Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
K
kevin_A
Unregistered
kevin_A
Unregistered
K
Hi Craig,
Hope you dont mind me responding.Yes it would show up on a scope.
Hope your not having problems.

Kevin

#376091 02/09/10 12:07 AM
Silver_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Silver_AS_Kicker
Hey Kevin! I appreciated your answer! Hope all is going well!! I had a throat scope for GERD a couple of years ago and it was a negative. I had a negative colonoscopy too. Good news! I guess with AS I would have thought inflammation would have been present. I am glad it wasn't it.

Take care man,

Craig

K
kevin_A
Unregistered
kevin_A
Unregistered
K
Thats good Craig I had a Colonoscopy a few weeks ago mine was clear as well so it dosent always affect your gut or bowels.

Kevin

B
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
B
Thanks!
I told 'em to study diet more and more or less gave 'em a short version of my success story!
Shauna

Off antibiotics and now exploring mindbody healing.
B
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
B
LOL
It did the paypal to me too!SCARY!

D
Master_Sergeant_AS_Kicker
Master_Sergeant_AS_Kicker
D
I had a look at the site
Alternative Therapy --> Diet
Same old stuff about not enough proof, diets that lack essential vitamins and food groups are dangerous, Ra Ra Ra Ra.
Not worth wasting any time with that sort of bs.

The 'experts' always argue that evidence for a correlation between Klebsiella and AS is circumstantial (which it is) so far, and that the efficacy of a LSD has not been scientifically evaluated. Studies of LSD and AS could be difficult to fund, while new biopharmacueticals (biologics) may demonstrate efficacy, as well as a financial benefit to the industry (where as changing the diet would not).

I'm not holding my breath!!

David

Dx Oct 2006 B27+ undifferentiated spondlyarthropathy (uSpA) with mild sebhorrhoeic dermatitis and mild Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) controlled by NSD since 2007.
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
OK, I'm not alone. Whew!! smile

Thanks,

Hugs,

Kat

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
"Strictly Ballroom"

Hi David, I was discussing the idea of a diet based study with my rheumy when I last saw him (he didn't think it was a bad idea, by the way). Part of the problem is you cannot do a proper, controlled study when it comes to something like diet. How are you going to ensure that those on the diet are actually sticking to the diet, or that those on the control diet are actually sticking to the control diet? I suppose you could lock them up on a hospital ward and hand feed them for six months.

While the pharma conspiracy theory may hold some weight here, I rather doubt it's at the root of the issue. Part of the problem is that not every study done on this backs up Dr. E's findings. Indeed, they don't seem to be able to replicate them unless his studies or he, himself, are involved. At least, that's what I surmized. Also, when research was done on siblings (generally one with AS, one without) to see if there was evidence of kleb p.proliferation in the sibling with AS, it was found there wasn't any appreciable difference. Dr. E's response to this was that the study wasn't valid as the researcher had used AS patients whose ESR and CRP numbers were not elevated, indicating to him that they were not in the middle of active disease.

Of course, we all know that not all ASers' ESR numbers elevate and even CRP can be dubious, or not that elevated, yet the patient can be in the middle of horrific flare. So, does the research actually apply to all ASers, or only to those whose numbers elevate? And frankly, it's curious to me that Dr. E would have elevated numbers as one of his criteria at this point and/or use that as an excuse for a study on which the findings are opposite to his own. Rheumies all over are starting to figure out that they must assess disease activity using other tools than ESR and CRP, because they are not accurate indicators of disease activity in patients with AS, just as they are starting to realize that damage showing on x-ray should not be the be all, end all of diagnosis.

Just some thoughts for a Tuesday morning.

Hugs,

Kat

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
"Strictly Ballroom"

B
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
B
Me either!
I told 'em anyway 'cause I like making 'em mad!It made the rheumy mad!
Shauna

B
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
B
I wonder if in the studies did they just test Kleb colonies in the stool or did they study Anti Kleb IgA??
Just wondering....
Also, I don't agree w/ the Sed and CRP usage either as mine don't elevate and the diet helps me.They should do a study measuring Anti Kleb IgA and diet.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  fyrfytr187, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (haydenk, 1 invisible), 125 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM