Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
Black_Belt_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Black_Belt_AS_Kicker
J
Does anybody know where there is a picture of 'sausage toes' on the Internet?

Love Joanne

My name is Joanne and I am about to go for tests for AS. Any advice would be much appreciated
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
http://www.aafp.org/afp/990800ap/499.html

Might find this useful Joanne - good article as well as. If require more info, then google search, a raft of info out there.

MollyC1i - Riding OutAS
Gold_AS_Kicker
Gold_AS_Kicker
Hi Molly!

After reading that article it seems a "miracle" I ever got a diagnosis. Unbelievable how involved these diseases are and how closely they can mimic each other.

Mind boggling.

-Donette

J
Black_Belt_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Black_Belt_AS_Kicker
J
I am not sure with this sausage to thing. My skin is porcelain white and if my shoes rub slightly my toes become red. But this I am sure is just my shoes rubbing

Having said that I have one toe in particular that is next too my big to that feels far more rigid and straighter than the other toes and does not bed as easily as the rest. The big toe next to it gets a sharp pain in the joint sometimes when I am driving

Neither of these toes gives me great anxiety, the pain from them is far less then the problems I have with my sacroiliac and even my knee joints but I have been wondering if this could be a mild case of sausage toe

I do not get enormous problems with my achilis heal but when my limp is bad on this same foot with the straight toe and painful big toe my foot can bend inwards and from the back of my foot, along the top and to my toes can be very painful and stiff

I have not had these problems since I have eradicated the starch all together but I am thinking maybe I should make not of this on my list

I am supposed to be seeing a 'real' Rhumatologist shortly

Thank you Molly your article has helped me clarify a few things

Love Joanne

My name is Joanne and I am about to go for tests for AS. Any advice would be much appreciated
maybe instead of reporting "sausage toes", rather describe the symptoms to the doctor, let the doctor "dx" it as she/he sees fit. i find that the doctors like it better if we just describe the symptom and tell the story and then if it has been dx'ed by another doctor then report, "dr X told me that i tore my rotator cuff". whenever i say "i tore X tendon", the doctor always asks how i know, good thing i've always run to the physiatrist every time i had a major tear, just to be dx'ed and have that in my record, if nothing else. often i had to heal it on my own using the tools i had been taught by the PTs and doctors. so, go to a doctor, describe your symptom(s) and let them dx it, get it into your files. that's my advice. good luck to you! hugss

Last edited by Sue22; 10/09/10 05:52 AM.

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
Supreme_AS_Kicker
Supreme_AS_Kicker
Originally Posted By: Sue22
maybe instead of reporting "sausage toes", rather describe the symptoms to the doctor, let the doctor "dx" it as she/he sees fit. i find that the doctors like it better if we just describe the symptom and tell the story and then if it has been dx'ed by another doctor then report, "dr X told me that i tore my rotator cuff". whenever i say "i tore X tendon", the doctor always asks how i know, good thing i've always run to the physiatrist every time i had a major tear, just to be dx'ed and have that in my record, if nothing else. often i had to heal it on my own using the tools i had been taught by the PTs and doctors. so, go to a doctor, describe your symptom(s) and let them dx it, get it into your files. that's my advice. good luck to you! hugss

Yes, what Sue says....doctors really hate to have patients diagnose themselves. Always give the symptoms and let them do the diagnosing. After all, you are PAYING them to do the work.

A few years ago, I found this horrid wound at the base of my tailbone after a shower. It was night and I couldn't call to make an appt till morning, so I started the symptom checker on webMD. Finally narrowed it down to pilonidal cyst and was pretty sure about it. Went to doc in the morning and told him what had happened, showed him the wound and he said 'looks like a pilonidal cyst'. I told him then that I was concerned about it and had done the webMD thing online and that's what it came up with. He chuckled. I can go in and tell him I've got a sinus infection or a UTI and he's okay with that because I have a history of them. But if I'd gone in that time and said I have a pilonidal cyst, he would have been pissed off. I've pissed him off before in a different situation.

Be careful how you approach doctors regarding diagnoses. Some are more traditional and want to do the diagnosing on their own.

DX: Psoriatic Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Psoriasis
Meds: MTX since Oct 2009, 15mg/week. Cimzia-restarted after 2 yrs away.
Epidural Steroid Injections x8; Lumbar Radiofreq Ablation x2
SIJ Steroid Injection x3; Bilateral Radiofreq Ablation SIJ x9
C
Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
C
Definitely agree with Sue and Rumble - describe the symptoms in your own words and absolutely avoid suggesting a medical term for it. NHS may have an "expert patient" programme, but most doctors in the UK really don't like patients who appear to know too much. I'd also not admit to looking up anything on the internet - if they think you have googleitis as well that definitely turns them off!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 64 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?