Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 151 of 566 1 2 149 150 151 152 153 565 566
Active_Member
Active_Member
Awesome!

Thanks alot for the info. I have found out about Montana after my aunt from Germany mentioned there are dedicated Radon Spas like the one you mentioned in Austria and very popular in Europe for treating AS. Although i read that radiation levels are much more higher in Montana, they have controlled "safe" levels of radiations in Germany and it's a week treatment i believe for 3 hours a day.

I've also found a personal blog of someone who visited the Bad Gastein and he said he was pain free for 9 months after that but he didn't keep up with his exercises which could have made the effects go up to a year. Im glad i know one more person who has benefited from Radon gas. I definitely want to try it.

Sorry to hijack the thread guys. BTW i will be starting to swim very soon as well.

Last edited by goztepe2002; 12/15/10 10:40 PM.
Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
Originally Posted By: Donette
Steve,

I SHOULD know this, but do you take LDN for your MS??

-Donette

I am not taking LDN. I asked my AS doctor about it, he knew nothing about it. I have not asked my MS doctor about it. I will try to remember next time I talk with her.

Steve Orchard, Running from AS & MS
EricaK Offline OP
Royal_AS_kicker
OP Offline
Royal_AS_kicker
Originally Posted By: Orch
[
I am not taking LDN. I asked my AS doctor about it, he knew nothing about it. I have not asked my MS doctor about it. I will try to remember next time I talk with her.

Butting in here to offer a suggestion. My doc didn't know about LDN, but printed out the info about what diseases it works for from this webpage , and I gave her the website to read. Tomorrow I'm taking her some more info from this site, because there are links to videos from the professional conference in... (Molly? Where was that again? ) Then it took two more visits before I was able to talk her into trying it, and my mobility is SO much better it's amazing. My cousin has had MS for 27 years, and she just started LDN in late September. She's having a good time with the improved energy. Good luck with your doc!

ANA+ RF+ Rh- HLAB27+
Dx JRA 1967, GAD 1997, AS 2009, HMs 2010, CPS 2013
pulmonary edema w/ NSAIDS 2009

Movin' it so I don't lose it!

Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Hello friends cheerleader Wed sstats KravMaga CB 60min. Gooooo team!;)

Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Glad he got a chuckle! wink Art always laughs bachelor said my looks are deceiving. My partners always are shocked at my strikes. He says I was a warrior in a past life. Ahh but I say to help me battle the AS monster in this life! smile

Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Ach touchschreen phone. I meant to type art says because not bachelor . Lol

Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
no problems!

see you are new here and want to say welcome!

it can be difficult initially to know where to post a question and this thread has taken many a detour over the months, though we always manage to report our movement here as well!

looks like donette addressed your question well, as she said, there are posts (mostly in the alternatives section of the forum) with lots of good details on others' experiences with the radon mines. if i lived close to one, i'd try it out. smile

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
i'll post this in a separate thread but wanted to interject that i went to the local rheumy today to get prescriptions renewed and asked him if after allowing me to take the LDN (his first) and me reporting its usefulness at helping the body get rid of inflammation, if he had prescribed it for anyone else. and though he hadn't heard of it before me a year ago, now he has prescribed it for another 3 of his patients. one patient had been trying to take it from him and an opiate through the pain center (without telling the two doctors about the other prescription) and so that hadn't worked out very well! and too early to tell for the other 2 patients.
here's a case of a doctor listening to a patient and incorporating something new into his practice because of us! i just think its great when we can all help one another out like this! smile

sue

Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
chiro
walk, bike
Originally Posted By: ladybuggie
My partners always are shocked at my strikes. He says I was a warrior in a past life. Ahh but I say to help me battle the AS monster in this life! smile

love it! smile

what a great quote!

sue

chiro
walk, bike
think all that talk of handicap parking hang tags really jinxed the tendons around my knees, so no walking for over a week now; trying to get the hamstring tendon enthesis behind the right knee under control and another attachment point at the top of the left knee under control.

so instead every day:

10 minutes of band exercises for the rhomboids and rotator cuff complex
and
20 minutes of dedicated stretching and rolling around on that foam roller

for a week now.

sue

chiro
walk, bike
Page 151 of 566 1 2 149 150 151 152 153 565 566

Moderated by  fyrfytr187, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 99 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,361,975 hmmm
1,319,726 OMG!!!!
709,316 PARTY TIME!