Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#411915 09/11/10 11:50 AM
You are right Kevin. I am on MTX so my doc has labs done every 3 months. Adding a tablet of folic acid to the mix helps the liver functions.

Keep Kickin'AS
Chris

Sue22 Offline OP
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
OP Offline
well then i'm glad i'm on a drug (zanaflex) that requires it, so i never had to push the issue! while my musculoskeletal system might be falling apart, its nice to know, at least for now, that i have a nice healthy liver! since i have a polyp in my gallbladder, i have to have an US every so often. last time i did, the surgeon showed me how nice and healthy my liver looked in the US! yay for healthy livers! smile (said quietly though, as knowing all the drugs could catch up with me. but also knowing the liver is resilient and if that happens, often coming off the culprit drug can let the liver bounce back.)

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
Sue22 #412044 09/12/10 02:41 AM
A
Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
A
Up until recently, I was taking 6-MP for my UC. I learned to take Milk Thistle after I had some funky liver enzymes turn up on a blood test. My GI had me getting test every 3 months. After taking the Milk Thistle, the test was back to normal. I was so relieved. My GI was going to make me quit taking the 6-MP and I was terrified of going back to living on the toilet again.
Donna

Donna
Cherish your yesterdays,
Dream your tomorrows,
But live your todays.
Do the very best you can
leave the rest to God.
God Bless,
#414849 10/04/10 06:01 PM
S
Copper_AS_Kicker
Copper_AS_Kicker
S
my doc scripted these but insurance wont pay for them LOL!! just cant [*bleep*] win!!!

AS & Fibro. NSD + no sugar
Are you kidding!! That's just wrong!!

Keep Kickin'AS
Chris

Sue22 Offline OP
OP Offline
very very sorry! mad

i've only had two things rejected by insurance thus far recently, but one was a test where another test was almost as good so we did that one instead and the other was IF stim, but my pain got better and so gave it back when i felt better.

but as for the flector patches, at this point either i'd be dysfunctional, need cortisone injections every 6 months, or need an oral antiinflammatory, as without the flector patches, my SI joint was rendering me useless.

best advice i can give, write a letter of petition. i did that about 10 years ago for the vioxx, explaining why i couldn't take nsaids, and was approved after my doctor sent in that letter, written by me but with her signature on it. maybe you can do the same describing why you need them?

good luck! but i'm still very irritated for you! mad

sue

Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
chiro
walk, bike
Sue22 #415069 10/06/10 04:38 AM
S
Copper_AS_Kicker
Copper_AS_Kicker
S
thanks for the suggestion. ill ask her if she can tweek anything first.

funny how drug seekers can lie/fake to get pain killers and such. then get them paid for thru either self paid or goverment paid insurance and turn around abd sell them on the street. but yet here i painfully stand.... rejected. unbelievable!

AS & Fibro. NSD + no sugar
Sue22 Offline OP
OP Offline
yes, i know. my rheumy wouldn't even consider the flector patches, would only let me have lidocaine paches which did nothing. he was convinced i didn't have inflammation in my SI. had to get the old GP to prescribe them. only after i had been using them successfully, only then would the rheumy consider prescribing them.

sue

chiro
walk, bike
Sue22 #415177 10/06/10 11:45 PM
A
Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
A
My insurance charges more for the Flector patches and the Voltarian Gel. Neither one is on the formulary list so it is double what I would pay for a regular, name brand med.

To add insult to injury, the will only let me have 1/2 an Ambian/day. When my GP gave me the script, he made it for 3 refills. I didn't have any problems until I tried to get the 3rd refill. They would only give me 15 for the month. They still charged me the full $10 copay though. The clerk at the drug store said it had something to do with my age. By then I had been taking the Humira and was feeling better, so I didn't bother my GP about protesting the 1/2 pills.
Donna

Last edited by avonldy; 10/06/10 11:47 PM.

Donna
Cherish your yesterdays,
Dream your tomorrows,
But live your todays.
Do the very best you can
leave the rest to God.
God Bless,
avonldy #415178 10/06/10 11:55 PM
Sue22 Offline OP
OP Offline
yeh, my flector patches are pretty pricey too, even with the insurance. at the top of the tier ladder. but would be a lot more without insurance i believe.

and besides, for me, there are only a handful of things that make a big impact and flector patches are one of them. so i'll pay what i have to to get them, so long as i can afford it.

sorry to hear about the ambian! who makes these decisions! mad

sue

chiro
walk, bike
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  fyrfytr187, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 46 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)