Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 154 of 566 1 2 152 153 154 155 156 565 566
LATH #425153 12/19/10 06:44 AM
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
ha ha ha! laugh2

that's dedication!

i just so didn't feel like going for a walk today after getting the tree, the upper trap is killing me today, but hubby and i both knew that walking would be the best thing for it, so he went for a walk with me today so i'd get out there! its nice to have him here to motivate me when i don't have the drive myself.

it really was a nice day, a bit cold, but sunny and no wind, and with thinsulate in my boots and a scarf and hood around my head, it was fine. actually like walking when its colder so i don't get sweaty and have to take a shower after.

walk: 1.5 miles, 30 minutes.

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
Sue22 #425171 12/19/10 02:23 PM
EricaK Offline OP
Royal_AS_kicker
OP Offline
Royal_AS_kicker
Originally Posted By: Sue22
i just so didn't feel like going for a walk today ... but hubby and i both knew that walking would be the best thing for it, so he went for a walk with me

Yay for walking! cheerleaderYay for hubby! cheerleader

Just so you don't feel alone in your lack of motivation, I almost NEVER feel like swimming. no But after I'm done, my body is always grateful. yes

Go TEAM! clap

ANA+ RF+ Rh- HLAB27+
Dx JRA 1967, GAD 1997, AS 2009, HMs 2010, CPS 2013
pulmonary edema w/ NSAIDS 2009

Movin' it so I don't lose it!

EricaK Offline OP
Royal_AS_kicker
OP Offline
Royal_AS_kicker
Originally Posted By: Sue22
i'll pm you what i can, but i was mistaken about that book, i don't own it, i found it in a library or something, photocopied some pages (i think) but god only knows where those pages are. still, i'll pm you what i can.

Teehee. Maybe we should both be over in "Memory"? grin

ANA+ RF+ Rh- HLAB27+

Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
Yesterday it snowed a couple of inches here. While I was shoveling the walk I saw some one running on the snowy road. I don't dare run on the snowy road, to easy for the cars to slid and hit me. I went to the gym and spent 60 minutes on the elliptical cross trainer.

I wanted to say that I don't reply to a lot of things here, but I do read it. I think everyone is doing a great job. I think that is what it is all about "fight the AS every way possible". I think when you give up that is when it wins.

Thanks everyone for all you do, it is an inspiration to me. Thanks to EricaK for starting this topic.

Steve Orchard, Running from AS & MS
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Originally Posted By: Orch
...I think when you give up that is when it wins. Thanks everyone for all you do, it is an inspiration to me. Thanks to EricaK for starting this topic.
Orch, I agree with you 100%! "Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, give in. Never give in. Never give in. Never give in."

Last edited by LATH; 12/19/10 04:20 PM.

John
EricaK Offline OP
Royal_AS_kicker
OP Offline
Royal_AS_kicker
While I was shoveling the walk I saw some one running on the snowy road. I don't dare run on the snowy road, to easy for the cars to slid and hit me. I went to the gym

Good for you! cheerleader

In Norway everyone wears reflecting bands and they pin dangly reflectors on the kids clothes. Not that it would prevent harm from a sliding car, but it amazes me that such a simple thing keeps people from getting hit in the dark. I live in a town with an average age of 63, and people walk, run, and bike all around here in dark colored clothing. It drives me nuts! I'm not trashing older drivers, but there are giant bumpers in front of every single post office parking place for a reason. Plus which I my own self have a cataract, which makes it difficult to see dark clothed people in the rain and/or snow at night. Well, I guess that's enough of my rant.

I appreciate you, too!

Go TEAM! clap

ANA+ RF+ Rh- HLAB27+

EricaK Offline OP
Royal_AS_kicker
OP Offline
Royal_AS_kicker
Originally Posted By: LATH
"Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, give in. Never give in. Never give in. Never give in."

What is this, make Erica blush day? blush

I was thinking that it's funny that your wife thinks biking in the rain makes you crazy. Has she seen the photo of you standing on ... was that Whitney? laugh2

ANA+ RF+ Rh- HLAB27+

i do think that if they had tested for learning disabilities when i was growing up, i'd have tested positive for no memory what's so ever! but the advantage of that was that i had to reason everything out, perfect for a budding scientist!

its just that now the language part of memory is going as well.

thankfully i just roll with it and it doesn't bug me the way it used to. i figure if something is important enough............and why i write everything and i mean everything down, and have papers and books everywhere and must stay very organized, then all i have to do is remember where something is.

roll

sue

Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
chiro
walk, bike

I wanted to say that I don't reply to a lot of things here, but I do read it. I think everyone is doing a great job. I think that is what it is all about "fight the AS every way possible". I think when you give up that is when it wins.

Thanks everyone for all you do, it is an inspiration to me. Thanks to EricaK for starting this topic.

that's more than ok! sometimes (ok, all the time), i think i respond to too much! so it all evens out!

and the other sentiment, i feel the same way. you all are an inspiration to me. and my appreciations to erica as well for starting this! best exercise "team" i have ever been a part of! smile

sue

chiro
walk, bike
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Originally Posted By: EricaK
I was thinking that it's funny that your wife thinks biking in the rain makes you crazy. Has she seen the photo of you standing on ... was that Whitney?
LOL...My wife went on some of the less aggressive trips. No, that isn't Whitney. That is a pass named "Hell For Sure Pass" at 11,297 ft that we crossed on our way to Mount Goddard in 1994. The last section of the pass is in the picture below left, and yes it was hellish. There is a lake just before the pass and the fish were having a difficult time of it too. I caught one in the picture below right, but they looked like they were starving. Their heads were bigger than their bodies and they would strike at just a bare hook! I let this one go, but by the looks of him a gutting might have been more merciful.

John
Page 154 of 566 1 2 152 153 154 155 156 565 566

Moderated by  fyrfytr187, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (haydenk, 1 invisible), 125 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM