Moderators:
- Tim (Dotyisle)
- Chelsea (Kiwi)
- Megan (Megan)
- Wendy (WendyR)
- John (Cheerful)
- Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#434131 - 03/02/11 02:44 AM SI Joint, Muscle Spasms
Sue22 Offline
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin

Loc: Upstate NY
what can i say, muscle spasms due to the SI joint really suck.

last week when i woke up it was a bit tight, but i kind of ignored it, "tweaked it" (whatever that means) when i tried to sweep the kitchen that morning. muscles hard as a board that day, but within a few days could walk around again. then monday, bent over just slightly to put something in my purse, and again, same thing. thought it was less than last week, but the spasms are stronger than last week. had to sit in recliner on ice or heat, alternating, all day. at least i got my grant proposal done and out, guess it was good to have something to focus on.

anyway, been through this over and over again, so really just venting.

pain is tiring and yet keeps one awake at the same time, you all know how that is. last night set the alarm to try to get 7 hours of sleep, woke and couldn't go back to sleep after just a few hours. i'm exhausted! good night.

hope these spasms die down soon, they're tiring, not just physically but mentally and emotionally as well. it gets so old. but still better now that i use the flector patch then before, that's something i guess. at least its not a constant thing, has been pretty good for the last few months til last week, that's something too.

thanks for listening. heart

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. fish oil. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs

#434143 - 03/02/11 07:37 AM Re: SI Joint, Muscle Spasms [Re: Sue22]
jacksmum Offline
Decorated_AS_Kicker

Loc: Australia
Hi Sue,
I hope the spasms have settled down. I do believe I have been having SI Joint Muscle spasms too. They are right sided and occur when I have been sitting and try to get out of a chair. I would rate them right up there with labour pains. I have not had them until this year. I have had hip trouble on the right too so I always wonder if it might be my hip too. Physio thinks S.I.
Sending you best wishes and hopes for a relaxing weekend.
Deb.

#434174 - 03/02/11 11:06 AM Re: SI Joint, Muscle Spasms [Re: Sue22]
Inanna Offline

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
Sue, just wanted to send you a hug. Man it sucks when it hits. hugss

Warm hugs,

"Frost Moon" by Nene Thomas

One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life:
That word is love.

Sophocles

#434183 - 03/02/11 11:25 AM Re: SI Joint, Muscle Spasms [Re: Inanna]
cemc Offline
Captain_AS_Kicker

Loc: UK
Yep, know it all too well Sue! One of the reasons I now have to take baclofen three times a day. Too much walking without crutches also will do it for me too - think walking must pull those muscles a bit too much, whereas using crutches allows me to do more of a swing through without putting too much muscle use. Probably not good if you want to preserve muscle function though. When it was at its most acute for me the only thing that really helped was 2 mg of diazepam (as the syrup, so faster acting).

#434197 - 03/02/11 12:25 PM Re: SI Joint, Muscle Spasms [Re: Inanna]
Sue22 Offline

thanks kat smile

day 3 now, and now finally at a point where the spasms are great enough to cause me to scream if i move the wrong way, mostly bending, so just won't do that. thank goodness its break week, though lousy way to spend a break! and i have work that must be done, but at least it can be done at home, and at least hubby can do my bending for me, help me get food, get in and out of the recliner, bed, etc........instead of getting better, getting worse, i have my theories, but won't bore anyone with the details since they're just theories and honestly just want it to stop. now.

thanks again, always good to have others who understand heart

sue

Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
chiro
walk, bike

#434200 - 03/02/11 12:31 PM Re: SI Joint, Muscle Spasms [Re: jacksmum]
Sue22 Offline

i wish i could say they've settled, but this thing is angrier today than ever, finally shortly after i got up, tried to bend over to get a spoon out of the dishwasher, the screaming muscle spasms gripped me like a big ole anaconda!

fortunately hubby was in the room so i stood there to let the muscles recover while he got me my spoon, helped me sit down, then got me the rest of my food. thank goodness for hubbies that work out of the house!

something just ain't right down there and i think i just have to let it settle. so tired, and i just got up!

sue

chiro
walk, bike

#434201 - 03/02/11 12:36 PM Re: SI Joint, Muscle Spasms [Re: cemc]
Sue22 Offline

yep, gonna go take a hot shower, then a muscle relaxant (i use zanaflex), then it will be back to sleep though i just got up.....

i'm really so fortunate that this kind of thing only happens once every few months. that's the way it was for the longest time. then it was becoming a common occurrence. the flector patch has it back to only once every few months. but the days that its like this, well, i have no idea how others deal with it every single day, i just don't feel like i'm that strong of a person to be able to do that. i was for the first x number of years, but as the years go by, my response to the pain gets worse. how someone in daily gripping muscle spasms deals, i have no clue, strong drugs would be the only thing that would get me through. a few days of this, and i'm wiped out both physically and emotionally. just want the nightmare to end..........

i know you and everyone else understands. boy i wish for you're sake that you didn't. heart

sue

chiro
walk, bike

#434202 - 03/02/11 12:38 PM Re: SI Joint, Muscle Spasms [Re: Sue22]
avonldy Offline
Major_AS_Kicker

Loc: N. Sacramento Valley
I hope you are feeling better. Do you have one of those long handled grabber things. Some days mine is a lifesaver for me. My only problem is that I only have one grabber and it;s always in the wrong room when I need it.

Those muscle spasms are so bad. Do you have any medication for it?
But live your todays.
Do the very best you can
leave the rest to God.
God Bless,

#434205 - 03/02/11 12:43 PM Re: SI Joint, Muscle Spasms [Re: avonldy]
Sue22 Offline

thanks donna,

i don't have a grabber, but you know what, i should get one! thanks for the suggestion!

drugs, once i get out of the shower, will take a zanaflex. if i take it now, will fall asleep in the shower, don't want that to happen smile

think i'll start the daypro too, had been waiting til break week in case i had bad side effects like it messing with my stomach, but now would be a good time to see how effective it is.

can't do pain meds cause on the LDN, and when i miss a dose, can feel the arthritis get worse, things like feet and knees and other things so i know its helping. even if i hit rough spots along the way. but that's ok, the zanaflex will zonk me out and when we're asleep, we can't feel the pain rainbow

sue

chiro
walk, bike

#434207 - 03/02/11 12:46 PM Re: SI Joint, Muscle Spasms [Re: Sue22]
avonldy Offline
Major_AS_Kicker

Loc: N. Sacramento Valley
Sleep well
But live your todays.
Do the very best you can
leave the rest to God.
God Bless,

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Who's Online
1 registered (Soco11), 70 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
New Favorite Low/No Starch Recipes!
by bettyrawker
Yesterday at 02:57 PM
Autologous blood stem cell transplantation
by crv
04/14/14 02:42 PM
Hightended Anxiety / Dry Mouth in sleep from NSD
by andredenito
04/14/14 12:08 PM
Has Anyone Heard from Lady Buggie