Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 41 of 566 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 565 566
Sue22 #408973 08/21/10 05:53 AM
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
nothing like a little lightning to get our booties moving eh? no glad u got home in time! heart

trust me ..years ago there was a horrible flooding..i believe it was in 98'. i went with the intentions of a breakfast at dennys with my mom and Gianna...only had her then. boy! all of a sudden the rain hit. my mom's battery to her trooper went dead and we were stuck at dennys. literally for hours. then we start seeing helicopters. weather alerts. we were right off loop 410 and perrin beitel road. a little incline but not much. enough to have saved us. right under the highway they werent so lucky. they shut the highway down so my dad nor art could come get us. if you ever visit here theres a dip down at starcrest road...a cozy restaurant with big oak and cypress trees..that was UNDERWATER within an hour or so. no apartments were underwater.

we went there at 10an and were able to head back when they opened highway back up at 630! scary part was driving home and seeing huge oak trees and chunks of oak trees and pecan trees ON the highway. eek2 it was the scariest weather i've ever seen. before then i enjoyed shopping in rainy weather. but this was unforeseen and catastrophic. needless to say ever since then, i get nervous with heavy rain or lightning..this buggy flutters home...and quick! laugh2

EricaK #408974 08/21/10 05:55 AM
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
thanks erika..funny i havent heard from her today! hehehe. laugh2 she'll be back monday i'm sure. she works long hours and this heat is unreal over here in te'jas right now! no

i'm super happy to have a partner in some classes as i hate having to wander around asking till someone accpets bug. must be these chicken wings of mine. laugh2

LATH #408976 08/21/10 05:57 AM
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
wow lath...all i can say...is you are hardcore man! cheerleader eek2 cheerleader lots of work done! awesome job!
i miss my hubby these last couple weeks even more. our gazebo flew off b/c he hadnt had a chance to secure it properly. tore. and i need to get it edged -the yard. but his hours are so long now.

hope the body keeps willing and is able to let u get the work u want done! clap

EricaK #408977 08/21/10 05:58 AM
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
yahoo tai chi and yoga!! cheerleader

LATH #408978 08/21/10 06:03 AM
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
aww shucks...thanks lath. yeah its pretty insane. i dont know why its worked for me but it has. arthur says its b/c there is no direct stress to my back or hips or si joints. they are drill sergeants no doubt, but they ALWAYS ask you if you are new, what your limitations are, any injuries, etc; rainbow

i'm only in km 1 level but hope i can test soon! today is testing but i doubt i'll be ready. right hand is still acting up. it helps release so much stress. you know how the AS monster can test us...some days more than others. my kids were teasing me today..or in least the ringleader was..aka Gianna. She was imitating me how grumpy i get if i dont get that 30 min nap on flare up days. and how she runs fast ! laugh2 she's an athlete and soccer player. and she's afraid of kravmaga. lol laugh2 she said no thanks mommy..i'll just watch from here and cheer you on. laugh2

take care! smile

Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
wow, that's a scary weather story! i can understand your apprehension now!

i've got scary weather stories from when i lived in maryland and virginia, the threat of tornados, of course nothing like out in the midwest, but scary enough for me. a few close calls when we lived down there. when it does no damage, severe weather can be kind of exciting, but when it does damage, it definitely turns scary. the worst thing here are the ice storms. i lived up here until the fall of 1990, in the spring of 1991 they had a terrible ice storm. we came back in the summer of 2003, the spring before our return, another terrible ice storm. somehow we managed to miss them both. and the very worst virginia weather, a really bad flood and on another occasion, high winds, possibly a tornado, hit within the year or two after we left. i think we've been fortunate, my hubby thinks we've been unfortunate! but boy have i gotten caught in a few severe summer thunder storms in maryland, so dark and raining so hard, one literally couldn't see while driving.

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
Sue22 #408980 08/21/10 06:51 AM
today: walk: 3 miles, an hour and 15 minutes

don't get too excited though, fighting hard for my back not to get as bad as it was last fall when i was out of work for months on end. walking is the one thing that helps it. i thought the flare was over, but guess it screwed up my upper back enough to cause issues. and when i think i have it settled down with the KIP nsaid gel and ice during the day, i go to bed and wake up really bad. so tonight i need to start sleeping with an ice pack under the spot where i think i must have torn muscle and/or tendon back in 98', the spot that just hasn't ever healed up properly. prayers please!

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
Sue22 #408986 08/21/10 07:44 AM
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
prayers otw sue!
geez..this summer was supposed to be good for us! winter was nippy for texas this past one..and summer had everyoen excited. and we were grateful for all the rain! helped all my plants...but august came and wham! hit us with a huge slap of mugginess, humidity, and blasts of heat slapping our face if we even crack the front door open! eek2 killer on my joints!

my right thumb is now going on a whole week of super sharp pain. i have been wrapping. biofreeze didnt help. i think b/c of swelling. works great on my tspine. tried voltaren..helping slightly. but not enough. i dont want to go THERE with steroids again. eyes i cant even button my jeans or laundry without wincing. gianna helped me last 2 days. i cant even open my can of soda! thats just all kinds of wrong! eyes

hey, i read your post about the paraffin! my mom gave me one last year! thanks for reminding me sue! cheerleader at the time it was bad then it eased up and never pulled it out. its a nice big one too!! she got it through her insurance when she had carpal surgery done a few years ago. she didnt care for it as she doesnt have joint pain and it was predominently nerve pain for her. so she thought it would be great for me! i have to rummage my closet...i think i know where its at. kids are nuts right now...restless for school monday! so i'll crank that thing up monday if i can find the way or i'll find scented ones..now that would be real nice!!

have u every done the hot stone manicures? i got my nails done last week...a VERY rare treat but i had horrible cuticles. anyhow afterwards i saw that and a hot stone pedicure. i was contemplating getting the pedi one since my feet are in pain too lately.

good job anyhow sue!! cheerleader i hate that feeling too of trying to fight off a pain creeping up or the thought of it being like a similar flare up in the past. no i've been doing the last of back to school shopping and had to deal with angry and grumpy shoppers. one man honked madly b/c i got to the disabled parking first. i had my blinker on. i never raced him. i pulled up correctly. thing was i had my kiddos with me. stern uncalled for. he even circled back when we got off and yelled something at gianna. thinking she was older i am assuming!! mad she quickly turned around and told him "i'm sorry, my mom was here and you can find another spot--she has her tag!" she was a little stick of dynamite and i had to calm her down. but it was so ridiculous. we are ALL shopping. academy has about 50 disabled parking spots up front..but it was busy and people were leaving constantly. i was floored at peoples behavior. i guess i needed to roll out my paper saying i have AS, lung disease, etc. geez. eyes

hope u feel better! i'm hoping to catch kravmaga 1 class tomorrow morning before lil ones r up then bag class. thats if i can peel these ol' bones up. not looking that way so far! laugh2

Sue22 #409003 08/21/10 02:30 PM
EricaK Offline OP
Royal_AS_kicker
OP Offline
Royal_AS_kicker
Good job walking through the pain cheerleader , but don't hurt yourself worse! no

It's a fine balance this exercise vs. rest endeavor! yes

(It's always a trade off for me when I take a day off of swimming to rest, because I know that the next day I'll be stiff and sore and will only be able to swim half as far)

Go TEAM! clap

ANA+ RF+ Rh- HLAB27+
Dx JRA 1967, GAD 1997, AS 2009, HMs 2010, CPS 2013
pulmonary edema w/ NSAIDS 2009

Movin' it so I don't lose it!

EricaK #409052 08/21/10 08:36 PM
EricaK Offline OP
Royal_AS_kicker
OP Offline
Royal_AS_kicker
It's one of those crazy days here where the sun is shining over my house, but the fog bank is hovering over the next street toward the water. I imaging scary shark movie music when this happens.

My stats for today:
Swimming ~ 1,000 yds / 40 minutes
Walking ~ 1.5 miles / 40 minutes
tai chi ~ 10 minutes

I am supposed to be practicing tai chi for 30 minutes a day. Nobody tell my teacher! Shhhhhhh....

Go TEAM! clap

ANA+ RF+ Rh- HLAB27+
Dx JRA 1967, GAD 1997, AS 2009, HMs 2010, CPS 2013
pulmonary edema w/ NSAIDS 2009

Movin' it so I don't lose it!

Page 41 of 566 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 565 566

Moderated by  fyrfytr187, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 46 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts