Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Royal_AS_kicker
Royal_AS_kicker
Thanks Wendy. It was my pleasure. Just hope it's helpful!!!

Steel_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Steel_AS_Kicker
Thanks everyone. And thanks Jeanna. Very informative.
It did come on very suddenly and he didnt wake up with it.
I was told Friday night he was watching tv and went to roll a smoke and found he could use his hand. He has feeling in it its not numb or anything he just cant move it.
He is supposed to go to the hospital on Tuesday for his pre op app for colonoscopy but I doubt they will go ahead with it now untill they get his hand/arm sorted out.

K
kevin_A
Unregistered
kevin_A
Unregistered
K
Just in case you didn't know Jeanna is a Doctor so talks sense.

Kevin

Steel_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Steel_AS_Kicker
No I didnt know that thanks Kevin.

I know I am no doctor but being a lifesaver with top training and highest emergency training and quilifications I knew what this symptom pointed to. Thats why the family always rings me but I dont know why they bother if they aren't going to listen anyway.

It may not be a stroke but why take the risk.
I will pass on the info Jeanna wrote here and maybe they will listen to that.
Thanks again

K
kevin_A
Unregistered
kevin_A
Unregistered
K
No problem you take care of your self.

Kevin hugss hugss

Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
I wouldn't even begin to say given he is older and it could be the heart!

I would have said the same thing get to the hospital, these days there is so much they can do if you get there in time.

I hope everything turns out to be ok.

Lisa

Speak kindly, Live simply, Care deeply, Love generously, and BLAH, HA, HA, LOUDLY! every chance you get.

jeanna,

thanks so much for such a good thorough informative post. i know stroke is one of the things i've tried to educate myself on (diebetes and heart disease including blood clots, blocked arteries, and stroke run on both sides of my family) so i for one am greatly appreciative. though i'm only 47, i was finally able to convince my GP to allow me to get a carotid artery ultrasound, including the doppler US. though i've tried to eat well and exercise, my cholesterol, blood pressure, and blood sugar have all reached borderline levels, though i've been able to turn some of it around (nuts and walking, very low carb). but my grandmother had a major stroke in her early 50s, lost a lot of strength and function in her left hand and i think the left side in general, and i remember they had her squeezing a ball, telling her that she had parkinson's disease. it wasn't until a few years (5?) later when she had to be rushed into the hospital for quadrupple bypass surgery that they realized it had been a stroke. that's how bad her medical care was in that small town. though she died from complications of all of this in her 60s, i hope i've learned from her unfortunate experiences. i know i really had to argue with my doctor for that carotid artery ultrasound, waiting to hear the results, i do think right now i'm probably doing ok, but i'd rather be safe than sorry, this is one case where i don't think one can be too careful. recently i had an appointment to speak with a surgeon to discuss whether or not we should remove my gallbladder due to a small polyp (keeping it for now!) and after he thoroughly went over my entire medical history, he gave me two pieces of advice: 1) to get my musculoskeletal stuff taken care of (dx, etc, as he thinks its actually my most "troubling" problem) and 2) to have my heart checked out better, an EKG at the very least. I told him THANK YOU! Please put these recommendations in your letter to my doctors (GP, rheumy, endocrinologist, gastroenterologist); even if they won't listen to me, maybe they'll listen to you. its so nice to have a doctor who has your back heart

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
How's your grand-dad today, hon?

Dr. J is a treasure, is she not? We had the pleasure of watching our wee Jeanna grow-up here at KA, from plebeian med student to fully fledged doctor and married lady. smile

Hugs,

Kat

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
"Strictly Ballroom"

Steel_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Steel_AS_Kicker
He still can't use his hand yet. He has to go to another hospital for a neurologist app. But I'm not sure when that is.
He has his pre op app for colonoscopy today so who knows they may not be happy and may refer him for further tests.

I will let you all know what has caused this when we find out.

hugss That's for all of you.

Hugs,

Kat

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
"Strictly Ballroom"

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 64 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose