Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#430392 01/28/11 08:29 PM
WendyR Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm frustrated to find my CRP elevating again but not surprised because my pain levels have been up as well.

At its worst, eighteen months ago, my CRP was over 110, which was extremely scary and I was very ill. It very slowly came down after I began using prednisone and methotrexate. At its best, last fall, it got down to 5.9, which was still flagged as elevated (my reports show <5 as normal). Shortly before Christmas it had gone up to >8 and now it's >16. There's been a corresponding increase in my pain levels so I'm wondering whether the methotrexate is becoming less effective or if there is another reason.

How frustrating - I so don't want to go backwards again at this stage. I still have lots of challenges but, now I look back, I can't begin to imagine how I kept going and really don't want to be back in that situation.

I suppose at least I finished school and got my MBA so, if I get much worse, it won't be the same as going to school with a CRP of 110, on fentanyl and percocet and using a cane!! I guess I can be glad about small mercies!

Wendy

Rheumatoid Arthritis
Methotrexate, Celebrex, Plaquenil
J
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Decorated_AS_Kicker
J
Hi Wendy,
I hope things improve again. I know how disappointing it can be when you thing you've turned the corner and you have a set back. You sound very positive though and I see that you are so caring and supportive here I just wanted to send best wishes.
Kind regards,
Debra.

WendyR Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Debra,

Just reading about the challenges faced by some of our members such as my dear friend Kevin makes me just feel grateful. I guess that translates into feeling positive about my own situation.

I hope that you are doing well.

Wendy

Rheumatoid Arthritis
J
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Decorated_AS_Kicker
J
I am doing ok thanks Wendy, I am off to see a nuero/ ortho surgeon soon regards my back and hip, it will be good to have a look at some updated bone/mri scans and to get some expert advise regarding how much of my pain is mechanical versus how much is inflammation. My wrist has settled somewhat now and I now have new splint, glove and flexiband bandage to try for a few weeks to get the swelling down.
Yes Kevin is very inspiring and I think Kick AS org can help one so much just by being privy to how people handle their own health problems with so much dignity and bravery.
Cheers, Deb

K
kevin_A
Unregistered
kevin_A
Unregistered
K
Hi Wendy,
Sorry your crp is raised and your getting more pain again. mine has come down again so pain is not as bad. Although Enbrel is not as good as Humira it is helping.Saw my nurse last week and they are now saying nothing more they can do for me except keep my pain as low as possible. Never mind at least I'm still mobile.

Kevin

M
mig Offline
M
Oh Wendy, that does sound frustrating, especially after all of your patience in the time that it took to finally start heading down. I'm so sorry to hear that it's creeping it's way up again and with pain on the rise. frown1

>16 and on the way up is worrisome. My CRP usually wandered around 35 (ESR around 85) but would vary somewhat. I hope it proves to be a temporary flare that's just exceeding your usual amount of inflammation and might yet go down again.

Although I've never been on mtx, I don't think (?) that it's as apt to lose it's effectiveness (in the way that some meds do) so I'd be more apt to suspect that your disease activity has increased to a point that mtx is less able to cover or control it as well as it has. I could be wrong on that but that would be my guess... although it's probably not a comforting thought, unfortunately.

I hope this will turn around soon for you!! hugss

Btw, I think you are a brave one too in the way that you've been dealing with the severity of your illness, just like Kevin!

mig #430567 01/30/11 07:04 PM
WendyR Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm hoping it's just temporary, too! This morning I'm having to use my cane again and trying to avoid the stairs. Grrrr!

Oddly enough, I have a lot of sacrum pain at the moment, which is not one of my typical symptoms. That and my toes which are red and swollen have me limping around. Oh, well... such is the nature of this disease!

Wendy

Rheumatoid Arthritis
Dow Offline
Imperial_AS_Kicker
Imperial_AS_Kicker
hugss

Dow
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Oh Wendy, I'm so sorry... hugss hugss hugss

Age 7- Kidney Necrosis
Age 11-Bursitis
Age 14-Costo
Age 17-Psoriasis
Age 32-Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
Age 33-Sacroilitis
Age 35-Interstitial Cystitis
Age 40-AS
Age 44-Fibro
Age 44-PsA
Age 45-MS
Age 46-Sjogrens
Age 46-Raynauds
Age 47-PF

Moderated by  WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (haydenk, 1 invisible), 125 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM