Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
manju
Unregistered
manju
Unregistered
M
What happens if i stop ANTI-TNF injections after using for a period of time like 1 year or 2 or 3 years?

What is the reaction and how does it take for AS to start after stopping ANTI-TNF?

Will my condition have a drastics reactio?

Gold_AS_Kicker
Gold_AS_Kicker
I only took Enbrel for 5 weeks, had to stop because of allergic reaction. It stopped my heart 4 times.

My doc gave me a big shot of steroids as we were leaving on a trip soon. He said when I "missed" that next Enbrel shot I would stiffen terribly. The steroids helped of course, but I avoid them like the plague now because they cause osteoporosis which speeds up fusing.

-Donette

HI Manju

I think if the anti tnfs work you need stop them unless there is a financial difficulty

but if they are not working on you i dont think there will be any worse effect on the existing condtions as precaution will be taken by the doctors

hope you get some benefits with the anti-tnfs

best of luck take care

Take Care Kesav
ironchef
ironchef
aloha, man

you don't say which one your taking...with enbrel the charts and data suggest that when you stop the med it takes about a month or so for you to return to your 'pre aTNF' state.

if you're not having an event/adventure/complication with the med and still can afford to buy the stuff ther's just no real reason to stop it IF IT'S WORKING WELL FOR YOU.
humpty

M
manju
Unregistered
manju
Unregistered
M
Thanks a lot for the valuable information, i have not yet started any anit-TNF med, and just wanted to know what i am getting into and what happens when i exist.

This is just a prcaution as i have grone through a lot of pain previously were doc's have never told me anything on diet and was also put on steriod for a whole 1 year. (this was 4 years back).

So i just want to get all the info before i can take any decision and also plan for it financially as in India we dont have any insurance which cover ANTI - TNF in private companies.

Thanks, apperciate all the info.

Hi

i am on the enbrel auto injectors 50ml weekly once

i have not yet stopped the treatment and not sure if i will be contd or stopping it

have an appointment with the doctor in first week of april

i am cover by the pbs in australia so cost is not an issue with me right now

have u used any of the anti tnfs

can u please share ur experience

Originally Posted By: alohaben
aloha, man

you don't say which one your taking...with enbrel the charts and data suggest that when you stop the med it takes about a month or so for you to return to your 'pre aTNF' state.

if you're not having an event/adventure/complication with the med and still can afford to buy the stuff ther's just no real reason to stop it IF IT'S WORKING WELL FOR YOU.
humpty

Take Care Kesav
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Generally, Manju, these meds are prescribed for longterm use (years). Those of us who have had good results will only stop them if we have to. We are hearing lately from people who say their rheumies want to give them temporary doses of these meds to get their disease under control, but I'm not sure how well that would work and I'm rather surprised to hear about this. I know that the farther away I get from my last infusion of Remicade, the worse I feel.

I'm switching to Enbrel, because the Remicade isn't working as well anymore after 4.5 years. It's been two months since my last infusion and I have to wait another month (unless my rheumy deems it safe to start earlier) before I can start the Enbrel. Wish me luck, because this wait is going to be rough.

Hugs,

Kat

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
"Strictly Ballroom"

Hi

Best of luck for your enbrels.

I am on enbrel too. First i was prescribed for remicade in India but when i came over to australia my doctor suggested me to go for enbrel and its simple and more effective.

Hope enbrel works out for you

Good Luck

Originally Posted By: Inanna
Generally, Manju, these meds are prescribed for longterm use (years). Those of us who have had good results will only stop them if we have to. We are hearing lately from people who say their rheumies want to give them temporary doses of these meds to get their disease under control, but I'm not sure how well that would work and I'm rather surprised to hear about this. I know that the farther away I get from my last infusion of Remicade, the worse I feel.

I'm switching to Enbrel, because the Remicade isn't working as well anymore after 4.5 years. It's been two months since my last infusion and I have to wait another month (unless my rheumy deems it safe to start earlier) before I can start the Enbrel. Wish me luck, because this wait is going to be rough.

Hugs,

Take Care Kesav
M
manju
Unregistered
manju
Unregistered
M
thanks a lot, it was usefull info.

Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
My doc told me when I started that if I didn't like how Humira was feeling, I could simply stop and it would work it's way out of my system. I'm sure that it builds up in the tissues, so it may be that you'd be fine for around a month and then start to notice more inflammation.

I've been thinking about trying to get off Humira for the summer (I'm a teacher) - just to see if I could try again to control it through diet again. I hate being on this drug, and I guess I'm still in doubt it's really worth taking. On the other hand, I may be off it for a few weeks and realize how lucky we are to have it. smile

Let us know what happens!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Megan, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 155 guests, and 82 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM