Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#375236 02/03/10 06:07 AM
Tauro22 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi all,

My name is Joemar, 34 yrs old married. With a daughter and on the way to having a second child. I'm from the Philippines. My wife is pregnant for 3 mos now.
I'm a drafter(AutoCAD) for a construction company. My work is almost always on the computer. That the lubrication on my joints seldom happens because of my line of work.
It all started when i was 21 yrs old. In the last days of my college hears. I have had an accident. Both our knees bumped each other. The knees swell for days(21) before i brought it to a doctor. Who was a rheumy at the same time. The doctor got some pus in the swelling and run me on several tests. Then diagnosed that i was having gout arthritis. After a few weeks the pain run up to my back. Which made it difficult for me to be mobile. Rising up from the bed is already a feat for me. The doctor advised that i would be hospitalized for further evaluation. She told me I have Reiter's Syndrome. In the hospital i was started to do some rehabilitation therapy. Put me on methotrexate. Until she declared I have AS when i was already 29 yrs old. For the past 13 years i have been using methotrexate. And multiple amounts of different NSAIDS to alleviate the pain. Everyday NSAIDS is my life. To make me mobile. With the daily NSD my life is still not good. Standing alone from a chair, climbing a stair is already a problem for me. Riding the car is a slowly but painful feat for me. The pain in my back worsen. Not the same when i was younger the pain goes away for days. But lately it worsen. Also posture worsen by time and pain. My body weight also fell down to 55kilos at a height of 5'6". Which is way low the normal BMI. The last time i visit my rheumy she suggested me to take the TNF drug called enbrel. Which i could'nt afford. That was the time i do web research for arthritis.
For the 13 yrs of using Rx drugs i decided to change to Naturals. I tried MSM for the pain. I try to expose myself tO sunlight once in a while. And also chlorella for help to extract the heavy metals in my body caused by the years of Rx drugs. By then my weight began to catch up again. I'am now almost 60 Kilos. And my skin tone is already okey. I have been using this two for 7 months now. I started this when i was assigned in AbuDhabi in our project. I stopped all my NSAIDS and my Methotrexate. Which up to now i have a stock the one's that i bring to AD and back home in Philipppines. Now I'm feeling great with a little bit of pain but not the usual. If given a scale of 1 to 10 ill give a 3. The pain is tolerable and i can move i can do anything i want. I can now drive our car. Where before even sitting down is already very painful.

To correnct my posture. I have a forward head posture. Which much make me look like a hunch. I tried to purchase a book from one of the websites i found. My posture returned a little bit. I am continuing the specific exercise and stretches that i found specific to my conditions.

Before i went home from AD my friend introduce me to a berryjuice which together with the MSM and chlorella makes my life easier as of now. I started the berry juice last december. Ahh that was a relief.

As of now the pain is lessen compared before i will continue my regimen. Until all of my AS is forgotten.

I'll continue to post according to my experiences.
I will reply to any queries if there will be?

(Thank you for reading this. Hope you got some inspiration. There no time for losing hope. I think i found mine.)

To all AS kickers around the world good luck

God Bless us all.

Joemar
Philippines

Welcome to KickAS, Joemar.

It sounds as though you've found a way to manage your AS and that you are improving. That is wonderful news. Have you stopped NSAIDS and Methotrexate altogether?

I'm sure you'll hear more from others on this site before long.

Wendy

Rheumatoid Arthritis
Methotrexate, Celebrex, Plaquenil
Tauro22 Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes Miss Wendy

Yes, I stopped both NSAIDS(Tramadol) and my methotrexate. Since I started with MSM. I tried naturals I finished one bottle of vitamin D. But i was not able to finish the bottle of Fish Liver oil i bought. It triggers the pain when i consume it.

Joemar
Philippines

Hi Joemar. I've read of accidents and trauma kick starting autoimmune diseases. I firmly believe my bursting appendix operation helped start my AS.

Timo
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Hello Joemar and welcome to KA! smile

You've travelled quite a road to get here, but I'm glad you found us. I look forward to hearing more about how you are doing with natural treatments. I tried to treat my AS naturally for several years when I was first diagnosed, but sadly, I had to go on pharmaceuticals when the naturals were just not doing enough.

I thought for a few minutes that we might actually work for the same company, as I work for a quantity surveying firm that has offices in Asia and the Middle East. Couldn't find your name in our employee list, however, so I guess not.

What do you do for exercise or stretching?

Hugs,

Kat

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
"Strictly Ballroom"

D
darryn1972aussie
Unregistered
darryn1972aussie
Unregistered
D
maganda po!! i love manila - spent heaps of time in makati & paranaque living both extremes of pinoy life. McStarch burgers shops everywhere!!, you would be better off eating the street food than this stuff - not that id recommend either as a health food but better of 2 evils.

Tauro22 Offline OP
OP Offline
I think so also. Because after the swelling on my knee. It continually progressed. First diagnosed as gout, then Reiter's Syndrome then it progressed to AS.

Tauro22 Offline OP
OP Offline
I found this one website which deals with back pain and muscle imbalances. Before you could do the exercise there is a self assessment. Then after that u could the the intended exercise for the intended disorder.
On my part my back muscles became so weak. That my chest muscles pull my back. That folded both my shoulders up front. Which make me look like a hunch. After i got to exercise the intended exercise my chest is spread out now. Not like before it is folded inside.
I do some stretch on my chest. And i stretch my neck rotatingly. I pull my chin in to stretch the muscles there. Then i pull a rubber or a shirt by pulling it with both hands opposite each other to strengthen the back muscles. By trying to grind the shoulder blades. It is warm back there after i finish the exercise and stretch. I push my body in the door way. By putting both my elbow on the door jamb. To also stretch my chest muscles. And standing up i push my hand backward from bottom to the top on 5 locations. I also do the stretching with the exercise ball by kneeling down and push the ball forward to stretch my upper chest also.
I also do the stretching for the back of my thigh. And i streghten the muscles in front of my thigh. By doing forward lounges. Because when i got the program. And assesed myself those are my muscle imbalances. I've got three muscle imbalance in my own assessment. I've got high hip. One hip is lower than the other. The shoulder is also not on the same level. The other is forward head posture. My head is already ahead of my shoulders(stooped). And i also got backward tipped pelvis.
I also got to the point where i lost my gluteos muscles(buttocks muscles). If i touch my buttocks it is not there. That it was difficult for me to sit down. Because there is no muscle to support my weight but bones. But now I'm glad it's already back there. Not the same as before but its strengthening.
After those years of drinking Rx drugs I got temporary relief. I hope what i found could give me not just temporary relief but a long term relief.
Anyway i'm drinking a berry juice that helps me to be pain free. And helps me to have a better flexibity in my joints.
Hope this helps. I am in the office. I can't explain exactly all the exercises because my manual is at home.

Tauro22 Offline OP
OP Offline
Ahh, you've been to the bad and the good side of manila.

Your stretching regime sounds very good. I'm glad to hear it. It is so important for us to keep our muscles and joints moving and supple.

Personally, I do pilates, which I find very good for me.

Hugs,

Kat

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
"Strictly Ballroom"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 37 guests, and 118 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,361,692 hmmm
1,319,572 OMG!!!!
709,183 PARTY TIME!