bit and then I switched to NSD, continued with NSD for about 2.5months, I am not sure what went wrong but my muscle became very weak and pain increased a lot. I was unable to walk , stand up and do my regular bare minimum stuffs to survive. Every one here tried to help me the best they can, but for some reason NSD failed for me. So, I came back to India and consulted an Ayurvedic Doctor. He gave me a diet chart - surprisingly which is so similar to LSD!! The doc told me that Ayurveda is following this diet for all sort of arthritis , for ages.

I then tried to analyze my situation, in my family (both father and mother side) no one has active AS, though I am sure some one is carrying HLA B27, but still they are normal. My childhood food habit was typical east Indian, lots of fish, veggies and parboiled rice and my AS got aggravated when I was 38yrs(2 yrs back). SO I decided to give Ayurvedic Diet a shot -

Allowed to Eat/drink - Rice, veggies(which grows above the ground), fish, lean meat (preferably only fish). Tea and plenty of water(but no chilled / cold drinks).Spices of all sort(indian dishes are generally very spicy!). Eat boiled bitter melon/gourd or anything bitter (about 2 small one) every day. I take bitter gourd or neem leaves every day.

NOT allowed to eat - no wheat product, flour , potato and yogurt and avoid milk.No sugar,no sweets, but honey in small amount. Honey should never he heated while consuming . No alcohol.No fruits but citrus fruit can be taken.

Time to eat - from morning 10am till 6pm, meaning eat after 10am and before 6pm. Try to have 3 meals in a day. Doctor told me , NO EATING after the sun set.

Exercise - Gentle yoga (if you can), walk in the sun shine for about 15mins every day , but it should be always between 6am - 8am.

Supplement : Liv 52 every morning(to protect Liver), Triphala (an Ayurvedic preparation to help in digestion) capsule twice a day.

I came back to India on 4th June and I was on wheel chair then, today I can walk , I can climb stairs till 4th floor, I have stopped taking any pain meds, my ESR has come down from 155 to 40 and I can sit for longer without any pain , infact I can feel the difference. My body strength is coming back, I can stand almost straight now and most importantly - I have started working again as a freelancer since last 7days.

Not sure, why the diet worked for me and I am going toward remission, may be my gene , may be something else, But - I am happy that I have found a solution to be active again. My little daughter is happy as I am going to pick her up from the school every day now, my wife is happy as I am able to help her a little in the household works and I am happy , happy as I could be.

Lets pray that , this success continues.

Arindam

Last edited by Arindam; 07/12/11 07:43 AM. Reason: missed few points in the first post

Long way to go before I sleep!
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Arindam.

Congratulations! What fantastic news. I'm so happy for you and will indeed pray that your success continues.

Get busy living! www.sickopportunity.com
Bob Connors

Me and my girls
Arindam Offline OP
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
Thank you very much Bob.

Arindam

Decorated_AS_Kicker
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Hi Arinam,
It is really great to know that it is working and you got a very good relief. I wish it sustains and improves further. Let us watch how it progress and discuss further.

Regards.

JAY

Last edited by jay_bharat; 07/12/11 03:08 PM.
Gold_AS_Kicker
Gold_AS_Kicker

Arindam,

That is fabulous news. I was reading a paper discussing food allergies and arthritis. Their allergic reactions were not rashes or breathing difficulties, they were pain, fatigue, mental fog.

The offending foods for some people that shocked me are NSD staples: beef, eggs, nuts, lettuce. Others that made sense to me were chocolate, wheat, dairy.

Interesting stuff!

Congratulations! Keep up the good work. Keep us posted.

-Donette

Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
congrats! and thanks for sharing smile

as donette was mentioning about food allergies, i see a naturpath that has tested me for food "sensitivities" and i seem to be very sensitive to dairy and somewhat to eggs, so i've cut way back on them in my diet, in hopes that that would reduce my inflammation. not sure i've noticed any effect. however, i've made a number of other changes recently: fish oil, vitamin C, chiro, and within the last two years LDN and flector patch, and i am in a pretty good place right now, no major major flare since august. so maybe all these things together are helping, or maybe i just haven't had a major flare for awhile, time will tell.

glad you found a diet and exercise program that is working for you. it is such a blessing to have one's life back smile

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
Copper_AS_Kicker
Copper_AS_Kicker
Thank you for sharing your success story. It gives hope to many.

Micki
Mom to 9
Dx'ed Ocular Herpes, Sept. '08
Dx'ed AS May '09, suffering on and off since 1979
Dx'ed Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma May '08, relapse Oct '11
Arindam Offline OP
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
Sure Jay, you can get in touch with me if you wish to know further on this. I think this would help you too

Arindam

Arindam Offline OP
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
Micki thanks, I hope for the same. Diet alone can help in controlling this monster - we just trying to prove it smile

Arindam Offline OP
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
Sue/Donette

A special thanks to you both for replying to some of my stupid question I posted earlier (when I was new to the world of NSD/LSD)

smile

Arindam

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 54 guests, and 81 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM