Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 198 of 566 1 2 196 197 198 199 200 565 566
Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
ran 3.04 miles 30:04 minutes. It was a beautiful day.

Steve Orchard, Running from AS & MS
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
beautiful day here too! cold but sunny with blue skies and puffy white clouds.....i could see it from my office window! glad you had a good run! cheerleader

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
Dow Offline
Imperial_AS_Kicker
Imperial_AS_Kicker
Love it! Look who's driving---That's our Molly hrtballon yes

Dow - *Thank You* - super job! You are my 'hero' cheerleader Looks good... hug Going again tomorrow morning - just 'hope' the weather clears a bit, sloshing rain past full week (chucks are in a swimming pool almost!)

Now off to physio - 35 mins drive in this slosh first...yuck.

Again, my thanks Dow - hugss

MollyC1i - Riding OutAS
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Monday: walk 4 miles (80 minutes)
Tuesday: walk 4 miles (80 minutes)

Last edited by LATH; 02/16/11 02:12 PM.

John
EricaK Offline OP
Royal_AS_kicker
OP Offline
Royal_AS_kicker
Yesterday I swam 850 tds at Glenwood Hot Springs, which was WAY too hot, and today 1 swam 1250 yds at Mesa State College brand new natatorium. I loved the photos that Dow put up for Molly. smile

ANA+ RF+ Rh- HLAB27+
Dx JRA 1967, GAD 1997, AS 2009, HMs 2010, CPS 2013
pulmonary edema w/ NSAIDS 2009

Movin' it so I don't lose it!

excellent molly and dow!

i had a standardbred when i was in my teens and early 20s. i mostly rode her but every so often we hitched her up to a cart. missy was a great little horse. she was very small which was perfect for me, and had the sweetest disposition. smart too. heart we got her for a good price; she was afraid of the (starting) gates so they couldn't race her, we gave her a good life, i think.

i always found it odd the large difference in heights of standardbreds. molly, do you know why that is?

sue

Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
chiro
walk, bike
Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
Today I ran 4.24 miles in 42:42 minutes. It snowed last night, and I was thinking that I would be on the elliptical today. The sun was out so I ran outside. It was a nice day.

Steve Orchard, Running from AS & MS
Fabulous sunny day (needed sunglasses) and 'warm' today! Good drivng, was really put thorugh my paces - and so was pony. loooks like he is not used to backing up, objected big time, and also to putting 'a' shoulder in. Interesting. Had to do tight turns - learn the 'hows' of in case ever needed, and also back to 'beautful' curves and keeping straight as a die between the parallel poles. Hmmmmmm Did too many skurry turns wehn I was supposed to be doing elegeant! Was stil given a good mark but again, think they were being kind <VBG>

Walaked out this afternoon, but feet really playing up then knee decided to chie in. Bit painful, but must have walked n total about a mile. nee and feet not good this evening - right painful.

Yesterday, AWed, was physio day. My PT is pleased with my progress - so am I. Do notice a difference. He was very adament about warming up muscles first before doing stretches, he said that is a 'ust' for every spondy as could do oneself an injury.

Noticed for first time ever that I slightly carry my neck to the right. When one 'sees' the difference in the two sides of the neck/head carriage, it is very obvious. PT says due to enthesis and kyphosis etc on R. section of back. He doubts it will come right, but says to 'walk' tall and to look *straight ahead and to try to be concious of head carriage. (Told hm I'd try walking with book on head - he then said that years ago that 'exercise' was a *Must, upto 1 kilo (2.2lbs!) phew. OK, that would be my Larousse... :))

Cleaned out chucks - like a swimming mud bath out there. Poor chucks.

OK. That was me for two days. Will really try hard to walk out every day now - well, at least when it is not pouring with rain!

(Glad y'all like the piccies Dow was so kind in posting for me.)

MollyC1i - Riding OutAS
Originally Posted By: Mollyc1i
He was very adament about warming up muscles first before doing stretches, he said that is a 'ust' for every spondy as could do oneself an injury.

been there, done that, messed up IT/TFL band attachment to trochanter by simply stretching, not very vigorously either, or so i thought. took a year to recover, no walking or anything else pretty much for that year! yes, gotta be careful out there!

Originally Posted By: Mollyc1i
Noticed for first time ever that I slightly carry my neck to the right. When one 'sees' the difference in the two sides of the neck/head carriage, it is very obvious. PT says due to enthesis and kyphosis etc on R. section of back. He doubts it will come right, but says to 'walk' tall and to look *straight ahead and to try to be concious of head carriage. (Told hm I'd try walking with book on head - he then said that years ago that 'exercise' was a *Must, upto 1 kilo (2.2lbs!) phew. OK, that would be my Larousse... :))

mine pretty obvious. enthesitis i think. plus fibrous tissue from the muscle spasms from the inflammatory stuff. don't know if mine will evern be resolved either, but chiro consistently saying same sorts of things to me that your PT is saying to you, walk tall, shoulders back! and he's gently working away the fibrous stuff binding me all together. and he has me doing "PT" exercises.

your PT sounds excellent! cheerleader

sue

chiro
walk, bike
Page 198 of 566 1 2 196 197 198 199 200 565 566

Moderated by  fyrfytr187, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (haydenk, 1 invisible), 125 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM