Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 17 18
#398077 06/11/10 07:29 PM
L
Lon Offline OP
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
OP Offline
L
Beloved.
I have sent mail, studied, etc. been on phone.
I think it has been three days, since the stick below the tailbone. maybe.. I can mow just a little bit, while here at the church.
I get crampy, I break out in a sweat, I almost puke, I can't breath, i ache all stinking over. Everything spins..
Lin spends $4,000 to hear that I can't mow the grass at church???
When will it end.....

M
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Decorated_AS_Kicker
M
Had a conversation with my son today. There is a family here that are lifelong friends. They are very good people. All their lives they have helped anyone in need. One of their sons was robbed three years ago,and he was hit in the back of the head with a 2X4. He died a year later of complications from his injury. Their oldest daughter just died from food poisioning three months ago. I saw Larry and his wife this last sunday just after they attended sunday services. He shook my hand and wanted to know how my wife was and could they do any thing for us.
I asked Jake why it was some of the worst things happen to the best people. Jake looked at me and said I don't know Dad but you do see people suffer through horrible trials, I don't think it is our place to judge wether they are good or bad people. The pain and hurt is a trial for us all. We all need to push on and overcome the obstacles placed in our path for we are all here for a reason.
I think I am starting to realize why I hang out on the back row while Jake has no problem sitting up front. Hang on my friend there are many things for you to accomplish in this life.
ETTE.
Darrel.

Lon - how long was it supposed to take for that long needle/shot to take effect? It sounds like you're not improving - are you getting any benefit from it yet?

Really sorry to hear how poorly you're doing. hugss

Wendy

Rheumatoid Arthritis
Methotrexate, Celebrex, Plaquenil
Lon,

i hate to see you doing so poorly heart

you sound the way i felt this past fall, i wondered the same thing, but things did turn around for me, for now, i hope and pray the same for you hugss

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
Good Morning Lon

I'm sorry to hear that you are still suffering. I was praying that the injection would help you.

It could be that its just time to pass along the mowing duties to some of the younger members of your congregation. At our church the men have a monthly rotation for caring for the church yard, the shelter house, etc. and the ladies rotate through inside cleaning and baking duties. And a group also rotates monthly for taking communion to those in the nursing homes and shut ins. It works out very well and spreads the duties around so that nobody has to tackle a big chore alone. Just a thought my friend.

I pray that your doctors can help you and Lin find the answers and the relief that you want and deserve. You are great people your love and caring for your fellow man is well known.

You are very loved here.

I woke up this morning to find my little crippled white tail buck out back enjoying a moment at the mineral block that I keep at the edge of the trees in the back yard. He got hit by a car last winter and has a bum from leg now.

Haven't seen nor heard anything from the coyotes in awhile, but the fox are back so I guess they have moved out of the area for awhile. Dad still has a family of bobcats staying on his farm. He has caught them on game cameras several times recently.

Keep Kickin'AS
Chris

I
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
I
Originally Posted By: Lon
Beloved.
I have sent mail, studied, etc. been on phone.
I think it has been three days, since the stick below the tailbone. maybe.. I can mow just a little bit, while here at the church.
I get crampy, I break out in a sweat, I almost puke, I can't breath, i ache all stinking over. Everything spins..
Lin spends $4,000 to hear that I can't mow the grass at church???
When will it end.....

It doesn't end, Lon, it never ends, whether it be pain, life, or the after-life....;-(

And the pain, Wow! It can be all consuming, life changing, and for you, on your side of the world, the expense of a diagnosis’s, therapy, help, surgery...it's mind boggling; everything costs at every turn

And yet...

Life, with all it's joys, with all it's pains, is still something to be embraced, welcomed - no matter how much it hurts.

Take heart by much you are loved.

Hugs

Last edited by Irish; 06/13/10 01:13 AM.
Gold_AS_Kicker
Gold_AS_Kicker
My thoughts and prayers are with you and Lin. God won't give us more than we can handle, so if it makes you feel any better, God must think you are a ROCKSTAR!! (And so do I.)

Gentle Hugs,
Donette

ironchef
ironchef
br'er lon

well bubba. i like the idea of having some youngsters do the mowing; it's not like your superlon; you don't have to do everything, more powerful than a steam locomotive, faster than a speeding bullet, able to leap tall buildings.

teach good teachings, make great homilies, comfort the dire and desperate (including yourself)...be good, true to yourself and that which youcan...smell the peonies (if your snow's melted)

i'd send a prayer but that phone is disconnected and your roof might fall in.
so a hug and all my best

L
Lon Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Darrel,
So when I head down there some day, will Jake be in the neighborhood?????
I sure have a lot more questions than answers.
I am feeling a bit stronger today.
I am determined to beat this thing...
listen call you hear the mountains calling.......

I keep the New Covenant,
when I fail....I am pulled
back into place by HIM.
L
Lon Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Wendy-
I am better.
3 hour nap after church.....

How are you? How long of a ferry ride do you take?

I told Lin you might come to visit, and your hubby could measure out our kitchen and then ship them to us when he is done....lol

Thanks,

I keep the New Covenant,
when I fail....I am pulled
back into place by HIM.
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 17 18

Moderated by  Kiwi, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 99 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,361,975 hmmm
1,319,726 OMG!!!!
709,316 PARTY TIME!