Moderators:
- Tim (Dotyisle)
- Chelsea (Kiwi)
- Megan (Megan)
- Wendy (WendyR)
- John (Cheerful)
- Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.
Topic Options
#422415 - 12/01/10 12:28 PM Enbrel and nausea
Cleaveland Offline
Apprentice_AS_Kicker

Loc: Minnesota
I had my first Enbrel injection a few days ago ad I am suffering from a foggy feeling and nausea. I called the nurses line and they said it was uncommon for that side effect and to call my rheumy. My rheumy tells me to take zofran for nausea. He said it was rare to have that response but every body is different. The pain is less, but it is hard to eat because of this feeling. Anyone else experience nausea or foggy brain? Does it get better with time?

Peace

Thomas Merton

#422417 - 12/01/10 01:48 PM Re: Enbrel and nausea [Re: Cleaveland]
Brandon Offline
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker

Loc: Afton, TN, USA
Yes and Yes. Everytime I have called humira or enbrel the nurse always says "thats not normal and to call your rheumy"
The first time or two I shot up with TNF's I had alot more side effects than later on. It does tend to get better but after 3 or 4 injections if its not tolerable you definitely need to look at a different tnf. Good luck and cheers!

#422452 - 12/01/10 05:57 PM Re: Enbrel and nausea [Re: Cleaveland]
MollyC1i Offline
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin

Loc: Brittany, France (since Nov 08...
It really makes one soooo angry that they can't fess upto the side effects of these drugs. What is the point of hedging and ditching like this...GGgrrrrrr Idiotic. Surely they realise that a simple google will reveal all? 13,700 'hits':-

Comprehensive and accurate information about Enbrel and Nausea for consumers and ... Nervous system side effects have included headache (17% to 20%) and ...
doublecheckmd.com/EffectsDetail.do?dname=Enbrel&sid=1... - Similar

Enbrel Side Effects
Enbrel Side Effects Report: 5205897-3,Cerebral disorder, Dizziness, Dysarthria, Dysphasia, Gait disturbance, Nausea Health Professional from UNITED KINGDOM ...
www.patientsville.com/medication/enbrel_side_effects.... - Similar

What Are the Side Effects of Enbrel®?
Nov 22, 2010 ... Many of the most common side effects of Enbrel®, such as pain, ... Gastrointestinal side effects may include anorexia, vomiting, or nausea. ...
www.wisegeek.com/what-are-the-side-effects-of-enbrel.... - Similar

Enbrel Side Effects | Drugs.com
Comprehensive and accurate Enbrel side effects information for consumers and ... (GI) side effects have included diarrhea (18.4%), nausea (10% to 20.86%), ...
www.drugs.com/sfx/enbrel-side-effects.html - Similar

Reported Enbrel Side Effects and Adverse Reactions - Other ...
Possible Enbrel side effects / adverse reactions in female. Reported by a physician from Canada on 2010-03-08. Patient: female. Reactions: Vomiting, Nausea ...
www.druglib.com/adverse-reactions_side-effects/enbrel... - Similar

Yes, and brain fog is another side effect of enbrel. So what are they playing at by hiding the truth from people. Me? Know what I'd do? Print off a raft of information and send it to em. One shakes one's head in disbelief at their nonsense. I am soooo angry that they play fast and loose in this manner - it's downright lies. There is NO point in having these so-called 'nurses' to go to if they refuse to answer questions in an honest fashion. I'd also complain to the pharma co making the drug. And I'd complain to my rheumy. Cause nausea is a *common reaction as indeed is brain fog.

#422479 - 12/01/10 07:53 PM Re: Enbrel and nausea [Re: Cleaveland]
snowshoe Offline
Platinum_AS_Kicker

Loc: Lost
I have called Nurse Enbrel several times and each time the answer was "call your dr." In fact, I thought I could do that job laugh2 I got the distinct impression there are few questions they will answer perhaps liability concerns regarding dispensing medical advice over phone rather than a grand conspiracy? Personally have never experienced nausea w/enbrel. Suggest reading through the voluminous pamphlet that comes with enbrel which discloses each and every side effect that has ever been reported. This is also on their website.

This bunny Kicks AS !

#422551 - 12/02/10 09:50 AM Re: Enbrel and nausea [Re: snowshoe]
alohaben Offline
ironchef

Loc: Connecticut, USA
the help line is really a dodge...at any 'personal' sort of stuff
they'll always say call the doctor.

they do give advice like ice and such but otherwise useless.

in 5+ years of enbrel i had 'weakness, nausea' response following the shot ONCE.

molly, in the lit they do a very good job of detailing common side effects, reactions etc...although ther are things like their pregnancy followup about which they give no data...and this lit comes packaged in every single box of the stuff.
ya ought to read this stuff.

#422567 - 12/02/10 11:37 AM Re: Enbrel and nausea [Re: alohaben]
MollyC1i Offline
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin

Loc: Brittany, France (since Nov 08...
Hi there Aloaben - yes, I do mostly read all the leaflets, and being in France, go to the 'net' for the translations/another viewpoint! No, 'what' made me hoppin mad was reading that nursie enbrel was of NO use/help what-so-ever. Seems like a straight cop out. So, what about those persons who possibly do not have access to the internet... No, not good enough. Nursie enbrel should be a *fount of information, not stuffing poor patient off to rheumy who is possibly upto eyes with other patients etc etc. Pointless having nursie enbrel. Get rid of her, save the pennies, put savings to better use elsewhere!

Now off soasp-box!

#422568 - 12/02/10 11:41 AM Re: Enbrel and nausea [Re: MollyC1i]
alohaben Offline
ironchef

Loc: Connecticut, USA
molly, they do give good advice to folks having trouble doing the shots....get an amateur to handle the syringe is one of the big learning parts of this all.

but yes, they are useless otherwise.

and enbrel has been doing data collection about pregnancy stuff for six/seven years without a peep of info

#422614 - 12/02/10 09:12 PM Re: Enbrel and nausea [Re: Cleaveland]
Megan Offline

Loc: Canada
Hiya Cleaveland, how are you feeling now? Any better?

I haven't personally experienced nausea from enbrel shots, I don't think. Although I do get nausea, but I get it even when I'm not on enbrel either, so I don't think I can blame the shots.

Just thought I would mention that even when people are given placebo injections, about a third of them will say they experienced nausea. Sometimes just the anxiety of doing your own shot can be enough to give us a queasy tummy. So... maybe hope that that's the reason because if that's the case, it should go away once those shots become the norm. But you could also be having a very real side effect to the shot too, so please don't think I'm minimizing your reaction. Either way, it's no fun at all.

I do hope that the zofran will take care of it though. That stuff works miracles for nausea.

Hope you feel better soon and can get some food into you.

Take care

#422616 - 12/02/10 09:14 PM Re: Enbrel and nausea [Re: alohaben]
Megan Offline

Loc: Canada
Hi Benny! How are you?

Originally Posted By: alohaben
and enbrel has been doing data collection about pregnancy stuff for six/seven years without a peep of info

Has it been that long already? Wow. I have to admit, I haven't done a search on that stuff in a very long time. Does make you wonder, doesn't it.

#422661 - 12/03/10 10:33 AM Re: Enbrel and nausea [Re: Megan]
Daisy51 Offline

Hi Cleveland, after my first injection I had severe brain fog for a few days and did feel a bit queasy, yet somehow I wasn't as tired or have as much pain. That reaction only lasted for the first shot, then I had site reactions, but they have pretty much stopped after a couple of months, now occaisionally a headache.

The hotline for enbrel they tell you to talk to your doctor but they always ask if they can record your side effect, so they are always researching our reactions, I guess thats partly how they come up with the stats for side effects.

Good luck and please talk to your doctor if you're worried.

Moderator:  Megan, WendyR 
Who's Online
1 registered (Sime), 133 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Mayo clinic
by jay_bharat
Today at 05:48 AM
Headaches from Humira
by baileyo
08/15/17 06:43 PM
Dr. Reveille
by Tnate
08/11/17 12:27 AM
Various questions, and about Candida