Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 91 of 566 1 2 89 90 91 92 93 565 566
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Originally Posted By: LATH
My rheumy says I need to exercise my upper back and neck. I spoke with her about the baseline stiffness that never seems to go away in those areas. I see the Daily Exercises on this site. Let me know if you have any other ideas for developing more flexibility in the upper back and neck.

if you can swim, i found nothing better, too bad it makes my SI irritable these days.

my left upper back / neck has been one of my worst areas since this all started back in 1998. one of the first things i did was a quick movement that partially tore my rhomboid. PT and physiatrist helped it a lot in the early 2000s. i had lots of active triggerpoints for one, that induced muscle spasms for another, that weakened the muscles. had a lot of work done back there that you probably don't need.

but, band exercises are great for gentle strengthening.

and i did all the various stretches over the years, spinal twist maybe the best one.

but still my ribs were subluxating. so now, this chiro doing active release technique is gently breaking up all kinds of fibrous tissue, mobilizing joints, all kinds of wonderful things, pretty gently too. and his mantra is increased flexibility / stretching. so bought this foam roller and i lay on it and it really opens up my chest. so back to more stretching, but even better this time. and a good PT and/or chiro can really do wonders to help us along. but a good one, there really is a difference in quality out there.

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
finally! a walk! 1.5 miles, 30 minutes.

i had been waiting for my philly to call for the last few days and didn't want to miss the call, so i had missed my walk, so good to be able to go out today, rain and dark and all!

sue

Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
chiro
walk, bike
Gold_AS_Kicker
Gold_AS_Kicker
What time of day do you usually walk, Sue? Is it first thing in the morning? I would love to have time for a walk in the morning to clear the cobwebs... I am not a morning person at all it takes me a long time to come around!

KickAS and help others do the same!
hi tink! exactly the opposite, rather at sunset when i can, lately though it seems like its a bit later than that, start out in the light, end up in the dark, but as it gets dark earlier and earlier each day, wondering if somehow i should find the time before work, that would be such a new concept for me, just not sure i have it in me to do, so planning on getting an indoor stationary recumbent bike instead for those winter months.

sue

chiro
walk, bike
Gold_AS_Kicker
Gold_AS_Kicker
Makes more sense that you walk in the evening! And now I come to think of it you often mention sunsets you see on your walks!! Silly me crazy It was morning time for me and that's as far as my brain went!

I must admit I am a bit of a fair weather walker - I love walking when it's really sunny with a lovely cool breeze or when it's a bit of a chilly autumn day but still nice and bright, so you warm up quickly as you walk! Walking in the dark, cold and rain does not sound such a pleasurable prospect eek2 I think you might be as well to retire indoors in the winter.

I swim in the summer (it's an outdoor pool) and have started my gym class, but I am really a walker. I love spotting things as you walk, as I know you do. We used to go on a woodland walk every Sunday after dinner when I was a kid. I try to take my girls out for a walk as often as I can. They are loving the crunchy leaves at the moment!

EricaK Offline OP
Royal_AS_kicker
OP Offline
Royal_AS_kicker
Walk: 4 ~ Walk: 4
Woohoo!

Good job LATH! cheerleader

Go TEAM! clap

ANA+ RF+ Rh- HLAB27+
Dx JRA 1967, GAD 1997, AS 2009, HMs 2010, CPS 2013
pulmonary edema w/ NSAIDS 2009

Movin' it so I don't lose it!

EricaK Offline OP
Royal_AS_kicker
OP Offline
Royal_AS_kicker
My rheumy says I need to exercise my upper back and neck ~ Let me know if you have any other ideas for developing more flexibility in the upper back and neck.

Swimming & Tai Chi are AWESOME for neck and upper back. cheerleader

...or maybe you could walk part of the way on your hands??? laugh2 I crack myself up.

Go TEAM! clap

ANA+ RF+ Rh- HLAB27+

EricaK Offline OP
Royal_AS_kicker
OP Offline
Royal_AS_kicker
Originally Posted By: Sue22
finally! a walk!

Woohoooo!!!!! cheerleader

Go TEAM! clap

ANA+ RF+ Rh- HLAB27+

EricaK Offline OP
Royal_AS_kicker
OP Offline
Royal_AS_kicker
Originally Posted By: Sue22
Originally Posted By: Tinkerbell
Thanks so much for thinking of this team idea Erica, you are totally inspirational to everyone.

I second that!

Originally Posted By: Tinkerbell

It's so nice to see regular members who come on almost every day (you know who you are guys) and also to see new people joining all the time! And of course everyone in between! Just can't say enough good things about this thread!

i second that too!

Awwww.... While I'm tempted to take a bow, the truth is that you're all saving my butt...literally! hrtballon And my back. cheerleader And my sanity. yes I love you all for keeping me afloat. I was batspit crazy when I got here in early summer. Not kidding, I truly thought I was going crazy. eek2 And all ya'll here have saved my bacon. I think about you all every single day. clap I thank you, my family thanks you, and my non-KickAS friends thank you. heart hugss

Go TEAM! clap

ANA+ RF+ Rh- HLAB27+

Gold_AS_Kicker
Gold_AS_Kicker
heart

Page 91 of 566 1 2 89 90 91 92 93 565 566

Moderated by  fyrfytr187, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (haydenk), 62 guests, and 84 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM