Moderators:
- Tim (Dotyisle)
- Chelsea (Kiwi)
- Megan (Megan)
- Wendy (WendyR)
- John (Cheerful)
- Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#416858 - 10/21/10 06:40 PM radon therapy in jachymov
finnari Offline
Veteran_AS_Kicker

Loc: phoenix
has anyone besides luigi done it lately. I havent heard from him for a while. I am seriously considering going in jan. i figure it could give me up to a year of relief and by then mabe the stem cell transplant protocol could be done by dr. burt.

#417136 - 10/24/10 05:51 AM Re: radon therapy in jachymov [Re: finnari]
Luigi Offline
Journeyman_AS_Kicker

Loc: USA
Hey Finnari- RC Pilot was there back in April. Let me know if you need any information!

Luigi

#417589 - 10/28/10 10:38 AM Re: radon therapy in jachymov [Re: Luigi]
finnari Offline
Veteran_AS_Kicker

i sent you a message luigi

#418898 - 11/08/10 12:43 PM Re: radon therapy in jachymov [Re: finnari]
finnari Offline
Veteran_AS_Kicker

booked my stay jan.10-31.

anyone else want to come spend some time in the exciting town of jachymov in the middle of the winter getting naked in radon baths it would be great!!

#419574 - 11/12/10 10:50 AM Re: radon therapy in jachymov [Re: finnari]
Auzivision Offline
New_Member

Loc: Indianapolis, USA
Is this the one in Czech Republic?

I like the idea of this one in that you don't have to go down into the mines. To me, the least comfortable aspect of going into the Heilstollen was the train ride into the mountain. Something about a long slow ride into hot, humid, close quarters with non-english speaking people got to me a little.

I donít think I can swing Jan 2011, but am seriously thinking about returning to Europe to give this a try. Please do keep us posted on how this goes for you.

#419746 - 11/13/10 09:56 AM Re: radon therapy in jachymov [Re: Auzivision]
finnari Offline
Veteran_AS_Kicker

I just booked my flight so I cant back out. Looking forward to it. Three week adventure!!

BTW it is the one in Czech. I choose it because of the experiences of luigi and the fact is has the highest concentration of radon.

Edited by finnari (11/13/10 10:21 AM)

#420105 - 11/15/10 07:58 AM Re: radon therapy in jachymov [Re: finnari]
Auzivision Offline
New_Member

Sounds like you have the right attitude to make an adventure out of this. I hope all goes well and look forward to your report.

Between here and a few other websites, it appears that only a handful of people have tried radon and posted. If your experience is anything like mine in Austria, youíll see many people with AS. I probably saw more people with AS on my one little train ride in Austria than Iíve seen in my entire life in the USA times two. Thatís not saying much considering I can still count all the people Iíve met with AS on my fingers. Anyhow, Iím pretty sure more European AS patients are treated per day with radon than AS patients post on these forums.

I guess my point is what seems fairly radical here is considered fairly normal over there.

#420117 - 11/15/10 09:39 AM Re: radon therapy in jachymov [Re: Auzivision]
finnari Offline
Veteran_AS_Kicker

Originally Posted By: Auzivision
Sounds like you have the right attitude to make an adventure out of this. I hope all goes well and look forward to your report.

Between here and a few other websites, it appears that only a handful of people have tried radon and posted. If your experience is anything like mine in Austria, youíll see many people with AS. I probably saw more people with AS on my one little train ride in Austria than Iíve seen in my entire life in the USA times two. Thatís not saying much considering I can still count all the people Iíve met with AS on my fingers. Anyhow, Iím pretty sure more European AS patients are treated per day with radon than AS patients post on these forums.

I guess my point is what seems fairly radical here is considered fairly normal over there.

how long did it work for you?

#420163 - 11/15/10 02:04 PM Re: radon therapy in jachymov [Re: finnari]
Auzivision Offline
New_Member

I only checked it out while on a ski trip. I went on one Ďexploratoryí visit into the mine. In order to be clinical, I think they recommended something like 7 exposures over a two week period. So I didnít notice anything either way, although I was a little beat the afternoon after my visit. Iíd thought Iíd hike around town, but ended up taking a nap instead (thatís not like me).

Iíve contemplated about going back, but that would require me to save and plan a little. So far Enbrel, swimming, and some Celebrex seems to be working pretty good. If there was enough interest, I wouldnít mind trying to organize a group trip there. Even if only a few American went at the same time it could be more enjoyable.

Thatís one of the reasons I really interested in your feedback. There are so few data points to make a decision uponÖ even after seeing it firsthand. I know in the back of my mind I always have that option and wouldnít hesitate to use it if everything else quits working. Although, I have to sayÖ the skiing there is nothing to write home about.

#420274 - 11/16/10 09:51 AM Re: radon therapy in jachymov [Re: Auzivision]
finnari Offline
Veteran_AS_Kicker

Yea enbrel is a miracle medicine. I have been on it for 10 years but it has reduced it's effectiveness. I tried going off it this summer doing the NSD diet and it was a disaster. I have never been in so much pain. I am back on it and I say it works around 50 percent still. But my plan is to go off of it about a month before radon. I hope I dont suffer too much. But from the feedback of luigi and the evidence this could have the same effect that enbrel originally did.

but your right the committment is big. I am going for three weeks. that's a long time and a lot of money.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Megan, WendyR 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 83 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Weak legs
by fonzy
10/13/20 01:14 PM
Fever from AS flares
by sBrian
10/04/20 10:36 AM
VACCINE for COVID-19--CONCERNS
by DragonSlayer
09/30/20 10:29 AM
Are AS and Ulcerative Colitis connected at all ?
by MarkyT
08/13/20 06:14 PM
juvenile idiopathic arthritis Enthesitis-related
by Missalicia
07/31/20 12:21 AM
How many of us had / have covid?
by DonCA
07/23/20 03:19 AM
As Patient You Tube Channel- brand new. all welco
by kristenlittle
06/14/20 07:58 PM
(Views)Popular Topics