Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 121 of 566 1 2 119 120 121 122 123 565 566
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Wednesday stats: Krav CB: 60 min

Good morning friends!
I was too pooped out to post last night!Art was driving out to Uvalde in his route today so I had to drop him off at 420 am! sleep1 I was a zombie bug! sick1 But class was good yesterday. I feel like I have my mojo back! rainbow I need to be consistent with the classes. The last few weeks I was missing more and my body felt it. It has done so much to strengthen my back. Unfortunately, we have a colder morning today and a freeze for tonight and naturally my back let me know! eyes Took my pain med and I'm going to lay down and rest me weary bones! sleep1

Goooo team!! cheerleader

EricaK Offline OP
Royal_AS_kicker
OP Offline
Royal_AS_kicker
Originally Posted By: ladybuggie
I was a zombie bug! sick1 But class was good yesterday. I feel like I have my mojo back! rainbow

Yay KM wild woman! cheerleader

Go TEAM! clap

ANA+ RF+ Rh- HLAB27+
Dx JRA 1967, GAD 1997, AS 2009, HMs 2010, CPS 2013
pulmonary edema w/ NSAIDS 2009

Movin' it so I don't lose it!

Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
Ran early this morning 30:23 minutes for 3.23 miles. It was dark out so I carried a small flash light. I don't really like running in the dark, but sometimes I have to. Better than not running. I am going to head to the gym later for my 10 minutes of weights.

It is kind of depressing that I am so slow now. A few years ago I was very consistent at running about 8 minute miles. Now I sometimes run a 9 minute mile. I am just glad I can run, when I was first diagnosed with MS I could not run at all. My right leg did not work correctly.

Last edited by Orch; 11/18/10 04:58 PM.

Steve Orchard, Running from AS & MS
EricaK Offline OP
Royal_AS_kicker
OP Offline
Royal_AS_kicker
Originally Posted By: Orch
I am just glad I can run, when I was first diagnosed with MS I could not run at all. My right leg did not work correctly.

Yay! Way to kick that MS in the knee! cheerleader

(But do you HAVE to run in the dark? Yikes! eek2)

Go TEAM! clap

ANA+ RF+ Rh- HLAB27+

EricaK #420694 11/19/10 03:19 AM
EricaK Offline OP
Royal_AS_kicker
OP Offline
Royal_AS_kicker
Today? Sun. Victoria glittering across the Strait. Snow on the Olympics. Sigh. smile

tai chi - 30 minutes

Go TEAM! clap

ANA+ RF+ Rh- HLAB27+

Tinkerbell #420696 11/19/10 03:55 AM
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Hi Tink! cheerleader
Sorry it took me so long to respond. Busy week again.
As far as my hubby...18 yrs, and 3 kids later and he still has his moments every day of "ummm...where are the socks?" ack!! eyes They are so used to momma bug having things in a certain order. He's very helpful when I flare up. He's so good to me. Especially when i first got sick. Boy he took in alot. And he still does. But sometimes...eek! lol

Anywho...Exactly what type of class are you taking Tink? Is it a bootcamp or cardio?

My class is incredibly difficult. And for months I struggled. But I would never stop. The instructers always emphasize that even if you are tired, just slow down. So that helped me even though at the time it didnt feel like it. It's like reaching a new plateau if that makes sense. As far as the cardio...I HATE it. laugh2

Henry for example loves it. He's like an energizer bunny. And he does jogging in place but high knees. I simply cant do it. So i just march in place. Sometimes I try. But my knees are way too wobbly. Now for some insane reason I can do endless jumping jacks...is that what you mean by star jumping? rainbow It has helped my back and shoulders a tremendous amount. Breathing is a BIG part of it too. If you have the breathing down..then it makes it so much easier. In out, in out. For Buggy..I do the short puffs and it helps. When you are out of breath stand upright and put your hands over your head or crossed behind your neck. You get more oxygen that way as opposed to what most folks do which is lean forward with hands on knees. yes

Stretching. I've been doing this for a little over a year and my flexibility is still the SAME. lol. I have AS to thank for that. I cant touch my toes. I cant even get half way. I've accepted it. My instructers dont get mad..they know I try. Do what you can...pay no mind to what the others can do. I have ladies that are like pretzels and i just pfffft it off..show offs! Lol laugh2 We lay on the floor reaching for toes. The lifting of the back leg ala flamingo style. All the stretching helps. So try to do as much as you can. It really HELPS with your recovery the next day. Its like a good hurt.

What do 500g equal to in lbs? I use 1lbs or 2lbs. And with a hard class it feels like 20! But dont ever feel bad if you cant use them. You work yourself up to it. I couldnt do pushups for almost 6 months. I did modified. But it helped my back the most. That and the jumping jacks. When they do lunges..buggie wants to cry..so I do half...or I just do a squat. They offer us that option to. I understand your pain and thinking maybe you are over your head..but you are trying and that is when you should pat yourself on the back! I see folks that are healthy and whining or quitting. So you even trying is to be commended! hugss

I do alot of bag work and thats my favorite part. It has helped build muscle in these chicken wings of mine. But sometimes they use a stepper. And they'll tell us if you cant jump on and off or side to side...then tap it side to side or step on and off. The key is not to stop. They tell us if it hurts and you want to cry from the soreness then its a good thing. Because you are working through the pain. I used to think they were nuts. But they were right. After awhile you get past it. Not the same as if your back is having spasms from doing it or you are out of breath, or you are in pain as in it hurts you in a bad way. I hope this makes sense?

Because we do situps...and I have a VERY hard time with my si joints. They ALWAYS hurt. But I know that I have to use a mat on top for comfort if not I'll be a wreck the next day. Do you do situps? If so ..here's a tip: folks have a tendency to stop when they are tired flat on their back out of breath. BIG mistake. You dont want to get up then. Keep your shoulders in a rolled position and keep rolling up each time barely touching the mat. If you do that you work through that hard part and you get a burst of energy. Alot stop and are out of breath and then start all over then their backs hurt even more. But when you keep it ligth and breath through your core all the time (your abs) and breathe out as you are sitting up...it makes a world of difference! roll

Sorry to ramble. Trying to offer everything I've learned through blood sweat and tears lol laugh2 If you have any q's feel free to ask me or pm me any ol' time! We also use resistance bands. I use the weakest. I dont care. Still do the same one I started with. My shoulders cant handle more. And its better than some that use the harder ones but then they have to jerk or pull their body back hard to pull it and thus defeating the purpose of working the muscles properly. Same with weights. I use the yellow band that is beginners but i have definition and breaks in my biceps, triceps and shoulders are defined. Something I never thought I would see again even when I was healthy many moons ago at the gym. rainbow

Hope this helps a bit...
your sporting bug is proud of ya' and everyone here! cheerleader gooo team!!

Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Way to go Erika!! cheerleader
You are an inspiration to buggy! I wish there was a pool I could use at Krav! yes I love a warm pool in winter!! heart

Goooo team!! rainbow

Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Way to go Steve!! cheerleader
Great job!! Try not to feel too depressed about it. I remember when you were dx with the MS...it was after one of the biologics right? The great thing is you can now! And we're all rooting for you!! rainbow

Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Originally Posted By: EricaK
Did you know that purple potatoes make lavender mashed potatoes, but purple string beans turn green when you cook them? It's a curious fact that I would love an answer for if anyone has one.

one simple possibility could be that some colors change color depending on pH, that's how pH indicators work, a dye that's one color at one pH and another at another. like for example red cabbage is red if you add a little vinegar, keep it acidic, otherwise it turns blue.

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
i am impressed that you are running. even when i ran in my late teens and early 20s i was running 10 minute miles, was going for distance, never that interested in the time, good thing for me! good for you to be running! clap cheerleader 1cup

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
Page 121 of 566 1 2 119 120 121 122 123 565 566

Moderated by  fyrfytr187, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 99 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,361,975 hmmm
1,319,726 OMG!!!!
709,316 PARTY TIME!