Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A
Master_Sergeant_AS_Kicker
Master_Sergeant_AS_Kicker
A
I am not easily offended by anything you said, nor soft headed. I teach high school, therefore I have a thick skin and don't take things to seriously.

Having said that I must share why I am not on the NSD. I have been on Remicade and now Humira for years. Part of my happiness in life comes from the enjoyment of breaking bread with friends and family, and to me the NSD it is just way too constrictive and inconvienent. I have NO desire to even attempt what you do everyday, and by the way I think it is great that it works for you. A huge part of my quality of life has to do with cooking, eating and being with friends and family. The thought of the micro-managing that comes with that doesn't appeal to me in the least. This may not be as important to someone else.

Life is tough already with dealing with this stupid thing at times, I refuse to let it control every morsel of food that enters my mouth.

It really was not a hard decision for me. I think we all have to chose what works for us. Who am I to tell someone else what to do?

A:)

Last edited by Aims; 03/08/10 07:59 PM.
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
hugss

Kat

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
"Strictly Ballroom"

J
jet
Unregistered
jet
Unregistered
J
its dropped...its off chest - gone forever. enjoy your dinner eek

AMEN!

Speak kindly, Live simply, Care deeply, Love generously, and BLAH, HA, HA, LOUDLY! every chance you get.

J
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Decorated_AS_Kicker
J
Hi Jet,

Yes, unlike you, I'm soft in the head! It's called a brain.

Sorry if you are offended by that.

James

I ache, therefore I am

Dow Offline
Imperial_AS_Kicker
Imperial_AS_Kicker
Originally Posted By: Mollyc1i
PPs are lateral gaited. Real soft to ride, the 'Rolls Royce' ride. NO bounce. Just flow along, soft an sparkling. Wonderful horses for persons with AS, OA, RA to ride, cause they are sooooo smooth. NO soreness, ever.

oh no, you weren't kidding when you said this movie got the gait wrong, hmm, sorry, I get it now!

Dow
Dow - love ya! Now, take a look at Dragon-Slayer. Look at the movement, no jerking. With lateral gaited horses, the back does not move under the rider. The back is steady. When in the ring, the judge looks at the knees of the rider, IF the knees are jigging then the horse is not 'smooth' and will not get a ribbon. Riders 'try' to cover their knees for the judge... In the PP show ring, we wear ponchos, classical Peruvian dress code. So of course, it is quite easy to pull the poncho over the knees - but, the judge 'can' ask for the knees to be uncovered. It can get quite funny. At one show, one of the top chalans (trainers) was making a HUGE deal of covering his knees. The judge asked him to uncover, not a jiggle in sight. He'd been making a deal out of covering so that the judge would give him more notice - and push out the opposition. Yep. He got his 'smooth' gaited ribbon. <LOL>

Also have to check out the top line, check for movement as well. That's when the champagne class comes into its own. Ride holding a glass full of champagne. The judge gives 'gaiting' orders: turn, gait, paso-llano, sobreandando, walk, turn, etc etc. Rider with the most champagne left, gets the ribbon. Fun class. Think it was a fourth place I got in that one.

DD was always in the ribbons. Champion breeding mare; champion of champion performance horse; ribbon for gait etc etc. She was a whizz. Sigh. But, was soooo lucky to have known her AND to have owned her. WOW. Wonderful memories

Thanks Dow. Lovely to 'see' my gal there - even though she *is 'bouncing'...<VBG>

MollyC1i - Riding OutAS
Superior_AS_Kicker
Superior_AS_Kicker
Originally Posted By: Mollyc1i
That's when the champagne class comes into its own. Ride holding a glass full of champagne. The judge gives 'gaiting' orders: turn, gait, paso-llano, sobreandando, walk, turn, etc etc. Rider with the most champagne left, gets the ribbon.

Molly, that is so cool! Of course, the more you have left in your glass at the end, the more you have to toast your win with! laugh

"Traveler, there is no road, you make your path as you walk." - Antonio Machado
Steel_AS_Kicker
Steel_AS_Kicker
See I would be no good. I would drink the glass then just try and chat up the judges. LOL

On a serious note I used to break horses and show them in my youger days.
I know I know Im not that old but it still seams like a milliion yrs ago. LOL

Gosh - 'breaking' horses. WOW. I love the Dorrance bros work. Superb - it was on the Dorrance ethos/methodology that Pat Parelli has based the whole of his training protocol. Paul Dufresne, from whom I bought DD, is an exponent of Dorrance, and then into classical riding and cicenesque. Facinating. Though Paul always says, IF you like watching paint dry, then watch him...! The small movement, the nuance - body language. (Can't stand badly trained horses, too scary, won't go near em!)

OK. Don't get me started on horses, will not be able to 'dry up'...<LOL>

MollyC1i - Riding OutAS
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 46 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM