Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 98 of 566 1 2 96 97 98 99 100 565 566
EricaK Offline OP
Royal_AS_kicker
OP Offline
Royal_AS_kicker
Originally Posted By: Just73
I surf and it's the best thing for AS
...last Sunday I had an hour in the water, now my ribs are sweet!

Right on! Another surfer! cheerleader Glad you're here. yes

Go TEAM! clap

ANA+ RF+ Rh- HLAB27+
Dx JRA 1967, GAD 1997, AS 2009, HMs 2010, CPS 2013
pulmonary edema w/ NSAIDS 2009

Movin' it so I don't lose it!

EricaK Offline OP
Royal_AS_kicker
OP Offline
Royal_AS_kicker
Originally Posted By: ladybuggie
i LOVE jumping jacks
cheerleader

Me, too! yes

Go TEAM! clap

p.s. My sister came out of surgery recovery today speaking Spanish ~~~ teehee, her husband of the last 15 years didn't even know she knew how. He said, "oh no, she's not talking right, maybe she had a stroke" and I started laughing and told him what she said ~~~ grin2

ANA+ RF+ Rh- HLAB27+

EricaK Offline OP
Royal_AS_kicker
OP Offline
Royal_AS_kicker
eek2
Originally Posted By: LATH
Tuesday: 7 miles
eek2

How do you feel now? cheerleader

Go TEAM! clap

ANA+ RF+ Rh- HLAB27+

Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
oh my goodness! that is a lot of walking! it must have felt so good to do that today! clap

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
that sounds like excellent exercise and so much fun!

i think you are correct about the ribs, sitting here too long to create an exam for my class tomorrow, my ribs are complaining; sitting up straighter is helping, but not sitting would help the very most!

sue

Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
chiro
walk, bike
how is your sister doing now? hope she is recovering nicely!

and glad you had a chance to go swimming. one of the things i like about hotel pools is that they are usually a few degrees warmer than gym pools. my favorite hotel pool is at one of the sheratons in boston, they use salt water instead of chlorine in both the pool and hottub, so much nicer!

sue

chiro
walk, bike
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Decorated_AS_Kicker
I feel good. Walking is one thing I can still do (with the help of Humira). We normally do a 2 mile morning walk and then the same in the afternoon. There was a group walking at noon...so I said what the heck. I was going to skip the afternoon 2 mile, but someone wanted to go...what the heck.

I just wish I could regain some more flexibility of my upper back and neck so that I could comfortably ride my road bike. My rheumy thinks upper body exercise will help, but it seems like a very difficult accomplishment.

John
i know what you mean about the walking; even last fall with my upper back / rib issue, couldn't sit or lay so i walked, and walked, and walked some more. it was odd, who ever heard of an illness where so long as you're in perpetual motion, you're better!

as for the upper back and neck flexibility and biking. my husband has a disc problem, leaning over the tenspeed was bad for his back/neck, so he took the bike in, got upright handlebars put on it, has helped his back/neck a lot. i've also seen those rather funky recumbent bikes. but you do ride a bike sometimes i've noticed, is that a different bike? or is it the road bike and it just hurts to ride it.

i'd say be patient with the exercises. i slowly saw an improvement when i was always doing the exercises. now back to them again, except anything requiring my wrists, after 4 years of injuring it, the left ulnar wrist is only ok if i don't stress it, so that means bands, wall pushups, wall and corner stretches are all out, but i've been doing my spinal twists on the floor still, and using gravity by laying on that foam roller, that's helpful. maybe a short course of PT? could that be helpful? soft tissue work, joint mobilization, and the right exercises?

sue

chiro
walk, bike
Gold_AS_Kicker
Gold_AS_Kicker
Quote:
I went to the neurologist today. Checking on the MS, and making sure the Avonex is not causing more problems than it is solving. She is amazed that I can still run. I am just grateful that I can run. I do have some minor balance issues, but not bad.

I went to a sports exhibition at the weekend and one stand were demonstrating Power Balance Magnetic Bracelets. It was the first time I had ever seen/heard of them. I don't know how expensive they are and if they actually work! lol But it just sprung to mind when you mentioned your balance issues, so I thought I would mention it.

KickAS and help others do the same!
this summer at one of the many arts and crafts festivals, i bought a magnetic bracelet, mainly because it was made of picasso jasper, all different shades, very pretty. i figured it would be good to test out this magnet theory. the claims are that it can help a number of issues at the systemic level including inflammatory arthritis if it is worn near pulse points. i found that to be a stretch, but thought maybe it would help the joint it is near. i wear it on my right wrist, as it would interfere with my watch. it does nothing for me, not even my dq tendonitis or right ulnar wrist pain that it is near. nothing. does it work for others? no idea? but mine was supposed to be the double strength one, and it does nothing for me. but it is very pretty, all various shades of grey and tan and cream colored stone beads with silver beads in between; that is the main reason i bought it, would have even if it were not magnetic. but it did give me the opportunity to test the theory.

sue

chiro
walk, bike
Page 98 of 566 1 2 96 97 98 99 100 565 566

Moderated by  fyrfytr187, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 99 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,361,975 hmmm
1,319,726 OMG!!!!
709,316 PARTY TIME!