Moderators:
- Tim (Dotyisle)
- Chelsea (Kiwi)
- Megan (Megan)
- Wendy (WendyR)
- John (Cheerful)
- Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#382338 - 03/13/10 09:57 PM Re: AS and playing country songs backward [Re: Lon]
stevec Offline
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin

Loc: Millstone NJ
I know your right with all that thoughtful inspirational stuff, but I think I'd toss all the friendshop aside for a good full court game and knockin' down some three pointers.

maybe not.

L-R: Julianna, Jamie, Diane and Tonimarie

stevec-they also serve who stand and wait

#382339 - 03/13/10 10:01 PM Re: AS and playing country songs backward [Re: Orch]
stevec Offline
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin

You are still an amazement to me with your running. simply because I know from watching the runneers in my family, it takes commitment of will.

Add in the AS and the MS as possible roadblocks and all I can do is marvel.

Funny how you mention that the kids (your teens) stay up and you rest. I am wondering now how I will find the energy to be up late for the girls when they get to those teen years. I guess we find a way to get by.

#382341 - 03/13/10 10:04 PM Re: AS and playing country songs backward [Re: Donette]
stevec Offline
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin

Your welcome DOnette and I actually try often to plant the seeds of those dreams with what I guess one would call meditation. Went for an MRI recently played eighteen holes of golf in my head to get the thing done. It helps, well except when I sreamed FORE! out of the tunnel and scared the tech.

#382343 - 03/13/10 10:25 PM Re: AS and playing country songs backward [Re: stevec]
Donette Offline
Gold_AS_Kicker

Loc: Idaho, USA
lol, that cracks me up. All I've ever yelled out the tube of death is "GET ME OUTTA HERE!!!"

#382346 - 03/13/10 10:59 PM Re: AS and playing country songs backward [Re: stevec]
WendyR Offline

Loc: BC, Canada
Thanks, Steve. I've felt very welcomed since I joined KA. This is a special place.

Sometimes I'm perplexed as to why I find that Alan character amusing. Maybe it's because he comes from Nottingham and calls himself Inept Will. I start thinking of Alan a Dale, Will Scarlett and the rest of the crowd.

As for Kevin - he's a "doll" - that's a word my Canadian aunt used to say when I was a child - very puzzling then - now I get it.

Edited by WendyR (03/13/10 11:01 PM)

Rheumatoid Arthritis
Methotrexate, Celebrex, Plaquenil

#382358 - 03/14/10 12:54 AM Re: AS and playing country songs backward [Re: stevec]
Angelmom Offline
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin

Loc: Oklahoma..where the wind comes...
Have to say I agree with all the others...it makes me sad to see what I have had to give up..my daycare, my business, volleyball, running, shopping, trips...

I agree with Lon we do what we can when we can, you can't ask anymore of us than that.

I hope the lovely Diane and the girls are doing well.

Hugs,

Lisa

#382359 - 03/14/10 12:57 AM Re: AS and playing country songs backward [Re: stevec]
Angelmom Offline
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin

Loc: Oklahoma..where the wind comes...
Oh my goodness Steve,

Having gone thru it twice already and still have two to go let me tell you when your girls leave the house you WON'T be able to rest until you know they are back at home safe in bed.

I would HIGHLY suggest sending Bruno out with them anywhere they decide to go..lol no one would bother them then...personally I think I might try the trunk monkey..lol

Lisa

#382376 - 03/14/10 04:20 AM Re: AS and playing country songs backward [Re: WendyR]
ineptwill Offline
Titanium_AS_Kicker

A Country Song (the right way round)

Wendy and Stevec
a couple of clots
could not figure out
Why folks love 'Will' lots!
It's because he is witty
funny ha ha
and handsome and super
and has a great car.

The chicks, they would die
to get in with 'WIll'
as long as the car isn't faced with a hill
For Inept is fab and is one of a few
of heroic comedians, just like you two.

Chorus

Never eat soup cooked by Wendy
never trust Steve with a wedge
for her soup is grim and will send ye
like Steve's ball, to the nearest big hedge.........

'That Alan character' indeed' Huh.!!!

#382395 - 03/14/10 07:08 AM Re: AS and playing country songs backward [Re: stevec]
fyrfytr187 Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Excellent post Steve!

Unlike many of you this glorious disease didn't hit me until I turned 40. So I got to sew many of my wild oats before being knocked down.

I played all the stick and ball games growing up, and into college. I was a nationally ranked swimmer. I have ridden a water ski at over 70mph. Raced cars and motorcycle. I spent a wonderful week camped on a mountain top in British Columbia with my guide successfully stalking for a trophy bull moose. I survuved the mechanical bull craze of the urban cowboy days, and survived all of the parties that went with it. Even though like Barbara Mandrell I was already country when country wasn't cool.

I often look at AS as a pay back for all of the wreckless abuses I placed on my body in my younger years. I guess I lived the country song forward, and I do wish I could play at least part of it backwards. I still wish I could water ski, maybe not at 70 mph again. I would LOVE a pain free round of golf, or to be able to go hunting with my family and friends. Walking the hills and woods on a brisk winter day. And give loved ones big painless hugs.

I would love to be able to pull a 24 hour shift at the firehouse. To hump a hose line into a burning building again, or to save a life, riding crouched on the floor beside the cot in the back of the ambulance.

Yep, i'd still play that old country song backwards if I could.

#382409 - 03/14/10 09:41 AM Re: AS and playing country songs backward [Re: WendyR]
kevin_A
Unregistered

blush2 yes yes blush2

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 41 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
New member sign up and donations
by DragonSlayer
05/10/20 07:56 PM
We need an SSL cert on kickas.org
by MIranda
05/08/20 05:00 PM
AS Flare I think, maybe Covid?
by sBrian
05/06/20 11:59 AM
AS and IgA Nephropathy